Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[24NOV21] PMDG DC-6 Released via Marketplace, Special Pricing and some notes for Marketplace PC & XBox Users

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [24NOV21] PMDG DC-6 Released via Marketplace, Special Pricing and some notes for Marketplace PC & XBox Users

    Captains,

    Earlier today we at last released our PMDG DC-6 for MSFS product via the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace for both PC and XBox users.

    This is a bold new step in the product development history of PMDG because it represents the first time one of our products has appeared on a console, which has traditionally been the purview of entertainment gaming, while entertainment simming was restricted to PC users. With the increased interest in simming being expressed by console gamers, our DC-6 represents the first true aircraft study-sim to premier on the console side of the new platform and we are very excited to be leading the console world's introduction to serious simulation.

    One of the things that fascinates me personally about Microsoft Flight Simulator is the commonality that allows products to be developed for use on PC and on Xbox from a single code source. This is an ambitious goal under any circumstances and as far as I can tell, represents the first time a multi-hardware retail simulator has been available to the PC/Xbox community.

    Many folks have been asking if we would allow the DC-6 to be used on Xbox and our approach has been predicated on "if we can put the airplane on both platforms without giving up functionality, then yes, we will."

    Effective today, we have done so!

    PMDG_DC6_released.jpg

    A couple of things we would like you to know:

    Special Pricing:
    We have issued special pricing for all DC-6 purchases through 31DEC21, whether made directly with PMDG.com or via the MSFS Marketplace.

    Differences Between PMDG.com / MSFS Marketplace PC / MSFS Marketplace XBox Versions
    While the airplane and it's simulation depth are common to all three iterations, there are a few subtle differences in what gets installed.

    PMDG DC-6 on XBox (via Marketplace): This version is functionally identical to the PMDG.com version, but differs in that it installs with some liveries which we have chosen to provide variation and colorful alternatives for XBox users to fly. Due to the limitations of the XBox platform, we are unable to install liveries using our own tools, so XBox users will not be able to use the PMDG Operations Center to expand their livery options. This will be a limitation of any aircraft placed on the XBox platform- but we may occasionally add liveries to the XBox sphere in order to give users additional options.

    PMDG DC-6 on PC (via Marketplace): This version is functionally identical to the PMDG.com version but, since it is a common installation with XBox it comes with some liveries preinstalled.Users who wish to install additional liveries will be able to do so beginning next week using a new update to the PMDG Operations Center. I detail the PMDG Operations Center below, so keep reading!


    Documentation:
    For those interested in learning more about their new DC-6, you can download the documentation here.

    Video Tutorials!
    We have put together a full set of tutorials to teach you how to fly this magnificent, feature rich simulation of the DC-6. You can watch them all here!

    Livery Installation:
    As already mentioned, XBox users have limited options for installation of liveries. This is a limitation of the gaming platform. Users who purchase via Marketplace for use on a PC can install additional liveries using the PMDG Operations Center, a tool we have developed specifically for this purpose.

    NOTE: It was necessary for us to wait for the DC-6 to release on the platform in order to have access to the necessary localization data for the DC-6 installation, so it will mid-late next week before we publish the updated PMDG Operations Center that is capable of recognizing the Marketplace version of the DC-6. We will post a notice when it is available, and you will download it directly from us via a link we will provide at that time.

    The PMDG Operations Center is a free tool for PMDG customers.

    Feedback / Support:
    Support for Marketplace PC and PMDG.com is expected to be common. We are still working out the speed at which we can update Marketplace users in partnership with Microsoft's distribution system. We will give you as much information on that topic as we have, once an update becomes available, so stay tuned for that.

    Support for XBox users is something entirely new for all of us at PMDG and we anticipate a few knee knockers as we build our expertise on the new platform. There are some operational differences that impact our ability to test quickly, iterate quickly and provide rapid solutions for XBox users- and we appreciate your patience as we get used to working with this new platform.

    We are already aware of a few hiccups being experienced by *some* Xbox users related to mouse movement and the ability to operate controls. The good news is that we have a very close relationship with the Microsoft Flight Simulator for XBox quality assurance team and we are already tracking solutions and replicating reported issues so that they can be recommended for solution. I am going to post a bit of detail in the DC-6 forum about this topic in order to keep it centralized- but please know that as of our most recent discussion with them tonight, the general feeling is that we are seeing a hardware/simulator interaction affecting a few DC-6 users- and that the problem is not the DC-6 itself. Please see the thread in the DC-6 forum for a bit more information and guidance.

    Okay- I think that covers this important release!

    For those interested in the 737: We will have more 737 update information coming to you next week.
    Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com



    #2
    Rob,

    Saw the Reno Air race addition in MSFS when I updated. Very excited when i saw the T-6 section and then ...

    ...NO GRACE 8!!!!!!!!! What the ....

    Not to mention a certain Red T-6 should still be hidden in a certain hanger in Stead
    Charles Harris KRTS The Valley of Speed
    ASUS ROG Strix B550-F, Ryzen 5800X, 1TB 970 Neo M2,1TB SSD, RX 5700XT 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3600

    Comment


    • rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Chuck! I was on a call with Jorg and his team last week and I told him, "so we stole Big Red... and poor Gordo was waiting for Reno PD to arrive so he could file a report..." I don't think they believed me! AHAHAHAHAH That was just an EPIC year, wasn't it? FWIW: Jorg called me the following day and said they want to add Grace8. Yippee! - RSR

    #3
    Can't wait for the 737 update.
    Doshi Kevin
    Computer Science graduate

    Comment


      #4
      Great news Robert and thankyou for the update.
      Danny Z.Cebis

      Comment


        #5
        Wow that's a huge step for the PMDG team! Congratulations!
        I'm really curious to see how the console road is going to develop, since my dream is to have a "plug and paly" sim with no tweaks and voodoo magic to make It work perfectly. Just turn on the machine (no matter If It's a PC or a console) and start flying.
        Last edited by PanosPilot; 24Nov2021, 08:43.
        Panos Korobos

        Comment


        • rsrandazzo
          rsrandazzo commented
          Editing a comment
          Panos- That has been m experience with MSFS on the PC with respect to simming. I would imagine it is the same on Xbox. I have never enjoyed the "tweak instead of fly" process that FSX/P3D always seemed to require. By the time I got it tweaked properly i was out of time to sim. LOL - RSR

        #6
        Robert, I fully expect to get slapped for asking this but no guts no glory. Any progress being made to bring the DC6 to P3DV5?
        Victor Green

        Comment


          #7
          Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
          For those interested in the 737: We will have more 737 update information coming to you next week.
          Looking forward to next week now
          Joe Colehouse EGCC

          Comment


            #8
            As one of those new simmers that started on Xbox as cannot justify the time and money of a dedicated PC I really appreciate PMDG effort to port some of the quality airliners to XBOX MSFS as we badly need them! I realise the hiccup and difficulties you are experiencing on your first Xbox attempt but I really hope you will not give up on us and I for sure will be more than happy to purchase planes to enjoy this amazing sim! Thanks

            Comment


              #9
              Is this only for the dc-6 or other planes for the platform will be on the marketplace too?

              Cemre Can Cayirci
              Cemre Can Cayirci

              Comment


                #10
                Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                Captains,

                Earlier today we at last released our PMDG DC-6 for MSFS product via the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace for both PC and XBox users.

                This is a bold new step in the product development history of PMDG because it represents the first time one of our products has appeared on a console, which has traditionally been the purview of entertainment gaming, while entertainment simming was restricted to PC users. With the increased interest in simming being expressed by console gamers, our DC-6 represents the first true aircraft study-sim to premier on the console side of the new platform and we are very excited to be leading the console world's introduction to serious simulation.

                One of the things that fascinates me personally about Microsoft Flight Simulator is the commonality that allows products to be developed for use on PC and on Xbox from a single code source. This is an ambitious goal under any circumstances and as far as I can tell, represents the first time a multi-hardware retail simulator has been available to the PC/Xbox community.

                Many folks have been asking if we would allow the DC-6 to be used on Xbox and our approach has been predicated on "if we can put the airplane on both platforms without giving up functionality, then yes, we will."

                Effective today, we have done so!

                PMDG_DC6_released.jpg

                A couple of things we would like you to know:

                Special Pricing:
                We have issued special pricing for all DC-6 purchases through 31DEC21, whether made directly with PMDG.com or via the MSFS Marketplace.

                Differences Between PMDG.com / MSFS Marketplace PC / MSFS Marketplace XBox Versions
                While the airplane and it's simulation depth are common to all three iterations, there are a few subtle differences in what gets installed.

                PMDG DC-6 on XBox (via Marketplace): This version is functionally identical to the PMDG.com version, but differs in that it installs with some liveries which we have chosen to provide variation and colorful alternatives for XBox users to fly. Due to the limitations of the XBox platform, we are unable to install liveries using our own tools, so XBox users will not be able to use the PMDG Operations Center to expand their livery options. This will be a limitation of any aircraft placed on the XBox platform- but we may occasionally add liveries to the XBox sphere in order to give users additional options.

                PMDG DC-6 on PC (via Marketplace): This version is functionally identical to the PMDG.com version but, since it is a common installation with XBox it comes with some liveries preinstalled.Users who wish to install additional liveries will be able to do so beginning next week using a new update to the PMDG Operations Center. I detail the PMDG Operations Center below, so keep reading!


                Documentation:
                For those interested in learning more about their new DC-6, you can download the documentation here.

                Video Tutorials!
                We have put together a full set of tutorials to teach you how to fly this magnificent, feature rich simulation of the DC-6. You can watch them all here!

                Livery Installation:
                As already mentioned, XBox users have limited options for installation of liveries. This is a limitation of the gaming platform. Users who purchase via Marketplace for use on a PC can install additional liveries using the PMDG Operations Center, a tool we have developed specifically for this purpose.

                NOTE: It was necessary for us to wait for the DC-6 to release on the platform in order to have access to the necessary localization data for the DC-6 installation, so it will mid-late next week before we publish the updated PMDG Operations Center that is capable of recognizing the Marketplace version of the DC-6. We will post a notice when it is available, and you will download it directly from us via a link we will provide at that time.

                The PMDG Operations Center is a free tool for PMDG customers.

                Feedback / Support:
                Support for Marketplace PC and PMDG.com is expected to be common. We are still working out the speed at which we can update Marketplace users in partnership with Microsoft's distribution system. We will give you as much information on that topic as we have, once an update becomes available, so stay tuned for that.

                Support for XBox users is something entirely new for all of us at PMDG and we anticipate a few knee knockers as we build our expertise on the new platform. There are some operational differences that impact our ability to test quickly, iterate quickly and provide rapid solutions for XBox users- and we appreciate your patience as we get used to working with this new platform.

                We are already aware of a few hiccups being experienced by *some* Xbox users related to mouse movement and the ability to operate controls. The good news is that we have a very close relationship with the Microsoft Flight Simulator for XBox quality assurance team and we are already tracking solutions and replicating reported issues so that they can be recommended for solution. I am going to post a bit of detail in the DC-6 forum about this topic in order to keep it centralized- but please know that as of our most recent discussion with them tonight, the general feeling is that we are seeing a hardware/simulator interaction affecting a few DC-6 users- and that the problem is not the DC-6 itself. Please see the thread in the DC-6 forum for a bit more information and guidance.

                Okay- I think that covers this important release!

                For those interested in the 737: We will have more 737 update information coming to you next week.
                Congratulations on the release. Even if I don't use any console, this benefits all PMDG customers. I wish you a big success.
                Mikael Johansson

                Comment


                  #11
                  Congrats on the release! Definitely a huge milestone in the flight sim/console category.
                  Tomas Hoste

                  Comment


                    #12
                    Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                    Captains,

                    Earlier today we at last released our PMDG DC-6 for MSFS product via the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace for both PC and XBox users.


                    For those interested in the 737: We will have more 737 update information coming to you next week.
                    Hey Robert,

                    What about the red-headed step child? 🤣
                    Bode Bridges
                    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam

                    Comment


                    • rsrandazzo
                      rsrandazzo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm watching you Bode. Don't make me put you on Double Secret PMDG Forum Probation. LOL - RSR

                    #13

                    Rob I am very happy that PMDG is evolving in all aspects
                    Steven Silva

                    PMDG 767/727 for P3D/MSFS

                    Comment


                      #14
                      Awesome! Congratulations PMDG team! Looking forward for the 737 update.
                      Fabio Loyola

                      Comment


                        #15
                        Congratulations!
                        I am really curious to hear in the future about the sales, to see what % of income comes from Xbox compared to PC. There may be a large amount of users on consoles eager to get some good planes!
                        Enrique Hugo

                        Comment


                          #16
                          Excited to see the news next week! One thing I’m very curious about is something I feel is common for me in MSFS and that’s the physics of the aircraft. Everything I’ve flown so far just doesn’t feel “right”. I have total faith in Rob and the crew to give us the guts of the aircraft, but I’m really hoping y’all have overcome any issues with making the plane actually feel like the 737. Right now everything feels light and floats something terrible. Hoping we can hear more about this.
                          Chase Stigberg - KRIC
                          Intel i9 9900k OC 5GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - 7 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU

                          Comment


                            #17
                            Robert,

                            I have a question with regards to Marketplace and PMDG.com DC6 installation. Would there be such a system for users that purchased the DC6 from here to be able to link their purchase to the Microsoft store in a way to use the DC6 on Xbox without having to purchase the DC6 through the Microsoft store? I would assume if the user purchased through the store for PC it would also be available on Xbox as well and vice versa.

                            I guess maybe this would be more of a question for Asobo as well.

                            I like the more realistic flying most times but I wouldn't mind doing some casual VFR flying on my big tv in the living room every now and then.

                            Thanks,
                            Tim Barker
                            FAA Air Traffic Control Specialist

                            Comment


                              #18
                              Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                              I'm watching you Bode. Don't make me put you on Double Secret PMDG Forum Probation. LOL - RSR
                              Robert,

                              And there is the classic line from the same movie - "You f***** up, you trusted us." 🤣
                              Bode Bridges
                              I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam

                              Comment


                                #19
                                Originally posted by Keirtt View Post
                                Excited to see the news next week! One thing I’m very curious about is something I feel is common for me in MSFS and that’s the physics of the aircraft. Everything I’ve flown so far just doesn’t feel “right”. I have total faith in Rob and the crew to give us the guts of the aircraft, but I’m really hoping y’all have overcome any issues with making the plane actually feel like the 737. Right now everything feels light and floats something terrible. Hoping we can hear more about this.
                                There is two parts to it. The flight dynamics of the aircraft and the flight engine itself. The Engine itself is P3Dish in my opinion it just feels different from what Xplane has for example. Doesn't make it inacurate just different. As far as flight dynamics of the planes the modded planes like DA62 or CJ4 for example are actually quite decent. DA62 for example I sense the difference compared to XP DA62 just like P3D vs XP but it is very comparable. The unmodded default planes are not there and will never be there in terms of proper modeling. If you want something that flies right you either need to get mods or Just Flights for general aviation. And as far as PMDG flight modeling it will be there without a question that is what they are known for systems and flight dynamics accuracy.
                                Last edited by matrosov; 27Nov2021, 22:37.
                                Aleks Matrosov

                                Comment


                                  #20
                                  Holly molly that thing is beautiful. Sadly I would have to shed a lot of the information in my head that keeps passengers alive, to be able to fly this beauty properly. Might buy it once the 737 makes me finally switch to MSFS though.
                                  Omar Josef
                                  737 FO
                                  757/767 rated
                                  Spain

                                  Comment


                                    #21
                                    Originally posted by Lanica View Post
                                    Robert, I fully expect to get slapped for asking this but no guts no glory. Any progress being made to bring the DC6 to P3DV5?
                                    The slap of silence. No sweat, my wife uses it on me often.
                                    Last edited by Lanica; 28Nov2021, 00:35.
                                    Victor Green

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X