Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[23JAN22] A Little Red Cone, with Not Little Significance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[23JAN22] A Little Red Cone, with Not Little Significance.

Captains,

We have some good news rolling around the halls of PMDG this weekend, and it is best described by an unusual detail in this capture from some of our work this afternoon:

PMDG737TestFlight001.jpg

That red cone has long been present in the background of various test flight images and video of new aircraft types. It provides a measurement for static pressure in order to facilitate verification and (if needed) of the engineer's predicted values for static pressure used for such things as the air data system on the airplane.

Back in 2011, we added this feature to the 737NGX at the request of a friend of ours who worked in Test Flight at Boeing, and we have had it aboard every PMDG Boeing airplane since. It is a silly thing, really, but it makes for some fun that you can turn on/off from within the options feature set that we include with the airplane when it ships to you.

I have traditionally left it visible (along with the test vane plugs in the forward windows that are part of the test flight kit) when we are testing a product prior to initial delivery because it gives the look of an airplane that is undergoing the serious business of testing. And serious we are, at the moment!

Thanks to some long awaited input from Asobo, we are able to report that our progress toward Beta Testing and eventually Release has been unstuck. We are currently evaluating both a transition-to-testing date and an initial release date. I'll have quite a bit more information on the release process right around the time we actually put the airplane into testing, as there are a host of items that have been stagnant since early October that we can finally begin to evaluate fully- and I need the intervening time in order to speak intelligently about the release process.

There are still a few more bridges to cross, which is to be expected. The PMDG 737 is easily the most complicated C++ object oriented project to be brought into MSFS at this time and as we have already seen, it is possible to stumble into things that take collaboration to resolve. We have a couple of items on the worry-list, but we are just starting to get into them at this juncture so we shall know more in the coming week.

In the mean time, enjoy the week ahead! I'll try to roll back through with some visual snacks for you as we make progress!
    Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

I was RIGHT, Robert! Oh god Thanks!!! Please, just say can we expect it in Feb. Please and Please
    Stancho Stanev

Comment

• Astanor
      Astanor commented
      Editing a comment
      Mmm... for me it doesn't sound like an release in the near future. I don't really know how long PMDG's testphases are going but it can be a next week release or in three months.

• haiderroney
      haiderroney commented
      Editing a comment
      Astanor relax not 3 months i think 2 weeks to 1month max 2 months

Great news! Can't wait to get a proper airliner in MSFS
    Werner Rafteseth

Comment

Cushty Rob, cushty !!!
      Andrew Bolton

Comment

Labored breathing, palms are sweaty, time goes by slowly. Torture is one thing, this is a level up. Thank you for these news
        Cheers,
        Alan Dominguez

Comment

Dropped a bit of money on the thrustmaster pedals, boeing yoke, and honeycomb throttle in preparation for this plane! Can't wait and thank you for the periodic updates!

Comment

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            Nameless- please do add a signature for your posts here. We appreciate it. The folks at Thrustmaster did send us a yoke and we will do our best to ensure it is fully connected in with minimum of fuss. - RSR

Glad to hear it!
          Ken Robinson

Comment

So happy about this! Great news!

Also Rob you uh, got the date wrong in the title 🤣

Comment

• rsrandazzo
              rsrandazzo commented
              Editing a comment
              Jack- Thank you! You know- i stared at that for about two minutes, thinking: That looks wrong... what did I misspell? AHAHAAH I haven't even started drinking yet. - RSR

Hi Robert. Are these good news apply to Xbox as well or only PC 🙄?
            Zaid Shaker

Comment

• rsrandazzo
              rsrandazzo commented
              Editing a comment
              Zaid- The plan is still that all of our aircraft will be available on PC and Xbox, however thus far we are still awaiting clearance for the DC-6 on that platform. Last update I had was "it will be a few months." They cannot share information on that particular topic, which unfortunately means we don't get much info, sorry. - RSR

I am so excited!!
            Eroc Morales

PMDG Hanger - MSFS DC-6, 737-700, 737-800

Comment

Can’t wait! Looking forward to use it with the Thrustmaster TCA Boeing pack.
              Tomas Hoste

Comment

Thank god! I'm so incredibly excited for this aircraft. Just a month or so ago we went from "2021" to "Who the hell knows" in terms of release dates. I haven't been around the block long enough to know exactly how long the testing phase is, but I'm glad to know that information about a solid release date is soon to come. Just a bit longer!
                Elijah Meadows

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                  rsrandazzo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Elijah- The testing phase will be only as long as it takes, but not less than it should take. Does that help? LOL - RSR

• ManyPandas
                  ManyPandas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  rsrandazzo In a way, yes it does, haha! I'd be interested to know how long betas have taken for projects of similar scope, historically speaking?
                  Last edited by ManyPandas; 24Jan2022, 01:31.

• Saygin1
                  Saygin1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ManyPandas historically speaking project like this took around 2-3 months for beta testing. So don't expect anything earlier than 8 weeks considering everything went smooth and as planned

saygin raosaw

One word......Thanks!
                Chaz

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                  Captains,

We have some good news rolling around the halls of PMDG this weekend, and it is best described by an unusual detail in this capture from some of our work this afternoon:

PMDG737TestFlight001.jpg

That red cone has long been present in the background of various test flight images and video of new aircraft types. It provides a measurement for static pressure in order to facilitate verification and (if needed) of the engineer's predicted values for static pressure used for such things as the air data system on the airplane.

Back in 2011, we added this feature to the 737NGX at the request of a friend of ours who worked in Test Flight at Boeing, and we have had it aboard every PMDG Boeing airplane since. It is a silly thing, really, but it makes for some fun that you can turn on/off from within the options feature set that we include with the airplane when it ships to you.

I have traditionally left it visible (along with the test vane plugs in the forward windows that are part of the test flight kit) when we are testing a product prior to initial delivery because it gives the look of an airplane that is undergoing the serious business of testing. And serious we are, at the moment!

Thanks to some long awaited input from Asobo, we are able to report that our progress toward Beta Testing and eventually Release has been unstuck. We are currently evaluating both a transition-to-testing date and an initial release date. I'll have quite a bit more information on the release process right around the time we actually put the airplane into testing, as there are a host of items that have been stagnant since early October that we can finally begin to evaluate fully- and I need the intervening time in order to speak intelligently about the release process.

There are still a few more bridges to cross, which is to be expected. The PMDG 737 is easily the most complicated C++ object oriented project to be brought into MSFS at this time and as we have already seen, it is possible to stumble into things that take collaboration to resolve. We have a couple of items on the worry-list, but we are just starting to get into them at this juncture so we shall know more in the coming week.

In the mean time, enjoy the week ahead! I'll try to roll back through with some visual snacks for you as we make progress!

Thank you Robert!!!

Best Regards Petter
                  Petter Storvik

Comment

Great news! I bet the enthusiasm you were sadly losing has been re-injected back into the team now you’re unstuck
                    Joe Colehouse

Comment

The most awaited module ever is coming!
                      Cenk C.Demir

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                        Captains,

PMDG737TestFlight001.jpg

Looks absolutly stunning Robert. I have 1 question will we see the 737 on the Xbox marketplace or do we Xbox users need to wait until the DC-6 has been re-released before we can see the 737 on the Xbox marketplace?

Im really excited for the 737 she looks amazing
                        Thijs den Braven

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                          rsrandazzo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thijs- The plan is still that all of our aircraft will be available on PC and Xbox, however thus far we are still awaiting clearance for the DC-6 on that platform. Last update I had was "it will be a few months." They cannot share information on that particular topic, which unfortunately means we don't get much info, sorry. - RSR

Originally posted by ThijsF100 View Post

Looks absolutly stunning Robert. I have 1 question will we see the 737 on the Xbox marketplace or do we Xbox users need to wait until the DC-6 has been re-released before we can see the 737 on the Xbox marketplace?

Im really excited for the 737 she looks amazing
                        Until MS solves the issues with the Xbox I do not believe that it will be available in marketplace for Xbox.
                        Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

That's very good news! Thx for your hard work!

Comment

This makes me even more excited now, thanks so much! Looks like SeedyL was the real deal huh...? 👀😍
                            Last edited by CaptainTom; 23Jan2022, 09:07. Reason: added signature
                            Tom Berry

Comment

Thanks Robert for recently sharing these news with us

Hasan
                              Last edited by HasanPmdgBest; 24Jan2022, 08:34.

Comment

Thanks for the great news!

Does the fact that you’ve got unstuck mean it’s not reliant on a Sim Update to resolve?

Mark Flynn
                                Mark Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Mark1102 View Post
                                  Thanks for the great news!

Does the fact that you’ve got unstuck mean it’s not reliant on a Sim Update to resolve?

Mark Flynn
                                  Correct not related to a sim update.
                                  Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                  PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Robert, just in the very best for the community, wouldn't it be much better just to be quiet until you have really something to show/say?
                                    Those countless previews, stuck, unstuck, sorry, later, stuck, beta, issues, bla posts annoying more than it pleases us.

I remember back in the days I followed you and got emails when RSR finally posted another announcement which meant to be a real announcement with something real to experience.
                                    Now its just a lot of words killing my time without any kind of benefit (as a customer).

Just my opinion.

Regards
                                    Timm - an very huge fan of PMDG until PMDG lost the track to "be the very best"
                                    Timm Rehberg
                                    Twitch Stream | V1 Simulations Blog

Comment

• Gerardius
                                      Gerardius commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      It's as simple as stopping reading what you don't think is interesting to you. Because if, in addition to reading a post you think is useless, you waste your time writing another post to complain, in my town we have a description for that: talk for the sake of talking.

Gerardo Cabezón

• erocfx
                                      erocfx commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I appreciate the updates. It means checking the forums daily isn't in vain.

• alaaar
                                      alaaar commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Let's agree to disagree, I've been a PMDG customer for more than 10 years, RSR updates are the best and express not just a business update but passion and obvious love to the aviation industry ........ Personally, I think they should be put together in a book that we call the story of simulation or something.

Can't wait.

Let's hope there isn't any more unforeseen issues that stop progress!

-Fabian
                                    Fabian Weber

Comment

One more step from shutting the naysayers up regarding that MSFS have no true Study Level Airliners (who are mostly from Xplane), because the sim is not capable of having complex aircraft. Once the PMDG 737 is released and proves the concept of study level airliners, things will get really interesting with some of the simmers from other platforms getting all defensive about their chosen sim. Incidentally I have all of the major sims and they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
                                      Eamon Dono

Comment

Great news!!!
                                        The Brazilian community is looking forward for the 737 release, hopefully it will be released soon! 🤞🙏
                                        VIC
                                        VICgames - youtube.com/vicgames2000
                                        VIC - Content Creator
                                        youtube.com/vicgames2000

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Correct not related to a sim update.
                                          Appreciate the clarification Chris!

Mark Flynn
                                          Mark Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by xTiMm_ View Post
                                            Robert, just in the very best for the community, wouldn't it be much better just to be quiet until you have really something to show/say?
                                            Those countless previews, stuck, unstuck, sorry, later, stuck, beta, issues, bla posts annoying more than it pleases us.

I remember back in the days I followed you and got emails when RSR finally posted another announcement which meant to be a real announcement with something real to experience.
                                            Now its just a lot of words killing my time without any kind of benefit (as a customer).

Just my opinion.

Regards
                                            Timm - an very huge fan of PMDG until PMDG lost the track to "be the very best"
                                            He can’t win either way. If they don’t post anything people complain and make up their own theories as to why the aircraft is delayed. And if they do post info people complain that it’s not enough.

What would you suggest they do?

Mark Flynn
                                            Mark Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Mark1102 View Post

He can’t win either way. If they don’t post anything people complain and make up their own theories as to why the aircraft is delayed. And if they do post info people complain that it’s not enough.

What would you suggest they do?

Mark Flynn
                                              But can you tell me who cares about complaining customers?
                                              Its anyway maybe 2 hand full of people over and over asking for things and get the same answer every time.

But its RSR/PMDG's huge problem now, having their customer base hyped for a VERY long time for a not finished and buggy Flight Simulator + speaking about release dates, beta timeframes, delays etc.
                                              This makes me - as a huge customer (have almost every product) - more sick to read almost on a daily base announcements and asking others if there is probably a short version available just to get the key parts of it - which is "delay", "bugs", "miscommunication with asobo our dearest friends",..
                                              To be honest: I am more happy with the way other devs work (quiet and bring something thats amazing) rather than posting this non-sense announcements so often.

Its sad. For me PMDG was SO long THE developer out there. Now its probably 5th? In terms of the full product immersion.
                                              What's with GFO? I am flying one of the most modern airliner in the world around the globe (777) and can't even request a metar from my destination ........
                                              Timm Rehberg
                                              Twitch Stream | V1 Simulations Blog

Comment

Working...
                                              X