Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Who is this man with all the cool memorabilia in his office and teasing us with a 757?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is this man with all the cool memorabilia in his office and teasing us with a 757?

Picture1.png

Looks like a lot of good things are coming from PMDG for MSFS 2020!
    Luis Linares
    i9-6700K, GTX 2080Ti, 64GB DDR4

That's RSR
    Last edited by davidnorfolk96; 18Nov2021, 12:04.
    David Norfolk

Comment

And here is the full story: https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-dc-6-7...n-development/
      Luis Linares

Comment

Interesting.
        Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

As he announces they have 14 products in line, in my opinion we know what all 13 of them are but there is one that hasn't been hinted at yet - maybe a DC3?
          Ciarán Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by shamrock View Post
            As he announces they have 14 products in line, in my opinion we know what all 13 of them are but there is one that hasn't been hinted at yet - maybe a DC3?
            Which ones? 737,747,777 DC6 and now 757 What's the other 8? Or are we counting variants too as separate products?
            Aleks Matrosov

Comment

• swood721
              swood721 commented
              Editing a comment
              The 757 and 767 actually aren't very similar at all. The cockpits are similar so they have a common type rating and we operate them similarly, but the systems are completely different. To the level that PMDG develops products, it wouldn't save them much because they really and truly are two completely different airplanes. That being said, I really, really hope they develop both. The 767 (so far) is hands down my favorite plane I've flown.

• Yoshua
              Yoshua commented
              Editing a comment
              How the 767 and 757 are built is similar. Structurally I'm not sure if they are but none of that matters for us in the sim.

• Kevin Hall
              Kevin Hall commented
              Editing a comment
              It's not the structure, it's the systems. The flightdeck is nearly identical but the systems are quite different.

I've been waiting for a 757 and/or 767 for so long, so I really hope this is true. I fly the 756 for a large US airline and the current sim offerings are....lacking. I will be one happy camper if/when this comes to fruition.
            Sean Wood

Comment

I pray to the heavens that a 727 is also on his Desk.
              Onela Pivra [ATPL (A/H) ME CFII]
              [email protected] GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080S, 16GB DDR4 3200, 4K samsung UJ59

Comment

• Transair
                Transair commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes...ROBERT IF YOU'RE LISTENING, the 727 is so badly wanted............

Originally posted by swood721 View Post
              I've been waiting for a 757 and/or 767 for so long, so I really hope this is true. I fly the 756 for a large US airline and the current sim offerings are....lacking. I will be one happy camper if/when this comes to fruition.
              FF 757 for XP11?
              Sincerely,

Wojtek Pietrusiewicz

Comment

shamrock, I do hope you're wrong (in a nice way) because for the 737 you'll be missing the -900 (which arguably is more needed than the -600), BBJs, and BCF/BDSF, I'll have a guess at the 14 being product packs, i.e more than 1 variant in a pack. As I have a feeling the JS41 is one too
                Joe Colehouse EGCC

Comment

• shamrock
                  shamrock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah yes I forgot about the 900 :/

• JWarner32
                  JWarner32 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JS41 definitely won't be one of the aircraft in the pipeline. They've already said they've decided on what is in the pipeline and hinted at a 757. They've got this, plus the 747, 777, and the 737 to work with + updates to DC-6 and the other products being pushed into MSFS.

• EasternT3
                  EasternT3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would say that saying "definitely" seems inccorrect (unless you work for PMDG and know other things), I mention the JS41 because somewhere in the operations centre, it mentions the JS41 for MSFS, therefore I thinks a fair assumption we could see it in MSFS - unless this was a previous thought, although RSR did say the new aircraft has been know for a couple years at least

Also, they mention 14 products for MSFS, even with the current 3 boeings, the hinted 757 and DC6, I fail to see how that makes 14?

EDIT : RSR in the interview pinned has said the 41 is likely to come to MSFS at some point
                  Last edited by EasternT3; 22Nov2021, 09:15.

Seven five…

ROBERT THANK YOU 😍😍😍😍
                i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                Marc Ehnle

Comment

Is there room for the... MD-11? There, i said it
                  NUNO PINTO
                  LeNovo Legion 5 PRO · 32GB 3200Mhz 18-18-18 · nVidia RTX3070 · LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz

Comment

• Yoshua
                    Yoshua commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I know it's not PMDG but TFDI is pretty good and they're coming out with a MD11 for P3D and MSFS

• Nuno Pinto
                    Nuno Pinto commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, i know. Old joke and i trust TFDi's MD-11 will be superb.

Would have liked the 767 more,but i'll take it .I just hope the F will be included.

It makes the wait for the Level-D 757 finally over .

brgds,
                  Steven Ghion

Comment

Robert - if you're listening, the 727 is badly wanted ...hope it's on your list....

PJ Transair

Comment

For present day ops, I would love the 787!
                      Luis Linares

Comment

• JWarner32
                        JWarner32 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        SAME! The QW 787 is nice, but it's too.... computer-ish. I'd love a study-level feel to it =)

I don't know about you guys....but I KNOW there is also going to be a 767 and 727 released, as I broke into rsrandazzo 's office last night and placed a model of each on his desk.
                      I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the next team meeting when he asks about the progress on those aircraft. 🤣

PS: Guys....don't break the door jamb to get in...the code is 8675309. 😁
                      Regards, Steve Dra
                      Click here to download my P3D, FSX, 2004 paints at Avsim
                      Click here to downloads my MSFS DC-6 paints on flightsim.to

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                        rsrandazzo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Steve- Since none of us could remember the door code, we put it on the airworthiness certificate in the VC of the 737... Is that where you got it? -RSR

• Swaluver88
                        Swaluver88 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        the door code can very well be 8675 or 309

had to take the opportunity

• Steve Dra
                        Steve Dra commented
                        Editing a comment
                        @RSR: While that is a good place to store your door codes....you just have to sing that number and its origin will be obvious.

@Swaluver88: if you listen closely...its actually 8675 -309....e-9 LOL. And...I got the number on the wall.

I am praying for the B767 and the B727 for P3D and MSFS Rob listen to our pleas please we ask you
                      Steven Silva

PMDG 767/727 for P3D/MSFS

Comment

Rob:

Do you see how easy it is to get us talking and stop complaining that "...there hasn't been an update for xxx days!..."

When this excitement ebbs, just lift ... I don't know .... a cup of coffee? .....

And new speculation and comments will abound!

As long as something is being developed at PMDG, we know it'll be good!

Many regards
                        Roberto
                        Roberto Stopnicki
                        Toronto, Canada

Comment

*cries internally knowing I’m going to have to wait even longer for a decent A350*
                          Jacob Buchanan

Comment

• JWarner32
                            JWarner32 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I really wish someone would make a study-level A350. Hell, even Aerosoft. I just want an A350. I'm not even an Airbus guy and that plane makes me tingle.

We need a 787 more than a 757.
                          Bob Zolto

Comment

• EasternT3
                            EasternT3 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Depends who you ask An aircraft choice isn't going to please everyone, PMDG may also have a 787 in the works as well

• Flyboy66
                            Flyboy66 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don't know if its dead in the water, Comment section suggest otherwise... but QW should still be working on their 787.

I welcome the 757-200, think the market need a 757/767!

• EasternT3
                            EasternT3 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            QW are working on their 787 as far as I know, I know it's not the highest quality but "it does the job", we don't have a 757 where we can say that (imo)

After carefully adjusting contrast, lighting and the newest form of image sharpening, from the looks of it, a 707 is in the works as well.

Saha_Air_Boeing_707_Haghgoo-2.jpg 707.png
                          🕵 No secrets here people, the evidence is in front of us.
                          Last edited by CaptainGabe; 18Nov2021, 18:22.
                          Gabriel Guzman- IAH "Never stop flying the plane."
                          My ANA 777 fleet project

Comment

• Ephedrin
                            Ephedrin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Mhm, and a DC3, apparently

• JWarner32
                            JWarner32 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's not his desk, and that's an E-3.... Rip

That's not his desk...
                          Trevor Hannant

Comment

A PMDG 757 and a 767 will be a most welcome addition to the FS world. I'm also hoping that the cockpit display upgrades will also be included!

If I'm also seeing a 787 and a 707 model, I think we are in for a treat. As others have suggested, I hope there is a 727 model on that desk!

Marlon Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Moridin View Post

FF 757 for XP11?
                              I've never tried FF but I've heard they're pretty good. I don't use XP, I was speaking of the offerings for P3D.
                              Sean Wood

Comment

As an aside, I do love the model Robert chose. The Saul Bass livery is still one of the most beautiful, in my opinion. Though I will say, the trip I'm currently flying has had a number of aircraft in our new paint job and it's actually pretty striking up close. Battleship Gray is way up there too.
                                Sean Wood

Comment

These teasings have no sense without confirmation. As for me I like facts. When PMDG is ready to announce the plane in development we will know about it. Anyway I am waiting for 737MAX, because 757 or 767 or 787 or etc very long away from release and MAX is just near here but the same time far away.
                                  Alexey Ermolaev

Comment

• Flyboy66
                                    Flyboy66 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    What would be the point in the MAX when they're working on the 737NG3? Its just another 737, now undoubted in the future they'll probably be one, but what the market need is a 757/767 IMO.
                                    Last edited by Flyboy66; 19Nov2021, 10:13.

• davidnorfolk96
                                    davidnorfolk96 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    There's already a MAX in the works. I believe it is an expansion to the ngxu. They just couldn't release it due to what happened irl

• JWarner32
                                    JWarner32 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    What's the issue with releasing the MAX due to what happened irl? I'm not sure I understand. I'd love for someone to explain =)

That was a great presentation RSR did on the stream, I really enjoyed it.

I sincerely hope he fired the sound engineer though, having that failure when he did. If it weren't for that we would all know the release date for the 737 now!.
                                  Last edited by Bart; 19Nov2021, 20:48.
                                  Pete Simpson
                                  EGTC

Comment

Adding my enthusiasm for a 767 to the list... I'm ALMOST as excited about the 757 tease as I would be for a 767, especially with a cargo variant...
                                    -Rhys Ivan

Comment

Originally posted by Ops Normal View Post
                                      I pray to the heavens that a 727 is also on his Desk.
                                      Onela,

ThisIsA727.jpg

You mean one of these, right? It sits right behind me. This one came from the Museum of Flight and flew on the last flight of N7001U. I cleaned the lavatories on this airplane at the beginning of my airline career. Humble beginnings, but still more fun than a real job. :-)

-RSR
                                      Robert S. Randazzo
                                      PMDG Simulations
                                      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Ephedrin
                                        Ephedrin commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        And totally by accident a DC3 in the picture.. what a tease lol

• ual763
                                        ual763 commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Robert, if you don’t have it already, I highly recommend this book on the restoration of this aircraft. The details are fantastic in it.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Terris-T...S%2CB0000AY4YT

• HighFlier
                                        HighFlier commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Hold on now guys. Rob said the 727 sits behind him… Unless he has a wrap around desk, that 727 isn’t on his desk. The picture where he holds the 757 shows a bookshelf with quite a few planes on top. The 727 probably sits on a shelf.

I think I heard Rob say PMDG will be 21 or 25 years old next year, wow how fast does time go, wasn't the 757 their first product so how fitting would it be to get a brand new 757 from them on the anniversary next year

Peter Graves
                                      SimXperience-XL (XL Virtual Group)​

Comment

• Steven Silva
                                        Steven Silva commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        & 1. B767 & B727

• ExcelAirways.UK
                                        ExcelAirways.UK commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Ah the B767 Definately, especially the -200

• Steven Silva
                                        Steven Silva commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I personally love all the variants of the B767. If someday PMDG comes to give life to the B767 for P3D / MSFS they will have a lot of fun since the B767 has many things like the B727 and this work can only be done by PMDG and rsrandazzo
                                    Working...
                                    X