Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Simbrief Integration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simbrief Integration?

Will the 737 in MSFS have full Simbrief integration? FSL has it and it works fantastic. Many were asking in the chewwy stream and he said he emailed Robert on it and did not get a reply. Knowing Robert, that usually means the answer is no but he won't say so unless pressed.

I think.many will be shocked and massively disappointed that in this day and age, especially with FSL having it for some time now in their products, that PMDG is again failing to go that extra mile for full immersion. PMDG refused to work with FSDT for GSX integration which FSL also has. Hence why it was widely known FSL was the superior narrowbody purchase in P3D. Most of us that have been around a while have already written off GFO as never coming so will Simbrief integration be available?
    Eric Fisher

Amazing... simply amazing!... Just shaking my head!
    Pablo Vazquez
    Flight Attendant for a major US airline

Comment

Eric-

In the past 24hrs I've gotten 138 email, 68 forum PMs, approximately 800 internal communications, 14 phone calls and probably close to 100 sms messages.

What did you do today?

Aside from making a thinly veiled insult toward my integrity?

Robert S. Randazzo
      PMDG Simulations
      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Always
        Always commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly, this is the job you should be doing, not something to show off. You make money on this. At present, compared with FENIX320, there is still a big gap, and it costs more money. Currently, the product is defective.

• Blakewilliams22
        Blakewilliams22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think sometimes, as an owner of a company, it's better to just let comments like this to be left alone. Even though the original post was condescending - you've just stooped down to their level. What was that saying about sticks and stones?

WASM is not currently able to communicate with the internet, therefore planes like the NG3 or the Aerosoft CRJ are not currently able to import flight plans from SimBrief directly. Asobo is already working to change this. In the meantime, you can just automatically download SimBrief flight plans to your computer, and the NG3 will be able to import it. It’s very easy - nearly the same as importing directly.
      Cesar Perez

Comment

• Stefankl97
        Stefankl97 commented
        Editing a comment
        How can you import them automatically??

• pfwolf@gmail.com
        [email protected] commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes and it can all be done automatically. Just use the Simbrief Downloader. It will download your flightplan to the right folders when you have filled it out on Simbrief. Both for MSFS2020, PMDG 737-700 and also the weather for PMDG 737.

And so are the days of our lives.
      Peter Walsh.

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
        Eric-

In the past 24hrs I've gotten 138 email, 68 forum PMs, approximately 800 internal communications, 14 phone calls and probably close to 100 sms messages.

What did you do today?

Aside from making a thinly veiled insult toward my integrity?

Truth be told, a lot more but that's a different conversation that unfortunately cannot be publicly divulged.
        Eric Fisher

Comment

• moxiejeff
          moxiejeff commented
          Editing a comment
          Where's my eyeroll emoji?

• bf03
          bf03 commented
          Editing a comment
          We got a badass over here

• Rocky Jet Melendez
          Rocky Jet Melendez commented
          Editing a comment
          Flying sim planes for hours and hours on end doesnt count, Captain Happy.

Here are my 2 cents.

I wholeheartedly agree that it's a huge pity that PMDG was not working on the integration with other addons / services (Simbrief, GSX, etc...) , GFO looking like we will all be retired before it comes out, and it is absolutely correct, that PMDG is really falling behind in these areas (let me stress that again - IN THESE AREAS).

That being said, you should all realize, that these features are "nice to have" and not "must have". As long as PMDG will continue to follow its standards regarding modelling quality, system depth, and relatively bug-free experience, I have no problem to let that slide.

If I should choose bigger integration, or still a PMDG level of quality which we have seen in many of their products, I will pick the PMDG level of quality without hesitation.
        Jan Podlipsky

Comment

• Eleuth
          Eleuth commented
          Editing a comment
          As for now GSX is not ready for MSFS.
          And in Prepar3d the GSX addon worked perfect with the PMDG planes
          Although I have to admit that I did not fly with version 5. So maybe it is different there.

• DarrianCZE
          DarrianCZE commented
          Editing a comment
          I was talking more about PMDG's effort for integration in general.

And regarding the GSX, yes, the general functionality of the GSX is working perfectly fine, however, the GSX offers a deeper integrations via their custom variables, for example passenger count, etc...

And other developers, like FSLabs for example, are using these to synchronize the data.

It's not a big deal, but it shows the effort.

For anyone in this thread who hasn't seen today's announcement - simbrief integration is coming
        Joe Colehouse

Comment

Originally posted by EasternT3 View Post
          For anyone in this thread who hasn't seen today's announcement - simbrief integration is coming
          "[V]ia tablet" to quote from the announcement. Will be interesting to see what exactly that means or entails. It would be nice to be able to downlink route and load information directly to the CDU, comprising some kind of interface with PMDG's own ground operations system.
          Last edited by StachM; 19Apr2022, 19:10.

Comment

Originally posted by StachM View Post

"[V]ia tablet" to quote from the announcement. Will be interesting to see what exactly that means or entails. It would be nice to be able to downlink route and load information directly to the CDU, comprising some kind of interface with PMDG's own ground operations system.
            From what I'm reading, it's more about the outside connection than the tablet. Asobo or PMDG can make it work, but it won't be at release, so expect to download then copy/paste flight plan
            Benjamin MATHON
            Abidjan, Ivory Coast

Comment

I've been using SimBrief extensively during my beta testing of the NG3. My flow is to create the OFP then use the SimBrief Downloader to download the .pln and .wx files to their respective folders (either in community or the local state/packages folders). I also download a pdf to the other computer on my network to have that open during operations but that is a personal preference. Now when setting up the FMS RTE page one simply enters the destination and does a flight plan REQUEST. After a slight delay the FMS provides that plan if it is a unique instance of the destination ICAO or it will display a list of plans from which one selects the preferred. Now one waits for the download to be completed and adds the terminal procedures. I'm not sure that is "integration" that others are thing about but it works seemlessly. Also, the enroute winds for the route are available for the LEGS and descent forcast pages.
              Dan Downs KCRP
              i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

Comment

Well Dan the endgame would be that the load information (block fuel, passengers, cargo) are relayed from simbrief to PMDG‘s ground ops and the aircraft is loaded accordingly. And thereafter you get a loadsheet via ACARS and verify/revise the numbers in the „box“. That would be a dream…

Comment

Originally posted by StachM View Post
                  Well Dan the endgame would be that the load information (block fuel, passengers, cargo) are relayed from simbrief to PMDG‘s ground ops and the aircraft is loaded accordingly. And thereafter you get a loadsheet via ACARS and verify/revise the numbers in the „box“. That would be a dream…
                  I'm not released from my GFO beta NDA; however, some day in the distant future you dream will be realized to an extent.
                  Dan Downs KCRP
                  i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by B777ER View Post
                    Will the 737 in MSFS have full Simbrief integration? FSL has it and it works fantastic. Many were asking in the chewwy stream and he said he emailed Robert on it and did not get a reply. Knowing Robert, that usually means the answer is no but he won't say so unless pressed.

I think.many will be shocked and massively disappointed that in this day and age, especially with FSL having it for some time now in their products, that PMDG is again failing to go that extra mile for full immersion. PMDG refused to work with FSDT for GSX integration which FSL also has. Hence why it was widely known FSL was the superior narrowbody purchase in P3D. Most of us that have been around a while have already written off GFO as never coming so will Simbrief integration be available?
                    Question 1 is which lobe of your brain has to be missing to post something like this? I mean FFS dude an ounce of self-awareness would do you some good lol.

Question 2 is have you seen this video where the guy uploaded his Simbrief flight plan and cruise & descent weather using the CDU?

https://youtu.be/DJ12U0l_Avc
                    Last edited by MattS; 20Apr2022, 03:21.
                    Matt Smith

Comment

• Want2BFlyin
                      Want2BFlyin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Be warned. It seems like a lot of the people who believe the 737 will somehow be a second-rate addon without Simbrief integration believe that having to click a button in Simbrief to download the flight plan is somehow different than clicking a button in the FMC (or EFB, which it sounds like will be happening with the NG3) to download the flight plan.

• MattS
                      MattS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Want2BFlyin thanks man, yeah flight simming attracts the most ridiculous people.

Originally posted by DDowns View Post

I'm not released from my GFO beta NDA; however, some day in the distant future you dream will be realized to an extent.
                    It already is, Dan, I just have to fly Airbus to experience it. 😅 Which is why I strongly support it for the 737 as well.

Comment

Fenix already got a working Simbrief, Navigraph charts and WX online integration, I am quite sure PMDG could do it.
                      Benjamin MATHON
                      Abidjan, Ivory Coast

Comment

• EasternT3
                        EasternT3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes but I believe that's because it's all ran externally from the simulator

Originally posted by Benjamin.M View Post
                      Fenix already got a working Simbrief, Navigraph charts and WX online integration, I am quite sure PMDG could do it.
                      They can! And it's coming. Patience...
                      Best regards,
                      --Anders Bermann--

Comment

Firstly, unless the original post was edited, the OP did not question anybody’s integrity and the response to his post was needlessly vituperative, as far as I can see. I do not like that question “what did you do today?” one bit and think that requires an apology. If he had insulted Robert or actually questioned his integrity, I would expect a critical response and an apology from the OP.
                        That aside, I am very excited to hear that there will be Simbrief integration in the 737; I think it is important to integrate with such a superbly useful tool. I am really curious about the extent to which GFO integrates with it or, indeed, replaces it.
                        Flight Sim Guides YouTube Channel

John Price

Comment

• rherrmann24
                          rherrmann24 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Originally posted by B777ER View Post
                          Many were asking in the chewwy stream and he said he emailed Robert on it and did not get a reply. Knowing Robert, that usually means the answer is no but he won't say so unless pressed.

I think.many will be shocked and massively disappointed that in this day and age, especially with FSL having it for some time now in their products, that PMDG is again failing to go that extra mile for full immersion.
                          I don't speak for Robert here, but if it were me that the above quoted comment were said to (and this is directly from the original post), Robert's reply was certainly a lot nicer than I would have been.

Blue skies,

Rob Herrmann

• Schmegg
                          Schmegg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Meh. I agree with rondon on this one.

The OP clearly got it wrong with his comment regarding immersion - nothing particularly immersive about using Simbrief to input your FMC data - pretty sure they don't do that in IRL.

However, I too think Roberts reaction was off. Could've handled that one a bit better IMHO. But I'm fairly sure I can guess why - tiredness.

Anyway, also like rondon, very happy to hear there will be some level of Simbrief integration. I don't find pecking away with a mouse at a virtual CDU a particularly pleasing experience and I'm not able to have a dedicated hardware unit on my rig. So it is indeed good news.

• Murf7413
                          Murf7413 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I fully agree with Rob!! Think Robert was a LOT tamer in his response than I would have been, I think it was quite justfied!!!

If the OP doesn't like the product fine... I can respect that. But, don't throw stones until you have walked in the other person shoes!!!

I just jumped down to the bottom here without reading anything because it appears that is how these informative forums are supposed to work. I just have one question though so it should be easy.
                        Will there be Simbrief Integration?
                        Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
                        I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

Comment

• Benjamin.M
                          Benjamin.M commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Read above, you will get your answer

• Crabby
                          Crabby commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And Benjamin.M swings and misses. Remedial sarcasm school for you!

• Benjamin.M
                          Benjamin.M commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Why, we won't know in 2025?

Originally posted by DDowns View Post
                        I've been using SimBrief extensively during my beta testing of the NG3. My flow is to create the OFP then use the SimBrief Downloader to download the .pln and .wx files to their respective folders (either in community or the local state/packages folders). I also download a pdf to the other computer on my network to have that open during operations but that is a personal preference. Now when setting up the FMS RTE page one simply enters the destination and does a flight plan REQUEST. After a slight delay the FMS provides that plan if it is a unique instance of the destination ICAO or it will display a list of plans from which one selects the preferred. Now one waits for the download to be completed and adds the terminal procedures. I'm not sure that is "integration" that others are thing about but it works seemlessly. Also, the enroute winds for the route are available for the LEGS and descent forcast pages.
                        1. Which exact positions in Simbrief Downloader do you select for OPF and WX?

2. Which folders do you download OFP and WX to?
                        Sincerely,

Wojtek Pietrusiewicz

Comment

• Crabby
                          Crabby commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Uh Moridin, I am sure this will be detailed extensively in the manual upon release, like it has been every release prior. Also, I am unsure, but you may have the option to install it to a folder of your choice and use symbolic links to the community folder (my preference) and then it will differ from person to person, though the default should stay the same.

Plus 1, thanks
                        PMDG Cultist...Chris Honke (CYYZ)

Comment

Uh Moridin, I am sure this will be detailed extensively in the manual upon release, like it has been every release prior. Also, I am unsure, but you may have the option to install it to a folder of your choice and use symbolic links to the community folder (my preference) and then it will differ from person to person, though the default should stay the same.
                          PMDG FPL And PMDG WX options, saved in 2 separate subfolders in the 737 -work folder. 🖖🏻
                          Sincerely,

Wojtek Pietrusiewicz

Comment

Y’all might find this video useful.

https://youtu.be/Y--qSXEkr0E

Mark Chen
                            Mark Chen

Comment

What's the problem? Half the fun of the FMS is using it to set the flight up!

Sean Lester

Comment

Eric IMOP you don't respect this forum and at least think before you write comment like that . PMDG simulates the best airplanes and integrates with other software developer in the market from some time now this comments are rude to the Robert, PMDG team, and PMDG house pls don't, don't be rude in this forum pls!
                                Rolando Olmo

Comment

I am constantly amazed and not a little disappointed at the rudeness and complaining I see exhibited on this - and many other - flight sim forums. The bickering and sniping don’t accomplish anything positive, IMO.
                                  I have been enjoying flight simulator in its various forms since it first hit the IBMPC in the early eighties. The transformation from the stick figure airplanes and scenery of those early days to what we have today is truly mind-boggling, so if some feature or another that I want is not available on day one of a new release, I’m sure as hell not going to whine about it.
                                  I had hoped that the PMDG 737 - which gave me many, many hours of pleasure on P3D - would be available for MSFS in time that I could buy myself a nice present for my 80th birthday next week, but if I have to put that pleasure off for a bit - well, I’ve waited 80 years. I can hang on a little longer. And I’m sure that I can adjust to using Simbrief exactly the same way that I’ve been using it until they come out with a different integration method.

Thanks, PMDG - I am looking forward to many more hours of sheer enjoyment with your fine products. (now, if I can only nail those circling approaches...)

Wright Truesdell

Comment

• Flyboy66
                                    Flyboy66 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Very well said Sir!

With this being the most anticipated release for MSFS I understand why everyone is excited and becoming agitated.

Its spring here in the UK and there's lots to do to distract, procrastinate or simply pass the time outside of the sim... in perspective this time last year, we was in a Covid-19 Pandemic lockdown and we couldn't leave our houses, people just need to be patient and distract, I'm guilty of checking the forums daily for updates, like yourself I'm happy to wait.

I also understand peoples frustration, its surprising the amount of people who don't actually read the updates RSR kindly takes the time to provide in his busy life, and when people ask answered questions it must feel like he's chasing his tail.

A Very Happy 80th Birthday for next week!

Ha. I don’t care if I have to manually type every waypoint with alt and spd restrictions myself. We’re talking about pmdg 737. The name alone means quality. I’m standing on the ramp waiting for mine to roll out of the hangar. I plan on flying the paint off the fuselage and be the biggest earth day offender since MITO alert of a complete SAC wing of D models.
                                  Christopher Cook
                                  PMDG 737-800 -900
                                  PMDG 747-400 8I
                                  Retired Delta KDFW
                                  And the worlds biggest enthusiast of the B-52!

Comment

I prefer a company that doesn‘t hack my sim core and change its behaviour to get their addons to work. With my new and virgin computer there is a three letter company that will never find another installer to be run here. No enigma verification errors for more than 6 months, no test.exe, no constantly popping up sim configurators that tell me to change my settings and restart to get control over my CPU while I actually just wanted to fly my Milviz Kingair. If that means that I have to download my flightplan manually and input my w/b myself, well, be it.
                                    Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                                    Marc Eland
                                    GFO Beta

Comment

• Flyboy66
                                      Flyboy66 commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Can't say I've shared in the same experience you have.

For me at least said company has made MSFS airliners useable for many and has been my go to sim since, OFC until this and the -800, 747,777 releases I'm happy to chug away at a few NEO's.

Lets not forget It could've always be much worse.. they could of charged you $20/30 for a franken-plane with default systems and an old model shipped straight from the previous gen and refused refunds for a product that should of been free in the first place, I mean if you recall the FS2004 days of IFDG (<< Correct if wrong) and POSKY you'll know Its an absolute SCAM what that developers doing... don't even get me started with that C130 (Dies Laughing).

Regardless... Happy Flying whatever you choose.

• Ephedrin
                                      Ephedrin commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Flyboy66 Said company doesn't have any airplanes in MSFS yet. Don't confuse them with FBW where I wholeheartly agree with every kudos.

Hey Guys,

I'm honestly not get the point where the big advantage of a simbrief online integration may be.
                                    As I understand is the load function out of a specific folder where formated 'plan and wx' file are placed by simbrief download function with the MSFS version of PMDG Airliners still available.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If it is possible like described we can lay back and wait until the online connection is available, maybe for CPDLC functions.
                                    As of many other discussions, I didn't see a really useful function (CPDLC) working on other Airliner Addon yet.

BR
                                    Andreas Hövel

Comment

There are some airlines that don’t have the ability to downlink flight plans etc, and I really enjoy inputting the flight plan myself, but hey that’s just me
                                      Alaister Kay

Comment

• Scratch335
                                        Scratch335 commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I have to agree with you here Alastair. Even if the option was available to hit a button on the EFB and squirt a config into the FMC, I would be unlikely to use it. I also enjoy keying the routing and check back for errors and omissions.
                                    Working...
                                    X