Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[17JAN22] Hot or Cold. Take your pick. Then go take your pic.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[17JAN22] Hot or Cold. Take your pick. Then go take your pic.

Captains,

We haven't given you much to look at other than the 737-700 in a standard passenger configuration, so I thought it might be nice to show you a few of the other configurations that you will be getting with your PMDG 737 for MSFS.

We shall split up a bit between hot and cold, just for fun.

DISCLAIMER: I am the world's worst screenshot taker... It is a holiday weekend here in the States and it is also Jason's anniversary, so I didn't have Vin or Jason to call on for professional help. Laugh if you must.

First up, we have the 737-700 BCF, sitting on a snow covered runway in Chicago. This model is based upon the specifications for the actual airplane, and gives you working cargo doors, both main deck and below deck cargo. With the ground equipment, you can correctly position the loader and you will also be able to explore the cargo main deck of the airplane if you choose. I am planning to feature a bit of that in an upcoming video presentation.

The winglet styles offered (on the normal pax body, the BCF and the BBJ) will mirror the options made available to purchasers in the market today. Personally I haven't caught the scimitar winglet bug, so I tend to set mine up with the regluar blended winglet you see here.

The BCF airplane comes with the proper changes to the flight deck, including main deck cargo fire detection/indication and suppression, as well as appropriate ground equipment for a cargo airplane.

(Someone will ask, so: The ground equipment options we provide are just that: Options. You can turn them on/off at your leisure.)

737BCFSnow.jpg

Next up with have the BBJ baking on the ramp in Beautiful Sunny Exuma, Bahamas. (A wonderful place if you ever get a chance to visit!)

The BBJ, just like it's passenger and BCF cousins comes with a full suite of ground vehicles, including a set of VIP suburbans to whisk your VIP passengers to and from the airplane in style. This airplane comes with it's own unique cabin, which has been upgraded rather dramatically to account for the increased texture overhead we get with MSFS. In addition, using the view tools you can get a nice walk-through effect in the cabin which we will showcase for you at some point here soon- I hope.

Along with the VIP interior, the BBJ comes with it's own installed mobile boarding stairs to door 1L (you can actually turn this option on for the other airplanes if you like, up to you!) or you can use the standard ground handling equipment to provide passenger access to the airplane.

This view angle gives you a great glimpse of the reflective qualities of the painted surfaces and how they reflect light. When viewing these airplanes from the outside while at cruise altitude, we are getting incredibly close to the point where it is sometimes hard to tell the difference between a well staged screen capture and a photograph. Obviously these two random screen grabs from me aren't well staged- but I think Jason and Vin could probably fool you if they took the time to set up the lighting.

Speaking of Jason: I was going to give you a few images of the upgraded interiors on all three airplanes, but I wanted to be sure Jason is okay with me doing that before we let you back there. We have long placed our entire focus on the cockpit, but with this product line we are adding a bit more attention to the cabin than we have traditionally. It won't be to the same degree of detail as the cockpits, obviously- but it is the start of us moving in the direction of high detail cabin interiors. It make take us some time to get all the way there- but hey- you have to start someplace.

737BBJ_Baking.jpg

Let's Talk About Pricing:
    So one of the key components in the pending PMDG 737 for MSFS release process is that we are changing our traditional layout for how you purchase airplane addons from PMDG. In the past, we have marketed each airplane type with a base package, and then added airframes by releasing expansion packages. Effective with the 737 product line for MSFS, that paradigm will go away because we want to lower the bar of entry for folks who perhaps, just want one type of 737 and not ALL of them. If, for example, you wanted to fly the 700 series airplane in our historic product line, you would need to purchase our base package and then add the 600/700 expansion package to it. If you wanted to add the 700BCF, you'd also need to add that package, with each additional package giving you some airframes that perhaps you didn't want.

Effective with this new product line, we are going to break them into body types so that you can purchase just the body type you want. For example, our initial release will focus on the 700 series airframe. It will come with the 737-700 body in a couple of iterations and winglet options. It will also come with the 737-700BCF (also with winglet options) and of course the venerable BBJ with winglet options and the whole fuel tank configuration range.

Then we will offer a similar roundup for the 737-800 series. It will include the 800 (in various formats) the 800BCF and the BBJ2. We will then treat the 600 and 900s similarly, grouping nearly all of the possible NG dirvations together by body style and offering them individually rather than as a base-package/expansion package combination.

Why do this?

Easy. The MSFS market is an enormous marketplace, which we feel allows us to shift our product pricing point to make it far more approachable for far more users, because if all you really want is a 737-600 to fly your Janet flights out of KLAS to Area 51- we would like you to be able to make the decision to purchase just that airplane as it suits you. If you then joined a VA that operates some cool flights in the 800BCF, then you can come back for just the 800 series, and you will still have spent less than you would have under our old pricing.

Pricing points will be announced a bit later (they haven't been finalized, I'm not being cagey- i just really don't know!) as well as a bit more clarity on what airplanes will be included in each package. (There are a few oddballers such as fire-fighting airplanes, military derivatives, etc that we need to figure out how we would fit in... they won't likely be in the initial batches, but perhaps get added later as updates? we'll see...)

Overall, our goal is to make the product line more approachable to more users.

We anticipate about 6 weeks lag time between each release, with the 700 series being first. We haven't determined the final order for the remainder, as there are a few moving parts still to be nailed down. Once we have those sorted the release order will flow naturally from that. (We are leaning to the 800 because we know that is one you guys really want!)

Of course- the next and most important question everyone will ask: "What about the price credit from my NGXu purchase?" Yup- if you qualified for the promotional pricing back in late 2019, we still got you covered. You will still get the full dollar value of the promotional, nothing has changed there.

Okay- enough for tonight. After today's snow/ice storm I may be back
    Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Can you still buy the whole package as a bundle tho?

Comment

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Nameless- Please do sign your posts here. We require it! To answer your question: Currently we are not planning to bundle the products when new- but it is possible that as they reach later life stages we might consider it. It is hard to say just from this vantage point. -RSR

• Ioan92
      Ioan92 commented
      Editing a comment
      @rsrandazzo
      My name is Ioan, it's in the nickname. Pleased to meet you!
      You could pull a pre-order with a possible bundle, just to avoid any hassle.

• TrevorHannant
      TrevorHannant commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the signature RSR is talking about - https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

You need to follow the instructions here

Great news and great progress!
    I have a small question, when the 737-7 releases, will it be still possible to buy all the future 737 in one single package or will we have to buy each individual iteration?

Thanks you,
    André Martel

Comment

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Andre- Each one is it's own, separate entity. You can be forgiven for having a hard time picturing it. We haven't done that in 25 years yet. - RSR

I’m crying, I need this now 😭😭😭 How many children do I have to sacrifice? Please, Rob, tell us!
    Cesar Perez

Comment

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Cesar- That depends. Are we talking about actual children? Or people who act like children. Those are two different numbers. :-) -RSR

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
    We anticipate about 6 weeks lag time between each release, with the 700 series being first. We haven't determined the final order for the remainder, as there are a few moving parts still to be nailed down. Once we have those sorted the release order will flow naturally from that. (We are leaning to the 800 because we know that is one you guys really want!)
    So why the 700 series is being first? Why not 800?
    I guess because of that most of us will have to buy the 700 (because we just can't wait any more) AND then the 800 (6 weeks later).
    Great marketing idea.
    Igor Alekseyev
    UWUU

Comment

• Ephedrin
      Ephedrin commented
      Editing a comment
      Impatient you are, young padawan.

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Igor- The 700 is a better foundational point than the 800 when it comes to all of the system logic and options packages that cover the fleets. To go from 800 to 700 we would have to work a bunch of tasks backward, or rework them, which is worse. That being said, if something in the 700 gets hung up and the 800 is completed first, it will release first. I don't really see much chance of that, however. - RSR

• radioair
      radioair commented
      Editing a comment
      rsrandazzo, thank you for the explanation!

COME ON ASOBO!!!! We want to fly THIS! btw RSR,
    Are the problems with asobo vital for the plane to fly properly? If they are something with EFB for example, you can release it and make an update later.
    This plane has to come out someday, right? it can't be delayed always due to minor problems( if they are minor, of course) or just because Asobo decided to put you in the spam section, right. You can't imagine that I and probably a lot of my sim colleagues wake up every day with 737 in their minds. PLEASE!!!
    Stancho Stanev

Comment

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Stancho- I don't want to get into great detail, except to say that yes, it is a show-stopper. We can't even really put the airplane into beta until we get through this. - RSR

• Stancho123
      Stancho123 commented
      Editing a comment
      rsrandazzo I hope you have some progress with asobo after yesterday's comment from CM of MS that asked you to send him problems below my comment! hmm quite annoying question, but is it possible to give us some expected timeline AFTER asobo fixes the problem( I mean how much time you will need when the problem is solved) MY MONEY ARE READY FOR YOU!!!

• Jxck
      Jxck commented
      Editing a comment
      rsrandazzo If you can't even get it into beta yet, could this mean a 2-3 month wait? What is stopping PMDG from revealing what this show stopper is?

Thank you Robert for the beautiful words, but we already need the plane in our MSFS. Regards Tomas Zima
    Tomas Zima Prague

Comment

Fair update, thanks Robert. Fingers crossed that A. finally wake up.
      Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
      Marc Ehnle

Comment

Very interesting way of splitting them up now, doesn't matter for me as I'll have all models on day 1 releases. The "fire-fighting airplanes, military derivatives, etc" spikes my interest as on recently it was discussed how PMDG stopped doing visual only, maybe the thought process changed? Or they might have the actually differences? Either way I can't wait, nice to see we are going to get all the P3D variants and more (here's hoping for P8 and wedgetail models )
        Joe Colehouse EGCC

Comment

G'day Robert and team PMDG. Great to get an update on this.

I'd like to ask a question though. Are the issues with Asobo/MS critical to the usage of the plane? Or is it something more minor which can be patched up in a later update. I'm sure that most of us would be understanding of such arrangement, and many of us (including myself) actually would like this.
          Oh and also, will the series eventually be bundled, like once all variants are released?
          Thanks,
          Jack
          Jack M.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            Jack- It is a blocker. By definition that is about as serious as they come. Hence the stress it places on the team - RSR

I have to say, after reading all the explanations, myself and I believe many others are absolutely alright with whatever the show-stopper is being removed until it can be fixed. At this point, most of us would love this bird and probably won't be able to tell a difference in our day-to-day flying.
          Nick L.

Comment

Hi, i'm sorry i am quite new to the PMDG line of 'craft. I was wondering if PMDG themselves provide the aircraft with liveries or if that comes from third parties? and if third parties, how long would it be before some liveries show up?

extremely excited about this product, all the best,
            Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dougmaxmarsh View Post
              Hi, i'm sorry i am quite new to the PMDG line of 'craft. I was wondering if PMDG themselves provide the aircraft with liveries or if that comes from third parties? and if third parties, how long would it be before some liveries show up?

extremely excited about this product, all the best,
              Doug
              They usually provide liveries upon release. As for 3rd party, they usually come out a few days after release.
              Nick L.

Comment

Is it possible this bird isnt releasing at all because of the issue with asobo?
                Kars Hekman

Comment

Originally posted by Skymo View Post
                  Nameless no, it will be released.

Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Thank you!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19
                  Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                  PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• EvgenyK
                    EvgenyK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have always been optimistic about PMDG release in MFS. However, the latest mysterious news about the "show-stopper" and "blocker" (according to Robert's comments above) which is not really a blocker (according to your "no, it will be released") do make me feel worried. In our company we use term "show-stopper" for a bug that has to be resolved before release, and a bug which we cannot release our software with.

Moreover, I agree with others who say that most users don't need a perfect simulation of each and every system and faults. If the engines can be started, flight controls, stabilizer, gear, flaps and spoilers are moving, route waypoints, SIDs and STARs can be programmed in FMC, ILS, MCP and at least one autopilot are working - it's probably quite enogh to cover 95% scenarious for day-to-day use.

Keeping that misterious Schrödinger's "show-stopper" in secret provides a fundament for some pessimistic conspiracy that it's actually your problems which you are trying to blame Asobo instead. Personally I don't think so, but I've seen such thoughts in youtube comments from other users, and lack of transparency in such questions makes it worse and worse with each announcement.

Dear PMDG, I do believe in you, I trust you and hope we will see this pretty bird in our MFS hangars. If you trusted your customers a bit more, we would be happier.

Best regards, Evgeny Karpovich
                    Last edited by EvgenyK; 17Jan2022, 10:19. Reason: Adding signature manually since it was no added for some reason.

• cmakris
                    cmakris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    EvgenyK I answered to Kars question about not releasing at all. This is not the case. The 737 will be released.

• Ephedrin
                    Ephedrin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sry Chris for this load of assumptions now.

MY assumption is simply that PMDG want to go for the xBox and hence they are required to stick to the SDK. I assume further that this thing Robert talks about is the autopilot. Again: personal assumption, I KNOW nothing. Every addon we have ends up with the default kap140 logic of the sim. Every. Single. Addon. Even the DC6 and the CRJ. Some have the addtional IAS hold but it behaves like a background VS calculation added to the Kap140. A 737 naturally can‘t come with that logic, no way. I assume further that PMDG have their stuff together but wait desperately for the possibility to implement it into their model of the 737 while still sticking to the SDK —> XBox.

When Robert says it‘s a showstopper and Chris says it will be released this means 2 things TO ME: Either they will wait for Asobo regardless how long it takes. Or they go the Fenix/FBW way of bypassing the sim eventually and release a fully working 737 to the PC community (and wait for Asobo to wake up and then modify the 737 or release a seperate XBox version.

Originally posted by Skymo View Post
                  It'll be released. There just isn't an exact public release timeline right now.
                  Jack M.

Comment

I can take some pretty good screenshots.. just sayin'

Looking forward to whacking some paints on her
                    Cheers,

John Tavendale

Comment

• EasternT3
                      EasternT3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looking forward to your repaints John!

• rsrandazzo
                      rsrandazzo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      John- Much like a parent isn't allowed to say one child is a favored over another, I cannot say one livery painter is favored over another- but you have been here longer. Soooooo.... Don't tell the others I said anything tho. shhhhhhhh.... - RSR

I wonder how long it maybe to buy the B748F at a fair price ??
                    cheers
                    john martin

Comment

Can I build I homecockpit with the NG3 like the 737Ngxu in p3d because I want to switch to MSFS

Comment

BTW in which category(Sim updates, World Updated, or SDK & Third-party updates) do I need to look for the fixes that PMDG waiting for?
                        Stancho Stanev

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy31 View Post
                          I have to say, after reading all the explanations, myself and I believe many others are absolutely alright with whatever the show-stopper is being removed until it can be fixed. At this point, most of us would love this bird and probably won't be able to tell a difference in our day-to-day flying.
                          if i understood correctly its not that there's some extra feature that pmdg wants to do that is unable at this point, but rather the fundamental aircraft is unusable, which is why they can't even beta test it yet.
                          Mike Teague - p3dv5.1 - B736 B737 B738 B739 B772 B77L B77W B744 B748

Comment

Thankyou Rob for the information and sharing with us the wonderful pics for the upcoming 737.
                            Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

So say the plane costs $XXX. Will I have to buy a $XXX -700, say use my ngxU coupon on the -800 and then pay $XXX for the -900. What if the plane is less than $99.95 will I get a coupon for the value of one and excess for another one?

will there will be a discount for the -800 and -900 if you own the -700 as otherwise this seems to be a far more expensive way than the current product stack especially given everyone will buy the -700 because it comes out first then get the -800 and then not use the -700 again. I would tend to argue most people want to fly the passenger version of the plane?

Blair W.

Comment

• RonE
                                RonE commented
                                Editing a comment
                                First the planes will be less than $99.95 for each set. My guess is that they will average about $49.95 with the 600 and 700 being a little less and the 800 and 900 being a little more. Rob said you will get the full value of the promotion if you qualify.
                                Second if you don't plan on flying the 700 after the 800 comes out the be patient and wait for the 800 as that is the next one they are planning to release. Maybe 2 months after the 700?

Ron Erickson

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the effort put in the cabin, during long flights I enjoy puting a passenger view while I eat and watch a series at the same time hahaha, I can't wait for this bird to come and stream with it!
                              Enrique Hugo
                              Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester
                              Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/hugothester?lang=es

Comment

• British Avgeek YT
                                British Avgeek YT commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It's Hugo! Each screenshot add to the excitement, right!

Luke Carter | youtube.com/britishavgeek

Hello PMDG,

Will it have a weather radar, please?

Thanks
                              Alaa Riad

Comment

• HenrikIsaksen
                                HenrikIsaksen commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I believe not on release, as Asobo has yet to open the API to developers. Fenix and FlyByWire are waiting for the same

Why do this?
                              So that people that want all variants as before, will not notice as easily that they are paying more than they did for the previous packages, obviously.
                              Karsten Sandleben

Comment

Hello Robert, as always thanks for keeping us updated! Can you say something about how is the progress going with Asobo for the issues mentioned in December? Its still in discussion? Or thing are moving forward? Thank you!
                                Felipe Turbay

Comment

• EasternT3
                                  EasternT3 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  There's an issue PMDG are still waiting on Asobo for, and that is stopping the 737 from going into testing and release

(There are a few oddballers such as fire-fighting airplanes, military derivatives, etc that we need to figure out how we would fit in... they won't likely be in the initial batches, but perhaps get added later as updates? we'll see...)
                                Oh.... Does that mean we may get the P-8A in a later update?

Interesting that the -700 is to be the first to leave the virtual production line. Any particular reason for this rather than the, I assumed, more popular -800?
                                Last edited by TrevorHannant; 17Jan2022, 12:10.
                                Trevor Hannant

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz
                                GPU: Nvidia GTX960
                                RAM: 32Gb

Comment

• EasternT3
                                  EasternT3 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  RSR - The 700 is a better foundational point than the 800 when it comes to all of the system logic and options packages that cover the fleets. To go from 800 to 700 we would have to work a bunch of tasks backward, or rework them, which is worse. That being said, if something in the 700 gets hung up and the 800 is completed first, it will release first. I don't really see much chance of that, however.

• TrevorHannant
                                  TrevorHannant commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Just seen it now...

Does the discount apply to every model series or only the first one we opt to buy? And is there a way to get this discount on the in-game marketplace, or say via a Steam coupon for example?

Also I was kinda hoping models would be bundled. 600 & 700 Series in one bundle and 800 & 900 Series in another. Since there is a lot of commonality between the 800 and 900 it's hard for me to justify paying full price for both series. I don't know, I guess we'll have to wait for the actual pricing.
                                Fahad Al Riyami
                                PMDG 737NGX, 737NGXu, 747 (+ -8), 777 (+ -300ER). MSFS-exclusive, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo.

Comment

• EasternT3
                                  EasternT3 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I wouldn't get het up about pricing until it's announced, I've seen a lot of posts saying it's a way for PMDG to make extra money, but until the pricing is announced and upgrades/discounts etc I wouldn't read into it and I can't see anything in the update saying you'd have to pay full

Originally posted by fahdriyami View Post
                                Does the discount apply to every model series or only the first one we opt to buy? And is there a way to get this discount on the in-game marketplace, or say via a Steam coupon for example?

Also I was kinda hoping models would be bundled. 600 & 700 Series in one bundle and 800 & 900 Series in another. Since there is a lot of commonality between the 800 and 900 it's hard for me to justify paying full price for both series. I don't know, I guess we'll have to wait for the actual pricing.
                                The discount will be only if you buy it from our store. There will be no discount option for Market Place or steam as simple is not possible foe these store to be aware if a user has bought it previously from our store and in the time frame the promo was active
                                Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Working...
                                X