Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[08DEC21] A quick round of updates on various topics across PMDG: P3D/MSFS/DC-6/737...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[08DEC21] A quick round of updates on various topics across PMDG: P3D/MSFS/DC-6/737...

Captains,

Tonight's update is going to be a bit more wide ranging than the last few. I have been keeping MSFS topics and non-MSFS topics separated during the past couple of update cycles primarily because most of our activity is focused on the MSFS side of the house. Some of the information I have for you today on non-MSFS topics will be new, but some of it is repetitive and is brought in here simply to "re-state latest" on the slow moving agenda items:

In no particular order of importance, here are the bits of information:

PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies getting LNAV and Flight Director Updates to Testing:
    This has been a slow process of late, because MSFS development is necessarily consuming development resources like a wildfire in a stiff wind. Dr. Vaos has been time sharing between the 747 and 737 development process and if there is one thing that slows a developer down it is having to constantly shift between topics while working with complexities. The last update we handed our betas was a few months back, and after collecting feedback, consulting with our technical experts and implementing changes, we have also been working to update the flight director logic as it is responsible for guiding the airplane along the path defined, so this needed sprucing up as well.

We had originally envisioned pushing this update to 747 out prior to moving Dr. Vaos to the 737 full time, but a combination of factors upset this plan so he gets the unbridled joy of splitting his time and serving two projects at once. We have increased the nicotine dose on his favorite brand of gum to keep him going. The current plan is still to push this update out to 747 users on P3D, but the timeline for that update is not yet clear. If the build we give to the betas works perfectly- you'll have it pretty much right away.

Reminder: We are no longer maintaining or updating 32bit platforms, so the 747 update will be only for P3D v4 and P3D v5 users.

Updates for 777, 737, DC-6, J-41 on P3D Platform:
    Given that the vast majority of our development resources are currently focused on the 737 in MSFS, we are not currently at work on any updates in this category. We have a number of items planned and on the agenda such as LNAV, Navdata and Flight Director updates for the 777 and 737, a platforming update for J-41 and DC-6 and some harmonization between P3D DC-6 functionality and MSFS DC-6 but we are not actively moving on any of those items and due to the workload currently being experienced by the team there is no new information or timeline to give you.

Future P3D Development Thoughts:
    Some folks have expressed concern that we might never return to development in the P3D environment. I think such a decision would be premature at this point and hasn't really been discussed internally. There is also the "wildcard" factor that the MSFS development environment for C++ based development doesn't really exist- so a good portion of our testing still takes place in P3D and any *new* feature development is absolutely taking place in P3D... So while we might not be talking much about P3D, this is the foundation of the process still.

NAVDATA Source Update:
    We have been talking or some time about moving all of our airliners away from a legacy data format that has been in use in all PMDG products since 2002, moving instead to a modern format deployed by Navigraph a few years ago now. That work has been done in a branch of the P3D 737NGXu and the plan was to move this capability tot he 747 in concert with the LNAV update. That plan has changed and the NAVDATA source improvements will be moved to the PMDG 737 for MSFS initially and tested in that product line in order to keep our development team as centralized on the 737 as possible for the near term. Once implemented we do intend to roll it out across all MSFS and P3D product lines. This change will bring in improved use of navigation capabilities that largely didn't exist when we first built our structure twenty years ago and we are looking forward to that. For 99% of users the change will be practically invisible.

PMDG DC-6 for MSFS:
    We have a couple of small items that we are going to roll out to users in an update for the DC-6, but we want to wait until Microsoft has gotten the Xbox version un-stuck before we do so- as an update might potentially obscure problems that aren't anticipated with the XBox fix. (That sentence is a mess... I have re-written it four times and **I** know what i mean...)

We have now rolled out our beloved DC-6 to MS Marketplace and thus far we are mostly happy with how that transition has gone. We are struggling with some commonality issues with the PMDG Operations Center that we had hoped to have resolved last week, but now it is looking more like next week? (that is a big question mark.) Normally we like to have these things worked out for users ahead of time- but the Marketplace is a closed environment that doesn't give us an opportunity to test the user experience and adequately prepare for it ahead of time. Given the encapsulated nature of how MSFS installs content- we had to wait until the DC-6 was live in Marketplace before being able to test Operations Center's ability to install liveries for Marketplace users- and we found that some of the assumptions we made were incorrect and required a re-factor that is taking some time. Fortunately, Marketplace users have some liveries preinstalled and the wait won't be too much longer.

PMDG DC-6 for Xbox Rollout Issues:
    We are still waiting on further updates from Microsoft or Asobo on this topic. Last update we had gave some very high level information that leads us to conclude that there is a conflict between MSFS and the Xbox itself that appeared for the first time with the DC-6 release. I am being very careful not to offer any conjecture here because I think it is important not to share information that may be incorrect or incomplete. Once we have specifics that we are specifically cleared to share with you, we will- including whatever information we can obtain on the timeline for the fix that will unblock Xbox users from enjoying our DC-6 masterpiece!

PMDG Global Flight Operations:
    Global Flight Operations has also been victimized by the amount of developer resources the 737 has been taking up- and that has slowed down our progress along the roadmap to Early Access for this new product. In spite of this we have managed to add in some interesting new features that I am not quite ready to share- and we are also working on a few others that will really make the product pop for users in the way we want. As always- I am using a lot of words to say something without saying anything- but suffice to say that we are looking forward to opening up the Global Flight Operations environment to users.

Pulling PMDG 737 for MSFS Release Timeline:
    This is a complicated topic that some folks will understand, and others will not.

We have been planning for some time to release the long awaited PMDG 737 for MSFS prior to year end. We have made the difficult decision to remove the 737 release timeline from discussion temporarily.

Tl;Dr: There are some changes and fixes needed on the MSFS platform that without, we cannot release the 737. We do not currently know when to expect those changes/fixes so we aren't comfortable putting a mark on the calendar until we have that information in our hands.

That is an oddly shaped turn of phrase- and I want to explain a bit further what we are trying to convey: We are not just announcing a delay, or that we are moving the release timeline 30 days or 60 days or 120 days or 365. We are not saying the 737 won't release in January, February, or any other month in 2022. What we **are** saying is that we are putting a temporary hold on giving you any expectation as to when the release might happen because the release is going to be dependent upon some changes that we have requested from Asobo and we do not currently have any clarity as to when we might expect those changes to be made, if at all.

If the changes will not be made, then we will be faced with removing some core functionality that we feel is important to the full enjoyment of the 737, no matter what platform you sim on. For that reason, we are hoping that our requests will be acted upon and we want to give the requests time to be digested, researched and understood by Asobo. Even if the changes we request are acted upon today- we will need to wait for them to wend their way through the testing and release process for MSFS, and such action and a timeline is unclear and thus we want to clarify that information before we simply move the 737 to a new date and hope things work out for the best.

Additionally, we have hit a few key areas of the 737 that we did not anticipate would give us this much trouble because the code for the 737 is very mature, well vetted and thoroughly tested. Unfortunately, the lack of adequate debugging tools, combined with a series of problems that were introduced to the developer tools with the release of SU7 caused extensive build-times and CTDs when working in the developer environment and this brought all 737 development to a stop for a few weeks unexpectedly.

Asobo has provided us with access to some changes based upon the problems we were reporting and these changes have helped to eliminate some of the issues that appeared with SU7 and we are slowly ramping back up to our previously glacial speed. I must be honest though and say that we are very concerned about continued disruptions to forward progress because of problems introduced by updates in this manner. The worst that might happen is that all development stops while we wait for the next update cycle to roll around so that we can get a fix for a breaking change- and that truly is a worst-case-scenario that I didn't worry about until this last update cycle.

Once we have a bit more clarity on the things we have requested- we will be able to give you updated guidance on when we think the release will happen. I shall keep you posted as this unfolds.

PMDG 737 for MSFS:
    In spite of the release timeline woes, the 737 development continues slowly along it's agenda. There are still some risk technology areas that we are feeling our way through and a few key components that are finally being connected and tested, such as panel back-lighting, flood and wash lighting, etc. Work on the EFB has begun in earnest and we are in the process of finally evaluating functionality areas that might need adaptation to live within the highly restrictive confines of the MSFS environment. The airport map display in the EFB, for example- is driven by technology that MSFS has specifically locked us out of, so we are evaluating how we might retain that functionality while living within the restrictions.

These sorts of things are part treasure hunt, part innovation, part sheer willpower exercise- but we will get through them.

At risk of sounding all doom and gloom- there are some fantastic areas of progress! The flight model is being dialed in, as are cockpit and model animations. We are adapting our aero and engine models to the new environment (literally!) and in-house testing of the airplane is taking place throughout the day and night.

Visually it is coming along magnificently, with Vin deep into the detail work and cleanup now- bringing an entirely new look to the cockpit using lighting and detail that heretofore we have only dreamed about.

PMDG_MSFS_737NG_05_001.jpg

In this image, you can see that the reflection of the MCP LEDs on the panel diffuse lighting cover, for example, and the ambient reflected lighting from other surfaces in the cockpit makes for very interesting and convincing lighting play on the top left corner of the MCP. You are in for a real treat when we do finally deliver this magnificent simulation to you- and we cannot wait for that day to arrive.

Meanwhile- I have a gaggle of other images that I want to sort through before letting you see them. A friend of mine is going to help out in showing them to you- and that will make it a bit of fun.

More on that at around 1700Z today... I'll give you a recap when I get back to the office.
    Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Very sad.!
    Tomas Zima Prague

Comment

„Quick“… Robert….

Edit:

now after reading: wow. I mean I know that they have kept breaking the sim constantly, but I have always loved it for the great *feel* you have when you fly well developed addons. Speaking about the Justflight aircraft (this dev has improved so much in MSFS), some mods for default aircraft together with the new G1000NXi which has been done so beautifully, the PMS50 GPS mods and, of course, my highly adored DC-6, in my opinion the most immersive aircraft PMDG have ever done, thanks to a beautiful sim platform. This sim has a huge potential but the careless work by its devs ruins it.

I‘m currently having a break from trying to get my brain into a CNC program that has been created the same way, fast, sloppily, carelessly. I could have been done yesterday but having to resolve unnecessary mistakes that have been made with the feet on the printer delays everything. Tedious.

No update is bug-free, you always have to fix something. But this amount of „give-a-f“ at MSFS is frustrating, not even annoying anymore.

BUUUUUTTTTT: Looking forward to the Jetstream
      Last edited by Ephedrin; 08Dec2021, 09:16.
      Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
      Marc Ehnle
      GFO Beta

Comment

Thank you. Especially the topic about future P3d development.

Tyrone Headlam
        Last edited by Benzhangar; 08Dec2021, 15:23.

Comment

Folks-

We have many new users, so a quick reminder that we ask all posters here at PMDG to sign their posts. You can find our forum guidelines at the top of the forum and we appreciate that you keep them in mind when participating here. (and welcome, btw!)

Robert S. Randazzo
          PMDG Simulations
          http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Robert,
            Thanks for the update. A bit disappointing but interesting to read regardless. Hopefully Asobo will start to understand that these updates are breaking way too much and slowing everyone down. With that said, continue to take your time. We don’t want a rushed product with limited core functionality that we’ve come to love about PMDG. We want the same experience or more. So do what you have to or at least that’s my opinion.
            Chase Stigberg - KRIC
            Intel i9 9900k OC 5GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - 7 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU

Comment

Thanks for the update boss
              Alex Kulak
              PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear you're having such problems developing complex addons for MSFS.

On the positive side, it made me feel better about my decision to buy more PMDG P3D products from your holiday sale. So good in fact, that I bought some more. Both to support you and to enjoy a new PMDG aircraft (the 737).
                --
                Mats Kronberg
                P3D 7[347]7

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                  rsrandazzo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mats- That is kind of you. Enjoy! :-) - RSR

Thanks for the update, I'm no overly surprised, I guess this is a first for PMDG in terms of developing an aircraft for a constantly changing/updating sim? Anyway I'm sure we'll have the 737 at soonish and hopefully development gets easier go forward
                Joe Colehouse EGCC

Comment

• Ephedrin
                  Ephedrin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually P3D is changing too and when it was relatively new developers talked about shooting at a moving target… Imagine how a moving target must be that breaks without even hitting it!

• EasternT3
                  EasternT3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Interesting about P3D, something I can't quite remember (at the start) especially to the extent of MSFS. A positive though (hopefully) is when Asobo make the changes, then they'll be there for future developers, so the 777/747 (757) shouldn't hit these issues

I’ve been loosely following MSFS. What a mess. I’m sure glad I didn’t get onboard that train.
                Jeannette Benoit

Comment

I'm sure Asobo will help with your requests since, I'm sure, they know there is a big demographic in the community which the lack of a complex aircraft such us the 737NG3 is what keeps them from making MSFS their "daily drive".
                  Panos Korobos

Comment

I'm the 1% user who will noticed the NAVDATA change, so my question is will the new NAVDATA still easily editable like current one (or the one like "the other 737" or a whole Chunky database file hard to edit like some A320's ?
                    ZHU Hai
                    B737 Ground instructor

Comment

Thanks for keeping us in the loop
                      Daniel Glover

Comment

This is becoming a very similar pattern for all MSFS airliner releases... One day things will be easier, right?! 😅 Judging by what we've had so far though, it will be more than worth the wait and perseverance! Thanks for the update, Robert!
                        Rob Crawshaw
                        📺 Flight Sim Content Creator | youtube.com/bobbyfuzzy

Comment

Thanks for the update. I do understand the pause on P3DV5 development. However, would it be possible to supply existing DC-6 users with a new installer so we could move the DC-6 into V5 in an as is state?

Thanks for you work,

Greg
                          Greg Morin
                          Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Comment

• Lanica
                            Lanica commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Many dittos to this

• rsrandazzo
                            rsrandazzo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Greg- The P3D v5 udpate for DC-6 is far more than an installer. It is PBR to the flight deck and model- it is quite a bit of work. - RSR

all i really want to know is when a pmdg product will be able to fly a true RF leg
                          Mike Teague - p3dv5.1 - B736 B737 B738 B739 B772 B77L B77W B744 B748

Comment

Well, if the MSFS 737 has to stop for any reason, getting the JS41 out of the queue would be welcome... 😋

Seriously though, I'm sure you're not alone in your frustrations, following the Twin Otter topic over at Aerosoft I sense there's been much hair pulling going on at the "fixes" and "improvements" that have been rolling out to the platform there also. Despite having the DC-6, the AS CRJ, the FBW A320 and the Headwind A339, I just can't get myself into flying on there at the moment and still default back to P3D for almost all of my "tin tube" flying.

Hopefully someone from MS will allow them to work on what needs to be worked on rather than what the money makers think should be worked on soon...
                            Trevor Hannant

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz
                            GPU: Nvidia GTX960
                            RAM: 32Gb

Comment

What a mix of emotions. Excitement, disappointment (at Asobo), fear, that future updates will break existing aircraft for days or weeks (like the constant issues with the CRJ)... Hoping it all comes together and we can start flying the 737 in MSFS.
                              Sincerely,

Wojtek Pietrusiewicz

Comment

Many thanks Rob for the honest and open update that you've given us.

Sad news on the 737 delay, but fully understand the justification for it and the root cause is definitely not at your end of the works. As someone suggested on these forums a while ago about another issue, would it not be worth raising a post on the MSFS forums about this particular issue?. That way we could all contribute, in the form of a vote on the thread to hopefully bring this to Asobos attention sooner rather than later and show how much support PMDG has from it's user base (us!) to try and get this issue resolved?
                                Last edited by Bart; 08Dec2021, 11:16.
                                Pete Simpson
                                EGTC

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                  rsrandazzo commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Pete- No reason. I think it is best to leave that method of elevating problems to the benefit of those who do not have a back-channel communication link with Asobo such as the one we enjoy. - RSR

Good to see the J41 for P3D is still in the plan. It would be a great to see it in MSFS too. Is that a possibility?

Comment

• EasternT3
                                  EasternT3 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  In the interview that Robert did the other week, he mentioned the 41 will probably come (can't remember the exact wording) for MSFS at some point

• Ephedrin
                                  Ephedrin commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  It would be absolutely perfect. There could even be a GTN or GNS in it, no problem today. And with these beautiful landscapes and regional airports in MSFS it would be a blast.

• Kevin Hall
                                  Kevin Hall commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Thanks Joe, good to know. Fingers crossed that probably becomes reality eventually.

Really happy to see that you're still developing for P3d
                                Jannik Stein

Comment

• Wise87
                                  Wise87 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Too bad it's on the back burner to MSFS2020 which is eating up all their time which means P3D users have to wait like the 2020 users.
                                  Last edited by Wise87; 08Dec2021, 14:51.

Unfortunate that the 737 development hits a roadblock like this, hope Asobo listens to 3rd party developers and adds what is missing.
                                here is to hoping things work out and we'll soar through the skies early 2022 with the 737
                                Tufan | The Netherlands

Intel 10700k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 3080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM @4000MHz
                                3840x2160 4K OLED C2

Comment

Wait wait wait a second!!!!!

Has no one noticed this weird sentence and please Robert Randazzo, can you confirm I am correct or not in this sentence you place in???

"If the changes will not be made, then we will be faced with removing some core functionality that we feel is important to the full enjoyment of the 737, no matter what platform you sim on."

Sorry, from what Ive read in this sentence and the sentences surrounding it, pMDG are stating that unless Asobo give them what they want for the Microsoft Simulator, then PMDG will remove some core functionality for the 737 in ALL SIMS? Really?? MSFS effects P3D in a product I already purchased?

Robert, tell me please this is incorrect.
                                  Last edited by [email protected]; 08Dec2021, 11:47.
                                  Adam J Pestridge

Comment

• EasternT3
                                    EasternT3 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    It's how I read it too, hopefully the functionality for MSFS would be added back in when possible (if not from the start), and also what the functionality actual is

• TomJay
                                    TomJay commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Doesn't makes sense. Why should PMDG downgrade the P3D functionality just because some features are not possible within the MSFS structure. I guess you understand this sentence wrong.
                                    However the question might be, if PMDG will ever release the 737 in MSFS, if they can't reach their self set quality standards there.

• rsrandazzo
                                    rsrandazzo commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Adam- No. That isn't what that means. That would be sorta dumb on our part, wouldn't it? - RSR

Good reading, but what about the 737 MAX?
                                  TP Elven
                                  Norway

Comment

Robert,

Thank you for the update.

Reading between the lines of your update: MSFS is consuming the vast majority of programming resources and Asobo is perpetually interrupting and setting back your efforts, which we are all sorry to hear. But . . . it sounds like if PMDG put MSFS development temporarily on the back burner, PMDG might be in a position to: (1) complete the LNAV, flight director, and nav data updates and push those out to the various existing P3D planes; (2) get GFO out to a much broader user base or even go live; and maybe (3) get some modeling/cockpit updates for 777 done, and a few other lingering updates, etc. Moreover, based on what you've said about the development process (i.e., that PMDG is still using its P3D process and porting over to MSFS) all of the above P3D-side work would benefit existing customers AND benefit the MSFS products whenever Asobo and PMDG are on the same page.

Obviously, these observations are all based on what you've said and I know PMDG needs a return on all of the MSFS development time, but I know that your existing P3D customers will probably be the first in the virtual line to buy your MSFS products -- so it couldn't hurt to keep promised updates coming for the products they already own, especially since the MSFS timelines are now withdrawn.

Dan

P.S. -- Good luck too! We all hope it comes together.
                                    Last edited by Iadbound; 08Dec2021, 11:37.
                                    Dan Jaffe

Comment

• StachM
                                      StachM commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Excellent statement, Dan. I agree wholeheartedly.

• Iadbound
                                      Iadbound commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Thanks for the kind words. Dan

• rsrandazzo
                                      rsrandazzo commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Dan- I think you might be trying to hard to read your own wish into what I said. :-) Nowhere have I indicated that we have stopped development for MSFS. I have said that we have deleted the expected release timeline because we need input and data from Asobo. That is very different than what you suggested above. - RSR

This is extremely frustrating for me. I completely understand that none of the issues are the fault of PMDG, and I don’t blame them for any of the delays they’ve had to deal with. I want to blame Asobo, which in regards to certain issues is well placed, but in other regards they’ve done a fantastic job developing this new platform.

It’s just really hard to see the possible release of the 737 go from “Sometime in December” to “Probably January” then to “Who the hell knows”. As I said, I don’t blame PMDG, and I can only partially blame Asobo for this unfortunate situation.
                                    Last edited by ManyPandas; 08Dec2021, 14:27.
                                    Elijah Meadows

Comment

• CONeal81
                                      CONeal81 commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I echo your frustrations. What I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around is that it seemed very clear that the core functionality that is lacking was not going to be added prior to a speculated December or January release time frame. If it was not an issue then why is it now? If it is something like wind data keeping VNAV from working properly then I understand. If it's weather and terrain radar could that not be added after release when Asobo implements an API for it? I was very much looking forward to soon flying the 737 again so my questions just come from that frustration.

Christopher O'Neal

• rsrandazzo
                                      rsrandazzo commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Elijah- I don't think anyone should be looking to blame anyone. There really isn't a reason for it. This is a natural progression that we need to sort out for the first time- and once it is sorted, we will be able to adequately update our timeline. - RSR

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                    Wait wait wait a second!!!!!

Has no one noticed this weird sentence and please Robert Randazzo, can you confirm I am correct or not in this sentence you place in???

"If the changes will not be made, then we will be faced with removing some core functionality that we feel is important to the full enjoyment of the 737, no matter what platform you sim on."

Sorry, from what Ive read in this sentence and the sentences surrounding it, pMDG are stating that unless Asobo give them what they want for the Microsoft Simulator, then PMDG will remove some core functionality for the 737 in ALL SIMS? Really?? MSFS effects P3D in a product I already purchased?

Robert, tell me please this is incorrect.
                                    You do realize that MSFS can be run on both computer and Xbox, right? I assume this is what was meant by that statement.
                                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by gregmorin View Post
                                      Thanks for the update. I do understand the pause on P3DV5 development. However, would it be possible to supply existing DC-6 users with a new installer so we could move the DC-6 into V5 in an as is state?

Thanks for you work,

Greg
                                      I wholeheartedly agree with this one. I completely understand that MSFS is the latest and greatest, and requires significant resources to get the 737/DC-6 implemented and working, but how about supporting those of us that already gave PMDG our money for a product that we can no longer use due to not having proper installers? If 737 development has been drastically slowed while waiting on Asobo, would this not temporarily free up some resources to create new installers? The vast majority of the flight sim community seems to be so focused on MSFS, some more unscrupulously than others, that us long time supporters and customers of established brands like PMDG are feeling a bit put out. This is a disturbing trend that only seems to be growing. FSL had an admittedly rough start with their A320 fiasco but they seem to be setting the standard for product support when they release an update to their product line for P3D V5.3 in under 48 hours. I feel like a broken record saying this as often as I have been but I will not be supporting any company that wont maintain their current product line in a usable format.
                                      Matt Bernard KTPA

Comment

• Richard Portier
                                        Richard Portier commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I agree 200% !
                                        Richard Portier.

• rsrandazzo
                                        rsrandazzo commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Matt- Wait a minute. Artificially locking you out of a product because of a platform update is the key to setting a support standard? That actually made me laugh out loud. I think us intentionally NOT locking you out of a product is a better strategy- but hey- if throwing barriers at your feet will make you like our support team more- I'm happy to oblige. :-) - RSR

I have to say that my early enthusiasm for MSFS has pretty much sunk to a dull disappointment. The high expectations - real flights from FlightAware! - the outdated Bing maps, the whole ‘immersion’ that was the big selling point (bogus airlines, anyone?), plus the far, far too frequent CTDs and the updates that always manage to break something and set back third-party development have soured me on the whole thing. The PMDG 737 was (and is) the one thing I was really looking forward to with this platform, and it seems the Asobo keeps throwing monkey wrenches into that project and others.
                                      I check it out now and then, but mostly I am back to using P3D.

Wright Truesdell
                                      Last edited by Wright Truesdell; 08Dec2021, 13:09.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                        rsrandazzo commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Wright- I'm not sure how you got from our announcement to where you are. Might be worth taking a step back and evaluating what I said... Work continues and from a development standpoint we are still pushing the product along. We just need input from asobo in order to map out a certain release timeline- and when we have that we will do so. A mark on a calendar shouldn't be all that concerning to you. - RSR

Best of luck Rob and the rest of the team! One thing I’ve found frustrating it that something’s that work well all of a sudden stop working after a new SU. I’m sure the delay will work out for the best. You always make your airplanes well worth the wait!
                                      Luis Linares
                                      i9-6700K, GTX 2080Ti, 64GB DDR4

Comment

Working...
                                      X