Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[17JAN22] Hot or Cold. Take your pick. Then go take your pic.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least we have some Ryanair flights with the -700, even if it's only for training.
    Jude Bradley
    System specs: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i9-9900KF Gigabyte Z390, RTX-2070, 32GB RAM Prepar3D V5 X-Plane 11.50 Beta tester for MS2020
    http://downloads.pmdg.com/forum/Signatures/PMDG_Banner_777_Pilot.jpg

Comment

• haiderroney
      haiderroney commented
      Editing a comment
      i liked that one lol
      mvh haider roney

So Rob, if this is a platform side issue, why are we not able to hear what it is? Is it such a trade secret that it would derail the product entirely? Maybe if we had a better understanding of what this problem was, we'd atleast have a realistic expectation. With that said, if it's a trade secret, then knowing that would suffice as well. Right now everyone is spinning their wheels with conspiracy theories and confusion.
    Chase Stigberg - KRIC
    Intel i9 9900k OC 5GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - 7 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU

Comment

Out of general curiosity. Did MS/Asobo express any commitment on implementing fixes for show stopping items in a year 2022 or are they mainly "corporate speak" their way around those
      issues?
      Aleks Matrosov

Comment

Thanks for the update, Rob! This must be difficult for you and the team but we have every faith things will come good in the end. This is clearly a product worth waiting for!
        Rob Crawshaw
        📺 Flight Sim Content Creator | youtube.com/bobbyfuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

The discount will be only if you buy it from our store. There will be no discount option for Market Place or steam as simple is not possible foe these store to be aware if a user has bought it previously from our store and in the time frame the promo was active
          This issue can be overcome though. A code can be generated from your store for users who have purchased the NGXu and then applied elsewhere. But I can see it being a hassle to implement given that there are users who purchased the game from Steam and others who did so from the Microsoft Store.

I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements MS has in store for "Marketplace 2.0". Hopefully a coupon system is one of them.
          Fahad Al Riyami
          PMDG 737NGX, 737NGXu, 747 (+ -8), 777 (+ -300ER). MSFS-exclusive, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            Fahad- The original program and it's associated costs were offered based upon the requirement. It will remain in place. - RSR

rsrandazzo so 737-700 come out before 737-800 ? best regards Petter Storvik
          Petter Storvik

Comment

• EasternT3
            EasternT3 commented
            Editing a comment
            RSR - The 700 is a better foundational point than the 800 when it comes to all of the system logic and options packages that cover the fleets. To go from 800 to 700 we would have to work a bunch of tasks backward, or rework them, which is worse. That being said, if something in the 700 gets hung up and the 800 is completed first, it will release first. I don't really see much chance of that, however.

Should we anticipate that each variant is going to cost the same or more than the NGXu? Or will that credit carry over for use on additional variants until the full credit is used?
          Dan DeBartolo

Comment

Robert,

Thanks for the update. I was a little disappointed to hear that the -700 will release before the -800 but understand the logic.

As a long-time customer of PMDG products across three sim platforms, as well as a RL -800/MAX pilot currently going thru upgrade training, I have had some things on my wishlist for the 737 series and wonder if we might ever see them. They are:

FANS MCDU (button layout more akin to the 777)
            RCI6000/4000 HUD (the current HUD appears to be closer to the BAE2020?)
            HUD/HGS programmable thru the CDU MENU>HGS keys
            Ability to add custom waypoints for company-specific EO procedures
            Double click to silence A/P, A/T aural disconnect warning (maybe already possible?)

So looking forward to this release for MSFS. P3D is looking dated and can be unstable in VR, although I do mostly use TrackIR due to the need to access company iPad.

Thanks for the hard work and dedication to perfection!

Regards,

Terry Swindle
            Last edited by atrdriver; 17Jan2022, 15:04.
            Terry Swindle
            Pilot, American Airlines

Comment

Greetings from Winnipeg.
              In addition to the 700 I am quite looking forward to the fire suppression version.
              Cheers,
              Dave
              Dave Wilton

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                rsrandazzo commented
                Editing a comment
                Dave- You would. You fire guys are a bit odd. :-) How you doing, old friend? - RSR

So, let's do the math. You paid 99$ for the basic package, then u pay 30$ for the expansion packages.The total amount is 129$.
              After the change, You payid 99$ for the one variants, then u pay another 99$ for another variants. The total amount is 198$.
              If u guys still try to split the basic development expenses on the variants, like half (64.5$-basic on total amount 129) and half (64.5$-basic on total amount 129) , or like 70$(main models) and 59$(secondary models), the basic development expenses is still including in the diffrence variants (If I try to buy at least two different variants).
              I think is a process, maybe try to step by step , still can provide the other varients(like expansion packages) to purchase. Just not too rush to jump to the next level.
              FYI. If I misunderstood ur new price policy, please let me know.(It's not a aggressive post, just wanna try to know the the composition of the price
              EricLin - Java web developer - Hunan China
              Intel i7-10875H \ Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 \ Kingston DDR4 8Gib * 2

Comment

It surprises me how many on various platforms are discussing and getting wound up over the new pricing model when no pricing has even been announced or how it will truly work. I'm pretty sure PMDG will know how to fairly price their products. Anyway I invite people to re listen to this interview from about the 10 minute mark, where RSR discusses the MSFS market and product price, I'm sure the viewpoint has changed much if at all in 6 weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKadQrREujM
                Joe Colehouse EGCC

Comment

Originally posted by EricLin View Post
                  So, let's do the math. You paid 99$ for the basic package, then u pay 30$ for the expansion packages.The total amount is 129$.
                  After the change, You payid 99$ for the one variants, then u pay another 99$ for another variants. The total amount is 198$.
                  Or, perhaps it's possible that before, you paid $99 for the base pack, then $30 for the expansion pack for a total of $129. Possibly now after the change, you pay $60 for one variant, then another $60 for another variant for a total of $120. I'm making up numbers here, but I'm guessing it would be something more along those lines.
                  Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by EricLin View Post
                    If u guys still try to split the basic development expenses on the variants, like half (64.5$-basic on total amount 129) and half (64.5$-basic on total amount 129) , or like 70$(main models) and 59$(secondary models), the basic development expenses is still including in the diffrence variants (If I try to buy at least two different variants).
                    I think is a process, maybe try to step by step , still can provide the other varients(like expansion packages) to purchase. Just not too rush to jump to the next level.
                    FYI. If I misunderstood ur new price policy, please let me know.(It's not a aggressive post, just wanna try to know the the composition of the price
                    If not mistaken no one has said that the price will be 99$ for each. So until we release the actual price it would be appreciated not to speculate...

Thank you.
                    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                    PMDG Technical Support
                    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Quick Question whenever this comes out on xbox will there be liveries that come with it since us xbox simmers don’t have access to third party websites.

Preston Cartman

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                        rsrandazzo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Preston- We will know more when we reach that point. We're a bit far out from the Xbox release for this product line! - RSR

Originally posted by PCARTMAN1 View Post
                      Quick Question whenever this comes out on xbox will there be liveries that come with it since us xbox simmers don’t have access to third party websites.

Preston Cartman
                      As the DC6 in market place it will have some extra liveries included. Obviously it will not be possible to have all the liveries but some will be included
                      Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                      PMDG Technical Support
                      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Swaluver88
                        Swaluver88 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don't forget swa Chris! 😉❤🤣

O mamma ma perché? I always think about new series 737 will be max not ngx. Doesn't matter my question is ...in the future u think for 737 max? Im not ask u for 777x too early. Thx.

Comment

• Vee One
                        Vee One commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I understand Robert told us the Max would maybe be coming but not after all the B737's are out.

• HenrikIsaksen
                        HenrikIsaksen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Indeed the MAX is planned (and hopefully already in development). I think it's the most requested variant as well, so hopefully they are able to get that out quickly once the NGs are released

Thanks for the update and screenshots, Robert. I just wanted to share a thought. Before I do, I'll say I am no X-box hater or no other platform hater for that matter.

I understand Microsoft wants MSFS for both players and simmers. If someone is a serious simmer, I cannot imagine how they'd want to use such software in X-Box. X-Box is a game console. It is intended to play around with different console games and it is not as fast of a system as most serious simmers PC's are. I understand they are not upgradable either. It wasn't created or intended for serious simulation but created to play many types of games for the masses. It is for sure, a great platform for a lot of things.

Why would PMDG want to have their planes compatible for x-box when other serious in-depth aircraft coder companies like PMDG (Fenix, FBW, etc) won't port theirs to X-Box? Because after reading a lot of posts in different forums, one of the probable reasons PMDG is "stuck" is because it has to obey certain codes for it's planes to be compatible with the X-Box game console.

I hope I'm wrong but seeing the problems the DC-6 has had with the X-box platform and its subsequent withdrawal of the platform, I can imagine it has something to do with it. It does at least beg the question.

Again, trying to make such in-depth simulation software for a game console doesn't add up. X-Box is a great platform to discover flight simulation or just play around with planes and enjoy adventures and air races. But if one likes it and wants to get into it for more in-depth simulation experience, the next logical step is the PC platform.

So my idea is, and many more will agree with is, make it for PC only to start with. Once it's out for the PC users, the bugs ironed out, etc, when you have more time and/or when Microsoft/Asobo has fixed the X-Box problems for both the DC-6 and the B737 series, take it to X-Box if you still think it's a good idea.

Robert and team, I wish you all the best! I'm really looking forward to your future releases.
                      Last edited by Vee One; 17Jan2022, 18:30.
                      Andreu Escuain

i7-10900 @ 3.60 GHz - be quiet! Dark Rock 4 - HyperX Kingston 32GB RAM @ 3200 MHz DDR 4- 2TB m.2 SSD WD Blue - MSI GeForce GTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR

Comment

• HenrikIsaksen
                        HenrikIsaksen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I second this, but I think a big problem for us consumers here is that XBOX still has a reasonably large market and the 737 will undoubtably sell a lot of copies on XBOX as well. So I think holding off on the XBOX released would also result in a lot of missed potensial sales, even if they just technically postpone them. Then again, that's assuming the speculation about the XBOX being a factor being true

• Vee One
                        Vee One commented
                        Editing a comment
                        When Robert released the DC-6 for X-Box, I gather he mentioned that for the X-Box version, the plane would not have the same full experience simulation compared to the PC version, apart that they would not be able to add more liveries, etc.
                        Now the X-Box platform is broken for PMDG and who knows when Asobo will fix it for them. X-Box is now at a pause for PMDG. I hope Robert is not waiting for Asobo to fix it for them to be able to release the PC version.
                        He could do what Microsoft/Asobo did: Release the PC version first and after, once the X-box hurdles are fixed, release it for X-Box.

Hey men; You know this job! I'm losing patience!
                      Serhan Onur
                      LTBJ

P3D V4.5,+ XP11.50,+ DCS 2.5, + MSFS2020; Win10 Home Edt. I7 6700K @ 4.5Ghz, Asus Z170 ProGaming, Zotac 2060 Super Mini, Corsair 2X16 GB @ 3200Mhz DDR4

Comment

So if I've understood this right, the 100$ discount can be used on the desired model once released. So for example I can spend it on the -800, and wait to spend the rest (assuming the -800 is less than 100$) on the MAX8 whenever that comes around? Good to hear the plane is progressing, be it a bit slower than desired
                        Henrik Isaksen

Cabin Crew on the Boeing 737
                        Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5.0Ghz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200Mhz | Windows 11

Comment

• Vee One
                          Vee One commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Henrik, Robert said "Of course- the next and most important question everyone will ask: "What about the price credit from my NGXu purchase?" Yup- if you qualified for the promotional pricing back in late 2019, we still got you covered. You will still get the full dollar value of the promotional, nothing has changed there."
                          He did not give more info. When Robert does have the pricing and all of those nitty-gritty details, he will let us know. There is no point in wanting to know now. The price has not even been released. Maybe you'll get one plane for free and maybe a discount for the next variant...Who knows.
                          Last edited by Vee One; 17Jan2022, 18:41.

Hello Robert and team,

Can we as a community amplify the issues with asobo? I think Asobo should feel the full weight on the flight sim community on this. What if we start a thread on the forum advocating that asobo gives you what you need. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by drmason1214 View Post
                          Hello Robert and team,

Can we as a community amplify the issues with asobo? I think Asobo should feel the full weight on the flight sim community on this. What if we start a thread on the forum advocating that asobo gives you what you need. Thoughts?
                          PMDG community is not even a blip for Asobo. They are overrun with newcomers to simming who giddily pay for scenery this and bespoke airports that and planes that barely fly. Until that spigot dries up Asobo is not in any big hurry to accommodate us community or PMDG. They have their own playbook and vision and that vision and playbook are focused on eyecandy that gets them the most money at the moment. Till then P3D still works and is actually not horrible looking with new clouds and if you fly around orbx areas. Those of us who can afford all three sims pretty much given up on MSFS and use it for short hops in modded default planes and get their serious planes fix in Xplane and P3D.
                          Aleks Matrosov

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post

Effective with this new product line, we are going to break them into body types so that you can purchase just the body type you want. For example, our initial release will focus on the 700 series airframe. It will come with the 737-700 body in a couple of iterations and winglet options. It will also come with the 737-700BCF (also with winglet options) and of course the venerable BBJ with winglet options and the whole fuel tank configuration range.

Then we will offer a similar roundup for the 737-800 series. It will include the 800 (in various formats) the 800BCF and the BBJ2. We will then treat the 600 and 900s similarly, grouping nearly all of the possible NG dirvations together by body style and offering them individually rather than as a base-package/expansion package combination.

Why do this?

Easy. The MSFS market is an enormous marketplace, which we feel allows us to shift our product pricing point to make it far more approachable for far more users, because if all you really want is a 737-600 to fly your Janet flights out of KLAS to Area 51- we would like you to be able to make the decision to purchase just that airplane as it suits you. If you then joined a VA that operates some cool flights in the 800BCF, then you can come back for just the 800 series, and you will still have spent less than you would have under our old pricing.

Pricing points will be announced a bit later (they haven't been finalized, I'm not being cagey- i just really don't know!) as well as a bit more clarity on what airplanes will be included in each package. (There are a few oddballers such as fire-fighting airplanes, military derivatives, etc that we need to figure out how we would fit in... they won't likely be in the initial batches, but perhaps get added later as updates? we'll see...)

Overall, our goal is to make the product line more approachable to more users.

We anticipate about 6 weeks lag time between each release, with the 700 series being first. We haven't determined the final order for the remainder, as there are a few moving parts still to be nailed down. Once we have those sorted the release order will flow naturally from that. (We are leaning to the 800 because we know that is one you guys really want!)

Of course- the next and most important question everyone will ask: "What about the price credit from my NGXu purchase?" Yup- if you qualified for the promotional pricing back in late 2019, we still got you covered. You will still get the full dollar value of the promotional, nothing has changed there.

Okay- enough for tonight. After today's snow/ice storm I may be back

The question left on the table is:

Will purchasing one package entitle customers to discounts on the other packages?

The example that comes to mind is what Just Flight did with the Arrows. You buy one (whichever version), and you get a significant discount (66% if I'm not wrong) on the other packages.
                            Giuseppe Nelva

Comment

• EasternT3
                              EasternT3 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That’s exactly the point I wanted to make but didn’t know how to articulate it, i.e if every package is $50, if you purchase one will the others drop to say $25

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                            Captains,

We haven't given you much to look at other than the 737-700 in a standard passenger configuration, so I thought it might be nice to show you a few of the other configurations that you will be getting with your PMDG 737 for MSFS.

We shall split up a bit between hot and cold, just for fun.

DISCLAIMER: I am the world's worst screenshot taker... It is a holiday weekend here in the States and it is also Jason's anniversary, so I didn't have Vin or Jason to call on for professional help. Laugh if you must.

First up, we have the 737-700 BCF, sitting on a snow covered runway in Chicago. This model is based upon the specifications for the actual airplane, and gives you working cargo doors, both main deck and below deck cargo. With the ground equipment, you can correctly position the loader and you will also be able to explore the cargo main deck of the airplane if you choose. I am planning to feature a bit of that in an upcoming video presentation.

The winglet styles offered (on the normal pax body, the BCF and the BBJ) will mirror the options made available to purchasers in the market today. Personally I haven't caught the scimitar winglet bug, so I tend to set mine up with the regluar blended winglet you see here.

The BCF airplane comes with the proper changes to the flight deck, including main deck cargo fire detection/indication and suppression, as well as appropriate ground equipment for a cargo airplane.

(Someone will ask, so: The ground equipment options we provide are just that: Options. You can turn them on/off at your leisure.)

737BCFSnow.jpg

Next up with have the BBJ baking on the ramp in Beautiful Sunny Exuma, Bahamas. (A wonderful place if you ever get a chance to visit!)

The BBJ, just like it's passenger and BCF cousins comes with a full suite of ground vehicles, including a set of VIP suburbans to whisk your VIP passengers to and from the airplane in style. This airplane comes with it's own unique cabin, which has been upgraded rather dramatically to account for the increased texture overhead we get with MSFS. In addition, using the view tools you can get a nice walk-through effect in the cabin which we will showcase for you at some point here soon- I hope.

Along with the VIP interior, the BBJ comes with it's own installed mobile boarding stairs to door 1L (you can actually turn this option on for the other airplanes if you like, up to you!) or you can use the standard ground handling equipment to provide passenger access to the airplane.

This view angle gives you a great glimpse of the reflective qualities of the painted surfaces and how they reflect light. When viewing these airplanes from the outside while at cruise altitude, we are getting incredibly close to the point where it is sometimes hard to tell the difference between a well staged screen capture and a photograph. Obviously these two random screen grabs from me aren't well staged- but I think Jason and Vin could probably fool you if they took the time to set up the lighting.

Speaking of Jason: I was going to give you a few images of the upgraded interiors on all three airplanes, but I wanted to be sure Jason is okay with me doing that before we let you back there. We have long placed our entire focus on the cockpit, but with this product line we are adding a bit more attention to the cabin than we have traditionally. It won't be to the same degree of detail as the cockpits, obviously- but it is the start of us moving in the direction of high detail cabin interiors. It make take us some time to get all the way there- but hey- you have to start someplace.

737BBJ_Baking.jpg

Let's Talk About Pricing:
                            So one of the key components in the pending PMDG 737 for MSFS release process is that we are changing our traditional layout for how you purchase airplane addons from PMDG. In the past, we have marketed each airplane type with a base package, and then added airframes by releasing expansion packages. Effective with the 737 product line for MSFS, that paradigm will go away because we want to lower the bar of entry for folks who perhaps, just want one type of 737 and not ALL of them. If, for example, you wanted to fly the 700 series airplane in our historic product line, you would need to purchase our base package and then add the 600/700 expansion package to it. If you wanted to add the 700BCF, you'd also need to add that package, with each additional package giving you some airframes that perhaps you didn't want.

Effective with this new product line, we are going to break them into body types so that you can purchase just the body type you want. For example, our initial release will focus on the 700 series airframe. It will come with the 737-700 body in a couple of iterations and winglet options. It will also come with the 737-700BCF (also with winglet options) and of course the venerable BBJ with winglet options and the whole fuel tank configuration range.

Then we will offer a similar roundup for the 737-800 series. It will include the 800 (in various formats) the 800BCF and the BBJ2. We will then treat the 600 and 900s similarly, grouping nearly all of the possible NG dirvations together by body style and offering them individually rather than as a base-package/expansion package combination.

Why do this?

Easy. The MSFS market is an enormous marketplace, which we feel allows us to shift our product pricing point to make it far more approachable for far more users, because if all you really want is a 737-600 to fly your Janet flights out of KLAS to Area 51- we would like you to be able to make the decision to purchase just that airplane as it suits you. If you then joined a VA that operates some cool flights in the 800BCF, then you can come back for just the 800 series, and you will still have spent less than you would have under our old pricing.

Pricing points will be announced a bit later (they haven't been finalized, I'm not being cagey- i just really don't know!) as well as a bit more clarity on what airplanes will be included in each package. (There are a few oddballers such as fire-fighting airplanes, military derivatives, etc that we need to figure out how we would fit in... they won't likely be in the initial batches, but perhaps get added later as updates? we'll see...)

Overall, our goal is to make the product line more approachable to more users.

We anticipate about 6 weeks lag time between each release, with the 700 series being first. We haven't determined the final order for the remainder, as there are a few moving parts still to be nailed down. Once we have those sorted the release order will flow naturally from that. (We are leaning to the 800 because we know that is one you guys really want!)

Of course- the next and most important question everyone will ask: "What about the price credit from my NGXu purchase?" Yup- if you qualified for the promotional pricing back in late 2019, we still got you covered. You will still get the full dollar value of the promotional, nothing has changed there.

Okay- enough for tonight. After today's snow/ice storm I may be back
                            Ich brauche nur die 800....bitte
                            Kr, Marco Spijkerboor

Comment

rsrandazzo you cant even tell what is the specific problem preventing you guys from releasing this bird and here posting more pics teasing us . What are you trying to do? Just release it with current state and dont implement that feature until asobo "fix" it! If its weather api etc just release it we dont care .

saygin sa racoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Saygin1 View Post
                                rsrandazzo you cant even tell what is the specific problem preventing you guys from releasing this bird and here posting more pics teasing us . What are you trying to do? Just release it with current state and dont implement that feature until asobo "fix" it! If its weather api etc just release it we dont care .

saygin sa racoglu
                                I wouldnt want it without a lot of systems. PMDG has a very very good rep on their products and probably wants to grow that rep and not destroy it.

"why would you say destroy it" because society sucks right now, and will go for the throat of a company that doesn't produce a certain quality line like they have in the past. There was a huge prime example a few months ago of dev that did that and their rep is horrible now.

as usual
                                the "P" in PMDG really does stand for Patience
                                Last edited by Swaluver88; 17Jan2022, 21:31.
                                Alex Kulak
                                PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

• Saygin1
                                  Saygin1 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  then why they dont wanna disclaim whats pretending releasing it?

• Swaluver88
                                  Swaluver88 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Technically they don't have tell anyone anything if they don't want to and just release it one day without anyone knowing. Since MSFS has came out RSR has been very very open to how things are coming along in the development process

Gorgeous shots! Really interesting to hear the change to the product system but if we're looking at $40-60 a variant that would be interesting. I don't mean to speculate hard but I think folks are going down the worst fear road. If someone completely new to PMDG planes wants to buy just one. Say one really likes -900ERs and wants to fly that they can for a lot less! Hopefully this pays off! I can assure that those who indulged on NGXu will have enough to cover the initial release and then some! 🕵🕵🕵
                                Christopher Gregg.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude Bradley View Post
                                  At least we have some Ryanair flights with the -700, even if it's only for training.
                                  Several interesting airliners still flying the 700, so it's all good!
                                  Karl Stenson

Comment

• Swaluver88
                                    Swaluver88 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Lots are lol

Looks good!

I cannot see myself moving to MSFS until they have weather sorted out - no historical weather for example is a big deal-breaker for me. They seem pretty uninterested in changing this or allowing Hifi to have a go, unless anyone has read different?

Saving a flight and resuming being stuck with whatever you saved with etc.

I have withheld my opinion so far on MSFS, and I really wanted it to be my future sim. I just cannot see it being so with critical things like this not implemented/nor allowing any 3rd party like Hifi to have a go. Looks like its P3D for me into the future...
                                  Last edited by VHOJT; 18Jan2022, 00:20.
                                  Rudy Fidao

Comment

Originally posted by VHOJT View Post
                                    no historical weather for example is a big deal-breaker for me..
                                    Meanwhile for users like myself.. I could careless about historical weather. Even if I did, its pretty simple to create the conditions you want in the in game menu.

To each their own.

Shane Walker
                                    Last edited by yycvor; 18Jan2022, 03:09.
                                    Shane Walker - CYYC

Comment

Thanks for the update Rob, seems to still be hanging on for the show stopper to be sorted and I'm hoping it is done asap. It's been a long anticipated aircraft add-on product for MSFS and will by a long stretch likely be the most detailed for some time - and for that a lot of us (myself included) are very excited.

I like the release strategy too giving us the options of all - though like Pokémon used to say, gotta catch em all! I'll likely enjoy the -700 and then on release the -800 and so on 🤣

Keep up the good work, it sounds like a frustrating time but we'll all be here to greatly enjoy it all in the near future whenever that may be!

Already trying to find a livery artist who can make our Osprey Airways and Osprey World Cargo liveries for these now!
                                      ​​​​​
                                      Last edited by British Avgeek YT; 18Jan2022, 08:34. Reason: Got the signature working!

Luke Carter | Flight Sim Content Creator & PPL Student Pilot
                                      youtube.com/britishavgeek

Comment

Working...
                                      X