Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[11JAN22] Happy New Year? Probably. Let's get started.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rsrandazzo Very happy Captain Randazzo has taken some time off his very busy schedule to wish us a happy 2022 and give us some details of what they are doing behind closed doors.

Once the B737ā€™s are out in the wild, I will be very much looking forward to their heavies!

Happy new year to you, Robert and to you all that are reading this!
    Andreu Escuain

i7-10900 @ 3.60 GHz - be quiet! Dark Rock 4 - HyperX Kingston 32GB RAM @ 3200 MHz DDR 4- 2TB m.2 SSD WD Blue - MSI GeForce GTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR

Comment

Captain Kevin thanks to the Ipad and EFB software those paper charts are gone, well Not completely we still have some copy around in the Flight deck! -)RO
      Rolando Olmo

Comment

• rsrandazzo
        rsrandazzo commented
        Editing a comment
        Rolando- We are currently working to get the paper charting requirement waived on the airplanes I fly. It will remove 80lbs of paper from the Falcon... It is insane we still have to carry that around even though we have a digital, fully clickable, fully searchable version on two ipads on the flight deck. The Paper charts on the DC-3 can get us violated if they are out of date, yet they haven't been pulled out and used in a decade since we all use foreflight with the exact same chart as it's background... Insanity. - RSR

Just curious, hows this things flight model gonna compare to something thats already in the sim? I'm currently an X-plane/DCS simmer because the feel of the aircraft in both those sims is miles better than anything in MSFS currently. I'm nervous about all the new shiny airplanes coming for this reason. If anyone can give me any information on this that would be much appreciated no worries if not.

Cheers and thanks for the update!
      Thomas Richardson

Comment

Awesome update! Starting to shape up and hype up! Anticipation anxiety is high!

Mark Guinto
        KSAN
        Mark Guinto
        KSAN KNKX šŸ›«

Comment

Originally posted by Thomasr8 View Post
          Just curious, hows this things flight model gonna compare to something thats already in the sim? I'm currently an X-plane/DCS simmer because the feel of the aircraft in both those sims is miles better than anything in MSFS currently. I'm nervous about all the new shiny airplanes coming for this reason. If anyone can give me any information on this that would be much appreciated no worries if not.

Cheers and thanks for the update!
          Thomas Richardson
          The DC-6 feels very different to most other planes in MSFS. Of course I haven't flown a real DC-6 but I haven't flown an A-10 either . The DCS flightmodel is absolutely amazing but MSFS can be done very well too. It depends on the effort of the developer of course. The real downside of MSFS is the controller twitchiness, we have to set ridiculous curves to the axes to make it usable and hence you don't have the flight characteristics of the plane but you set it to your liking. Worst design decision in all flightsims in my opinion but Asobo doesn't seem to understand it or plan to do anything about it. With all the potential and amazing visuals this alone makes the sim pointless. I love it anyway and try to ignore this flaw but THIS is seriously bad.
          Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
          Marc Ehnle

Comment

• Thomasr8
            Thomasr8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems like there are many things Asobo can improve. So much potential with this sim. Thanks for the reply Marc!

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

The DC-6 feels very different to most other planes in MSFS. Of course I haven't flown a real DC-6 but I haven't flown an A-10 either . The DCS flightmodel is absolutely amazing but MSFS can be done very well too. It depends on the effort of the developer of course. The real downside of MSFS is the controller twitchiness, we have to set ridiculous curves to the axes to make it usable and hence you don't have the flight characteristics of the plane but you set it to your liking. Worst design decision in all flightsims in my opinion but Asobo doesn't seem to understand it or plan to do anything about it. With all the potential and amazing visuals this alone makes the sim pointless. I love it anyway and try to ignore this flaw but THIS is seriously bad.
          Seriously. I'm trying to land the -6 the other night and I feel like I'm landing an F-100!
          Matthew Glanden

Comment

This lovely 737 will be an absolute day one purchase!
            But this time not in the Marketplace to be able to enjoy liveries.
            Have a good flight, Linden Shenandoah šŸ±

Comment

Hey! I am wondering where i can find the words of PMDG when they said that there is a problem with the asobo so we will remove the expected release date(Jan/Feb)? And is that problem still a problem? Thanks in advance!
              Stancho Stanev

Comment

• Saygin1
                Saygin1 commented
                Editing a comment
                EasternT3 do you think complaining here on your forum about msfs will improve asobo\pmdg relationship? he is crying about how unresponsive asobo on his own forum. he literally publicly calling asobo out.This kind of behavior will damage that relationship even more as he was quite while ceo was there and he is complaining here.

saygin saracoglu

• Stancho123
                Stancho123 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the replies guys! rsrandazzo I really hope to see this bird of beauty as soon as possible(hopefully at least in spring). I wish you all the best for the new year and fewer sim updates. I don't know how asobo doesn't realize that PMDG and FENIX are the only teams that will bring all the real simmers in the new sim!!!

• rsrandazzo
                rsrandazzo commented
                Editing a comment
                Saygin- I think you miss the larger point. (perhaps intentionally?) I sing Asobo's praises nearly constantly. I have for some time now. We work with a handful of folks there on a broad range of issues all week long. As I have said 5,000 times in this forum, they are a big company and they have a very broad range of things on their plate. PMDG is not the most important agenda item they face every morning when they wake up. We ask for help- and on many items we get it. On this particular item- they have been unable to provide it. Unfortunately- this one item hangs up the 737 and makes us unable to move the product into testing, which means that each day we move our ETA out another day. I think you have misconstrued candor with "Crying" or "calling Asobo out." The folks we work with at Asobo are probably as sick of me asking about this item as we are of asking. One day, they will have enough free bandwidth work this through and tell us they agree with our assessment of what it will take to fix it, or they will tell us we are wrong and point out where we can change the product to flow around the problem. Either way- we need that day and our entire development agenda on three product lines is in limbo while we wait- so I'm sorry if my frustration shows sometimes. It has been a looooong process to get this far. We have been working around the blocker for long enough that work is slowing to a stop because we need this item cleared in order to continue. Oh- and lest you think my comment here is not news to them, I remind them we are waiting at the start of practically every week- including this one. Like I said: They are probably more sick of me asking that I am... There is a lot less drama in the world than you perceive, Saygin.

Originally posted by Stancho123 View Post
              Hey! I am wondering where i can find the words of PMDG when they said that there is a problem with the asobo so we will remove the expected release date(Jan/Feb)? And is that problem still a problem? Thanks in advance!
              Here you go.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...-msfs-dc-6-737
              https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...r-drama-llamas
              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Captain Kevin sorry that i ask, but are the problem with asobo fixed now?

Best Regards Petter Storvik
                Petter Storvik

Comment

Can I buy it "as is"? I promise I will not complain :-)

Comment

Originally posted by petterws View Post
                    Captain Kevin sorry that i ask, but are the problem with asobo fixed now?
                    That I don't know, I don't see any indication in the announcement as to whether it has been or not.
                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

[QUOTE=rsrandazzo;n157360]Captains,

The astute will also note that I have my 737-700 configured as an early serial number that uses both the Honeywell mode control panel and the full analog suite of standby gauges. The Honeywell MCP is interesting in that it has very distinct knob shapes, to facilitate being able to make changes without looking at the knob, I suppose. The IAS/Mach knob in particular is an odd shape to grab with your fingers, which leads to some crude jokes and occasional profanity if you are in a rush to keep up with ATC's speed, heading and altitude change all in one go. You will also notice the amount of detail that has gone into the face of the MCP, especially the knobs and buttons. Even down to the odd paint application on the course and altitude knobs. Up close, these things look like they got painted during Honeywell's "bring your child to work day" as the finish is a bit odd and the identifying shapes embedded in the knob caps are actually painted with a brush, leading to normal human imperfections.

rsrandazzo You mentioned that you are showing us the 737-700 with Honeywell MCP. Can we please get the 737-800 and the with the more modern MCP?
                      Thomas Huang

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                        rsrandazzo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thomas- Wow. I'm not even sure how to answer such a demand, other than to simply ignore it. - RSR

HAPPY NEW YEAR P.M.D.G. and šŸ‘©ā€āœˆļø Captain Randazzo šŸ‘Øā€āœˆļø !!!!!!!

https://aerospace-weekly.com/2022/01...mistic-update/
                      David M. Edwards: Founder, C.E.O., and Editor-In-Chief---> Aerospace Weekly (A.W.) www.aerospaceweekly.com

Comment

Great to see an update on the progress of this machine! Just a question when it comes out will it come with all the expansion packs? Especially the one from the BBJ! I can't wait! Thank you and happy new year!
                        Guilhermme Pereira

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                          rsrandazzo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Guilhermme- We will have more information for you on the layout of the product line once we get it into testing. I think you will be happy with what we have in store. - RSR

• Guilhermme Pereria
                          Guilhermme Pereria commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I knew I couldn't ask that question! And now I can't sleep... lol! Waiting for these beauties.. tks..

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                        Stancho- It is hard to say at this juncture. We have one, major issue that is preventing us from making the kind of forward progress we should be making. Short of lighting myself on fire and running naked through Aosobo's office, I just don't know how else to get them to answer us in a manner that is helpful. The unfortunate thing is that if they find we are correct and the sim needs a fix, we will then be in holding until they actually engineer such a fix, and since they are basically ignoring us while steaming up to their stated bug fix with SU8... who knows how long we will wind up waiting. It is incredibly frustrating, demoralizing and has had a significant negative impact on our enthusiasm. - RSR
                        So, does this mean that without a fix there is no release, or does it mean that you can still release it, but it will just take longer?

P.S. I believe this is my first post!

Edit: I guess not. Looks like I have 26...
                        Last edited by Flyboy31; 16Jan2022, 05:06.
                        Nick L.

Comment

I think this topic needs a few hundreds of upvotes asap https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...rliners/489682
                          Igor Alekseyev
                          UWUU

Comment

Originally posted by PelicanEagle View Post
                            Captain Kevin thanks to the Ipad and EFB software those paper charts are gone, well Not completely we still have some copy around in the Flight deck! -)RO
                            Ironically, there was an iPad present on board with which I could have loaded charts, and I did for EWR's runway 29 approach. The problem is you can't exactly clip an iPad onto the yoke. I wound up having it sitting somewhere on top of some of the engine instrumentation when I did that approach into EWR.
                            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by radioair View Post
                              I think this topic needs a few hundreds of upvotes asap https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...rliners/489682
                              I created this voting thread. Appreciate everyone voting. Iā€™m going to stalk Asobo until they freaking answer us. Iā€™m so frustrated.
                              Jeff Soule

Comment

Part of this discussion swapped over to the AVSIM Forum. "IcemanFBW" also left a post... don't know what to say. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...11-jan/page/5/
                                (Page 5, last Post)
                                Marvin Rudolf

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                  rsrandazzo commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Marvin- That is cute. So in reality, he knows nothing about what I'm talking about, yet he is confident enough in his lack of knowledge to mis-attribute the blocker I referred to as being SDK related when in fact I mentioned specifically it was platform side... When you have as many wrinkles, grey hair and aching joints as I do- you have watched a fair number of people stride confidently into the plate-glass door of their own ineptitude. We have just watched one more. LOL - RSR

Thanks! Now get back to work ! and Take my money please.
                                Daniel Rosso ATP Single and Multi engine, Gold Seal CFII/MEI, Ground instructor Basic/advanced B757/767, BAE-ATP, Falcon 900Ex, Falcon 20, CE650, CE560XL, CE525S, G200

Comment

Working...
                                X