Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

737 MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

737 MAX

Hi

Forgive me if this has been discussed already but Robert’s openness in the interview he did got me curious.

Are PMDG able to share if/how the real world events with the 737 MAX impacted the release for the sim (if there is one being developed) just curious how you’d deal with having to pause a product as both developers and a business.

Mark Flynn

Originally posted by Mark1102 View Post
    Hi

Forgive me if this has been discussed already but Robert’s openness in the interview he did got me curious.

Are PMDG able to share if/how the real world events with the 737 MAX impacted the release for the sim (if there is one being developed) just curious how you’d deal with having to pause a product as both developers and a business.

Mark Flynn
    Lol perhaps a loaded question. I fail to see how the 737 MAX story line has anything to do with NG3 development for MSFS, it would have never been a part of the base package in the first place (as far as I know).

The answer even if it were an impact is one simply manages. A good manager always has the flexibility to adjust to external events, it's management 101. I learned in the military that we plan plan plan for war and then when it happens we improvise like heck.
    Dan Downs KCRP
    i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 2080Ti

Comment

• Michael Codd
      Michael Codd commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate this isn’t the place to enter into any sort of 737 Max or political discussion, but If everyone planned for peace instead of war we would all be in a much better place.

Originally posted by DDowns View Post

Lol perhaps a loaded question. I fail to see how the 737 MAX story line has anything to do with NG3 development for MSFS, it would have never been a part of the base package in the first place (as far as I know).

The answer even if it were an impact is one simply manages. A good manager always has the flexibility to adjust to external events, it's management 101. I learned in the military that we plan plan plan for war and then when it happens we improvise like heck.
    Appreciate the reply. It was more wondering if there is a 737 MAX ready to go for P3D but PMDG aren’t able to release it or weren’t able to finish development in the first place

Mark Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Mark1102 View Post

Appreciate the reply. It was more wondering if there is a 737 MAX ready to go for P3D but PMDG aren’t able to release it or weren’t able to finish development in the first place

Mark Flynn
      Rob has stated things in the far past, back in 2019. I dont think its a matter of the politics and events in the real world anymore. All of the world flies them except for some countries which are close to certifying them again (mainly china). SE Asia is flying them (Singapore), India is back, Europe is full of them and all of the WESTERN hemisphere are flying them like crazy for easily over a year now. I work on them all the time hear great things about them, fly on them, I dont worry.

So imo I think its the development line at this point and where it lands in it.. right now PMDG is working hard on multiple projects trying to get the products in MSFS, LNAV out, and others.

I'm really hoping the MAX comes out, soon after the NG3 comes out.

*disclaimer*
      I do not speak for PMDG and everything above is my opinion and can differ drastically from the actual reasoning when the info is released.
      Alex Kulak
      PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

I suppose (!) too that if it was ready for release it would have been released already. Our last information is that PMDG work on the NG3 for MSFS, nobody knows how they‘ll sell it with regards to expansions, seperate addons etc. The MAX has been teased, not sure atm if it has been confirmed. But if they bring it to the sims I‘m almost sure that Boeing won‘t be uncomfortable with it anymore. But 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lawyers have a better paycheck than me for a reason ^^
        Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
        Marc Ehnle

Comment

A 737 MAX has been confirmed and the release is in fact a political one as they're waiting for Boeing's approval, at least at the time this was posted. Maybe PMDG should post this in the forum as a sticky considering people keep asking about it and not many that reply seem to remember or have seen this post either.

It does. The issue of Max is a highly political one, and we want to be certain that the rollout of our Max simulation is met with appropriate agreement from Boeing.

Putting a MAX into the simming world right now will invariably attract attention to the simming community that might make boeing uncomfortable- and if that were to happen it could have terrible negative consequences for future boeing based products.

This is why we are sitting on our hands with respect to releasing MAX. We think it is the appropriate, tasteful thing to do right now.
          https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...them#post27321
          Niklas Graefe
          Prepar3D v5.2 | 737/777 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair 32 GB | RTX 3090 24 GB | W10 | HP Reverb G2

Comment

Originally posted by threegreen View Post
            A 737 MAX has been confirmed and the release is in fact a political one as they're waiting for Boeing's approval, at least at the time this was posted. Maybe PMDG should post this in the forum as a sticky considering people keep asking about it and not many that reply seem to remember or have seen this post either.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...them#post27321
            Thanks for link to that comment, interesting to read. Seems as though a MAX was ready for P3D but wasn't released

Mark Flynn

Comment

Well it is clear, many of us are eagerly waiting for the MAX in P3D. Hopefully soon.
            Paul Gugliotta

Comment

I'd rather have a full functional U13.0 (or better 14?) FMC on MAX at it's release, and better it goes back to NGXu and NG3.
              If MAX came out now with still a partial U10.8A FMC, that would be a big boooo for me like the 24K eng for BBJ 🤨.
              ZHU Hai
              B737 Ground instructor

Comment

Just give it a rest it’s not going to happen any time soon as the NG3 and others have priority and RSR has not even mentioned anything about it so what is the point of dwelling over it.I have lost count of how many of us keep on asking over and over over some news.Give it a rest when pmdg is ready they will give us some news.
                Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

Originally posted by Ausflight View Post
                  Just give it a rest it’s not going to happen any time soon as the NG3 and others have priority and RSR has not even mentioned anything about it so what is the point of dwelling over it.I have lost count of how many of us keep on asking over and over over some news.Give it a rest when pmdg is ready they will give us some news.
                  Not sure what the need is for this sort of attitude. Quite frankly it’s just rude, you don’t have to read the thread or reply. No one is dwelling over anything it’s a discussion which is what forums are for.

Comment

• Ausflight
                    Ausflight commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Obviously you haven’t been here long enough and have no idea about forum discussions otherwise you wouldn’t have opened this kind of thread in the first place.

Well, a MAX for P3D is coming, it’s not for me, as it will only be for P3D5 and far away from what I got accustomed with PMDG products but from a sales point of view maybe it’s a good idea to release it sooner than later. I own both P3D5 and MSFS but I stick with P3D 4.5 in which I spent so many time, money and effort.
                  I’m patiently waiting some news on this topic, for me would be a day one purchase.
                  Now that the political reasons seems far away in time, maybe they are waiting to release the LNAV update for the whole product family before releasing new P3D aircraft?
                  Joan Alonso

Comment

Just a guess Perhaps, could be a fact NG3 is the 737 family from NG to the Max! and just wait we may see it on MSFS future release! RO
                    Rolando Olmo

Comment

Originally posted by PelicanEagle View Post
                      Just a guess Perhaps, could be a fact NG3 is the 737 family from NG to the Max! and just wait we may see it on MSFS future release! RO
                      Its the 3rd generation of the NG,

Fsx -> NGX
                      P3d -> NGXu
                      msfs -> NG3

Thats my take
                      Alex Kulak
                      PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Originally posted by Joan Alonso View Post
                      Well, a MAX for P3D is coming, it’s not for me, as it will only be for P3D5 and far away from what I got accustomed with PMDG products but from a sales point of view maybe it’s a good idea to release it sooner than later. I own both P3D5 and MSFS but I stick with P3D 4.5 in which I spent so many time, money and effort.
                      I’m patiently waiting some news on this topic, for me would be a day one purchase.
                      Where did they say it would only be for P3D V5 and not V4.
                      Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                        Where did they say it would only be for P3D V5 and not V4.
                        I mean the other 737 for P3D that was released recently, it’s only for P3D5.

If ever we have a MAX from PMDG I hope it to be for both P3D4-5 platforms.
                        Joan Alonso

Comment

If ever we have a MAX from PMDG I hope it to be for both P3D4-5 platforms.
                          Wrong.... the NGXu for P3D is for either v4 or v5.
                          Dan Downs KCRP
                          i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 2080Ti

Comment

Again, where did they say that. The latest update made it compatible for P3D V5, but it was already compatible with P3D V4.
                            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Sorry guys, I didn’t explain properly, I don’t want to make any kind of advertising for other developers. I mean the other company that released a new 737 recently (last week) only for P3D5 and announced the MAX to be released soon.
                              Joan Alonso

Comment

Sorry guys, I didn’t explain properly, I don’t want to make any kind of advertising for other developers. I mean the other company that released a new 737 recently (last week) only for P3D5 and announced the MAX to be released soon.
                                Okay, NOW that we got that cleared up, what does that have to do with PMDG.
                                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                                  Okay, NOW that we got that cleared up, what does that have to do with PMDG.
                                  That now that there will be another MAX (I believe also licensed) I’m not sure if the political reasons apply anymore, so I wonder if there’s something like the LNAV update for P3D (besides MSFS development) that could be the reason for delaying the PMDG MAX release.

EDIT: I checked and it’s not licensed or endorsed.
                                  Last edited by Joan Alonso; 30Nov2021, 22:37.
                                  Joan Alonso

Comment

I guess/hope we'll find out what the situation here is when more information about the NG3 is released, as in what's included in the base package, what the expansions are if any and if a MAX will be part of it and if yes, what the status of the P3D version is.
                                    Niklas Graefe
                                    Prepar3D v5.2 | 737/777 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair 32 GB | RTX 3090 24 GB | W10 | HP Reverb G2

Comment

Well she is back in China now, AD was issued 6 hours ago
                                      https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china...093659513.html
                                      Alex Kulak
                                      PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Originally posted by Swaluver88 View Post
                                        Well she is back in China now, AD was issued 6 hours ago
                                        https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china...093659513.html
                                        As this AD goes, airline still would need individual approve for it's program like aircraft modification and training program etc....
                                        still some time before actual revenue flight
                                        ZHU Hai
                                        B737 Ground instructor

Comment

What!!!? There is another company making the 737! Who - I'll give it a test run.
                                          Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Originally posted by AngelofAttack View Post

As this AD goes, airline still would need individual approve for it's program like aircraft modification and training program etc....
                                            still some time before actual revenue flight
                                            Thats not the point. Now their is only 2 countries who are left. Russia and Indonesia. I do not see this being a boeing approval thing or political thing like stated in 2019. I really do not.

Anyways I think we will see the MAX in our sims down the road within a year or two, let's see if it comes true
                                            Alex Kulak
                                            PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Working...
                                            X