Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[12NOV21] A Couple of Raw, Unedited Preview Images for 737 Lovers - To Start Your Weekend.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSR are you going post any vids on the youtube channel like you did with DC ?
    John C

Comment

OMG, hurry up! Take my money!
      Eroc Morales

PMDG Hanger - MSFS DC-6

Comment

Oh wow! What a difference! Fantastic work. I think not only the graphical quality is a big improvement, but just the side by side comparison of the environment really blows my mind. (Still can't find the mind-blown emoji) It seems like just yesterday, PMDG was uncertain of a 737 for MSFS. Man this project has run a marathon for sure. My brain can't compute MSFS with a PMDG 777/747 or even a 707 or 727.

Last edited by eagle7907; 14Nov2021, 04:37. Reason: missing signature
        Dave "Sax Dude" Spaulding
        A320 DFW FO

Comment

Is there a chance for PMDG come back to X-plane platform again? It seems that X-plane 12 will be a tough rival to msfs2020.
          Last edited by dicksonso; 14Nov2021, 05:00.
          Dickson So

Comment

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            Dickson- Highly unlikely that will happen in the near term. We have a full agenda just moving the existing product line to MSFS- and we would very much like to get a new airplane line into the mix also. We are a small team and the day only has 24hrs. :-) - RSR

I hope there is an AFE like the DC-6. AFE makes the DC-6 a breeze to fly for begineers.
          Doshi Kevin
          Computer Science graduate

Comment

• cmakris
            cmakris commented
            Editing a comment
            There will be no "AFE" for the DC6 was needed because is there in reality and is more complex plane. On the NG there is no need. There will be a full checklist though showing where each of the buttons are

• PanosPilot
            PanosPilot commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, If It's like the NGXu there is a selection of "Panel States" in FMC If you want to quickly jump from "Cold and Dark" to "Ready for Take-off".

Oh boy. Looking the business!

Can't wait to throw some paint on her.
          Cheers,

John Tavendale

Comment

John's comment above has triggered an interesting point - paintkit...

Aerosoft (thankfully!) made converting existing CRJ paints to their MSFS model fairly easy unlike some other paintkits - will the 737 paintkit be of a similar nature to the P3D version?
            Trevor Hannant

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorHannant View Post
              John's comment above has triggered an interesting point - paintkit...

Aerosoft (thankfully!) made converting existing CRJ paints to their MSFS model fairly easy unlike some other paintkits - will the 737 paintkit be of a similar nature to the P3D version?
              I asked this a while ago, and unless I misunderstood, I believe the answer is no.
              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Hi PMDG team

Previews looking fantastic I can't wait to fly this!

Question.. Will the NG3 EFB/CDU get SimBrief integration since its now a part of Navigraph, similar to what FBW A320NX did with their EFB? i.e. simply load the flight plans from direct from SimBrief via FMC/EFB.
                Also VATSIM active controllers in range page on EFB comes in handy when flying in VR, and a request for a Scratchpad to? (being cheeky now) these are just some things that i've found come in handy especially for VR.

Please keep up the great work and can't wait to see what the ''secret project'' is... (please be a 757-200/767 I beg you!).

kind regards

Liam Shaw
                Last edited by Flyboy66; 14Nov2021, 12:57. Reason: Sig didn't show
                Liam Shaw - Pilot - Flight Ops

Comment

• Bart
                  Bart commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great suggestions regarding the VR additions for the EFB. Let's hope they get added.

Originally posted by Flyboy66 View Post
                Last edited by Flyboy66; Today, 07:57. Reason: Sig didn't show
                Liam, just so you know, the forum software is a little weird in that when you make your initial post, the signature won't show up. As long as you have it set in your signature, which you have done, the rest of us can see it. Of course, by the time you see this, you will have noticed that your signature is, in fact, there. This will happen with every post you make.
                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

rsrandazzo , thanks for the great work from you and the team! Extremely excited about the progress of the 737! As a long time customer, I've never been more excited than watching for each development. With that being said, I feel like several of your replies on this topic have expressed some challenges with Asobo (i.e. vague and obfusecatory answers). Do you feel like the relationship with the Asobo team is changing? Reading previous posts, it seemed like they were the most involved dev team, but with some of these posts it had me wondering. Not trying to read into it to much, but would hate to see PMDG left out in the dark with the amazing work you and the team are putting into these projects. IMO, this project is what will shift the turn of simmers on other platforms to MSFS. Thanks a ton!!
                  Last edited by Keirtt; 14Nov2021, 20:57.
                  Chase Stigberg - KRIC
                  Intel i9 9900k OC 5GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - 7 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post

I was working on some aspects of the equations that drive the flight control animations today, and since we still don't have modern coding/debugging tools that can be used with MSFS, I have Prepar3D v5 running in one quadrant of my screen (with modern debugging tools, thank you very much) and I have MSFS (with which I can only use the same coding/debugging techniques we used back in 1992...)
                    I have a feeling that this PMDG & ASOBO relationship/journey is going to force PMDG to be full of excuses for ASOBO for years to come. It has already been a see-saw of messaging, some even in the same paragraph/sentence (see above!!!).

Pictures are essentially worthless anymore - MSFS pics are beautiful too. So what? ....says the IFR pilot expecting low cielings and 1/2 mile visibility, but its all clear and 100 mile vis in MSFS - excellent for screenshots🙄)
                    Paul Racines
                    Win 10 64bit pro | 1200W PLATINUM POWER SUPPLY | ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO | i9-10850K | RTX 3090 | DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240EX |128GB DDR4 3600MHZ G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO | 2 TB NVME | 2TB M.2 | Seagate IRONWOLF PRO 8TB | Oculus Rift

Comment

Looking superb and I know the wait will be totally worth it if the DC-6 is anything to go by.

Comment

Originally posted by pracines View Post

I have a feeling that this PMDG & ASOBO relationship/journey is going to force PMDG to be full of excuses for ASOBO for years to come. It has already been a see-saw of messaging, some even in the same paragraph/sentence (see above!!!).

Pictures are essentially worthless anymore - MSFS pics are beautiful too. So what? ....says the IFR pilot expecting low cielings and 1/2 mile visibility, but its all clear and 100 mile vis in MSFS - excellent for screenshots🙄)
                        Paul,
                        While I don’t share all of the same concerns, I am curious about this relationship too. As I said just above your post, I’ve also read and interpreted the messages the same way. Very curious what the team is experiencing and how their relationship is going. Seems to be a very sweet and sour relationship.
                        Chase Stigberg - KRIC
                        Intel i9 9900k OC 5GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - 7 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU

Comment

This is great news! I sense that there's more to come in the next couple of weeks. You know we are all excited and the anticipation is evident! I'm hoping the release is coincides with the Thrustmaster Boeing yoke and throttle for the public.

Mark Guinto
                          KSAN

Comment

Originally posted by Keirtt View Post
                            With that being said, I feel like several of your replies on this topic have expressed some challenges with Asobo (i.e. vague and obfusecatory answers). Do you feel like the relationship with the Asobo team is changing?
                            Chase-

I do feel it is changing. But for the better, finally- which might sound surprising.

The frustrations that you see in my answers are not frustrations with Asobo or the dev team- let's be clear about that.

My frustration is that 27 months after our initial view behind the magic curtain of MSFS, we are still looking at "mid-to-late 2022" for some critically important development tools that greatly facilitate our effort to bring our products forward into this fantastic platform. MSFS is a massive endeavor and it took some real guts and some solid decision making to build the platform. The version sitting in our laps today is not anywhere close to what is ultimately envisioned and there is a roadmap into the future that is stunning in it's complexity and breathtaking in it's capability. The leadership that drives this thing has to be commended for even having the gall to suggest they could do what they have done- and they have done it well.

But if you allow me the egotism to spin the scope around and look at it from the viewpoint of "Just Lil Ol' PMDG" for a moment, (which at once is both unfair, but is also my natural viewpoint given my position in the relationship) we are nearly 2.5 years beyond our first discussions with MS/Asobo and many of the tools and capabilities that were outlined to us in the beginning have still have not been delivered During the past few months, Asobo has begun to chip away more aggressively at these shortcomings and that is why I say things are improving. Since Update 5 we have slightly better debugging capability, but it is on par with the sort of capability we had back in 1992-or-so: Bit-twiddling in the blind to see what changes we could make work...

The tools we need to program like modern developers are now being promised for mid-2022 and work **is** progressing- so again- that is an improvement!

To give you an idea what it is like: Without these tools, *everything* about what we do becomes miserably complex. The 737 is about 1.25M lines of very thorough, very well tested, modular, reusable code. But a problematic solver function that I spent 90 seconds tuning in Prepar3D took three developers a total of 27 man hours to resolve while working on it in MSFS because we do not have modern debugging tools. Last week it took four developers a total of 40 man hours to do something that, when done in Prepar3D using modern debugging tools takes a single developer approximately 3 minutes if you also include taking time to pat Solo-The-Failed-Show-Dog when she wakes up on her dog-bed next to the desk.

Think of something you do with technology, and now drag it back to the state in which it existed in 1992. That is where we are while working on the 737- so my frustration is palpable at times. But you won't convince me that Asobo and the dev team don't care. I believe they do- but they have a larger agenda that has necessarily driven their priorities over the past couple of years. The tools needed by the development community in which PMDG exists have just been naturally lower on the hierarchy until recently.

"It is what it is," as they say... but it is improving- and that is the important factor to me, today.

Robert S. Randazzo
                            PMDG Simulations
                            http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the eye candy and the explanations. I can understand the frustration. While I like MSFS, it is also missing some features, that we have been used to in other sims, or feels clumsy to use in certain areas.

Have you been able to add some proper saving and loading functionality/ autosave, or is that still dependent on some future MSFS development?
                              Last edited by longrangecruise; 15Nov2021, 11:04.
                              Regards,

​​​​​​Perry Mattenberger

Comment

Will there be various aircraft states like - 'ready for take off ' on this aircraft ?
                                Doshi Kevin
                                Computer Science graduate

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                  rsrandazzo commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Doshi- Yes. We demonstrate this capability really well in the DC-6, and it will be equally robust in the 737, with very little difference from the current user experience in P3D. - RSR

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post

Chase-

I do feel it is changing. But for the better, finally- which might sound surprising.

The frustrations that you see in my answers are not frustrations with Asobo or the dev team- let's be clear about that.

My frustration is that 27 months after our initial view behind the magic curtain of MSFS, we are still looking at "mid-to-late 2022" for some critically important development tools that greatly facilitate our effort to bring our products forward into this fantastic platform. MSFS is a massive endeavor and it took some real guts and some solid decision making to build the platform. The version sitting in our laps today is not anywhere close to what is ultimately envisioned and there is a roadmap into the future that is stunning in it's complexity and breathtaking in it's capability. The leadership that drives this thing has to be commended for even having the gall to suggest they could do what they have done- and they have done it well.

But if you allow me the egotism to spin the scope around and look at it from the viewpoint of "Just Lil Ol' PMDG" for a moment, (which at once is both unfair, but is also my natural viewpoint given my position in the relationship) we are nearly 2.5 years beyond our first discussions with MS/Asobo and many of the tools and capabilities that were outlined to us in the beginning have still have not been delivered During the past few months, Asobo has begun to chip away more aggressively at these shortcomings and that is why I say things are improving. Since Update 5 we have slightly better debugging capability, but it is on par with the sort of capability we had back in 1992-or-so: Bit-twiddling in the blind to see what changes we could make work...

The tools we need to program like modern developers are now being promised for mid-2022 and work **is** progressing- so again- that is an improvement!

To give you an idea what it is like: Without these tools, *everything* about what we do becomes miserably complex. The 737 is about 1.25M lines of very thorough, very well tested, modular, reusable code. But a problematic solver function that I spent 90 seconds tuning in Prepar3D took three developers a total of 27 man hours to resolve while working on it in MSFS because we do not have modern debugging tools. Last week it took four developers a total of 40 man hours to do something that, when done in Prepar3D using modern debugging tools takes a single developer approximately 3 minutes if you also include taking time to pat Solo-The-Failed-Show-Dog when she wakes up on her dog-bed next to the desk.

Think of something you do with technology, and now drag it back to the state in which it existed in 1992. That is where we are while working on the 737- so my frustration is palpable at times. But you won't convince me that Asobo and the dev team don't care. I believe they do- but they have a larger agenda that has necessarily driven their priorities over the past couple of years. The tools needed by the development community in which PMDG exists have just been naturally lower on the hierarchy until recently.

"It is what it is," as they say... but it is improving- and that is the important factor to me, today.

Robert,
                                Thanks for the great reply. I’ll ask one more question. As a customer since 2004 (despite what my profile on here says), I’m dedicated to waiting it out regardless of what that timeline needs to be. With that said, can WE as the community do anything to help the cause? Is there any noise we can make in a specific area that would help? I look back at what the FBW team did a few months ago to get votes for the weather/terrain API. Right or wrong, they were acknowledged. You guys have such a large following and it would be great to see more dedication to giving you guys the tools you need. The product you’re making should be one of their ultimate priorities right now because for a lot of us, it’s what’ll make the big shift away from p3d/xp to MSFS. But seriously, tell us what cages we need to rattle and if there is anything we can do to help! Thanks Robert!!
                                Chase Stigberg - KRIC

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                  rsrandazzo commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Chase- I am pretty confident that the existing community of developers (not just PMDG) are finally getting a good slice of attention. The things that FBW was asking for were much simpler for Asobo to deliver because the functionality the "pre-existing" dev community wants requires entirely new tools and new ways for the sim to interact. I think everyone underestimated the complexity of taking existing methods in use for decades and rapidly pivoting them to match the technical challenges of the new platform. It will happen- and it isn't just us that benefit- it is an entire community of developers and thus the entire community of customers too. - RSR

Can someone give me a sanity check here? I don't want to get into which is a better sim MSFS or P3D ( I have both - but never use MSFS). but it looks like the screenshots that RSR put up clearly shows MSFS is more life-like/real. While P3D looks "computerish". But I am a bad judge. Can someone chime in here and tell me if they notice a huge difference or a subtle difference in the screen shots.
                                Paul Gugliotta

Comment

• EasternT3
                                  EasternT3 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Personally for me, it really is a huge difference with the lighting especially, but everything just seems crisper, I liken it to say the graphical differences between GTA 4 and GTA 5, but I have seen one comment elsewhere where he thinks the NGXu is more realistic, so I think it's more a personal preference

• Iadbound
                                  Iadbound commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  MSFS 2020 is a clear winner in default graphics. P3D is cartoonish or as you said "computerish". There are times when MSFS 2020 has that problem too, but overall MSFS 2020 looks far more "natural" and lifelike than P3D. And I'll add, that I have MSFS 2020, XP, and P3D and I think they all have good points and bad points. It just so happens that the graphics are one of MSFS 2020's strongest positive aspects. Unfortunately, if you really love PMDG-style airliners MSFS 2020 just doesn't have much to offer . . . yet.

• rsrandazzo
                                  rsrandazzo commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Paul- Having spent the better part of the past year working with both platforms- I will tell you that the more time I spend looking at MSFS, the harder it is to look at P3D... Some folks have really good tweaks/tuning with their P3D setups- but even the best ones don't do the subtleties of lighting and shading the way MSFS does. Once you get used to MSFS- it is hard to go back... and you know how I live my 747... -RSR

Great update sir.
                                you mention how it looks in vr in an earlier post, can I ask, how is the performance compared to our great DC6?
                                I realise we are talking about an unfinished product thus far but would like any sort of info on this.
                                Andrew Bolton

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                  rsrandazzo commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Andrew- It isn't worth me commenting on at this juncture for a myriad of reasons... Just too many variables. (Oh! A software pun!) :-p -RSR

Rob the comparison is unsettling but you know something each platform has its magic and I just love that. I hope and taking small steps to MSFS in mid-2022 I also hope that MSFS adds the option of the yoke mouse as FS and P3D I think this is going to be completely magnificent worlds and given that I will not stop flying P3D and I will love MSFS too . I hope the projects stay alive and are born on both platforms. I look forward to the day in my other life of the announcement that I hope so much PMDG B767 / 727 for MSFS / P3D Rob let me dream , don't scold me and I wish PMDG all my support
                                Steven Silva

PMDG 767/727 for P3D/MSFS

Comment

Originally posted by Paulyg123 View Post
                                  Can someone give me a sanity check here? I don't want to get into which is a better sim MSFS or P3D ( I have both - but never use MSFS). but it looks like the screenshots that RSR put up clearly shows MSFS is more life-like/real. While P3D looks "computerish". But I am a bad judge. Can someone chime in here and tell me if they notice a huge difference or a subtle difference in the screen shots.
                                  Oh, MSFS is of course by far the best looking sim out there right now. That's basically its main purpose. Not only does it look beautiful, but it uses real photogrammetry for many hundreds of cities worldwide, meaning that the buildings look exactly as they do in Bing/Google Maps. This is not only incredible for VFR flying, but also just for your own immersion in the world, as the world looks as it does in real life.

Only downside is a lack of "study-level" airliners right now. Currently, the best options are the Aerosoft CRJ-700 (paid), or the FBW A320 / WT CJ4 (free).

I switched to MSFS on day 1 (or actually, months before release! I could barely stare at X-Plane 11 anymore after I saw the MSFS screenshots 😁), and flying any other sim right now, no matter how well modeled the planes may be, just feels unimmersive because of the world. Others that may have sunk hundreds of hours, thousands of gigabytes, and hundreds(/thousands?) of dollars into modding their sims may have a different experience, but I never had the disk space nor the budget to do so.

And ever since then, it's been a wait for PMDG to release their famous 737 which I never had the pleasure of flying before (because I skipped over P3D for X-Plane).

But to answer your question, yes, MSFS is going to look (far) better than your current P3D setup right now.
                                  Last edited by Vicinian; 15Nov2021, 17:24.
                                  Cesar Perez

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                    rsrandazzo commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Cesar- I echo your sentiments. When I move from 737 development to testing LNAV2.0 in the 747, it takes some adjusting... MSFS is just a better looking platform all around. It has it's "things" that bug me- but overall it is coming along really nicely and I am looking forward to finally seeing you in our 737. :-) - RSR

Originally posted by Vicinian View Post

Oh, MSFS is of course by far the best looking sim out there right now. That's basically its main purpose. Not only does it look beautiful, but it uses real photogrammetry for many hundreds of cities worldwide, meaning that the buildings look exactly as they do in Bing/Google Maps. This is all just incredibly for VFR flying, but also just for your own immersion in the world, as the world looks as it does in real life.

Only downside is a lack of "study-level" airliners right now. Currently, the best options are the Aerosoft CRJ-700 (paid), or the FBW A320 / WT CJ4 (free).

I switched to MSFS on day 1 (or actually, months before release! I could barely stare at X-Plane 11 anymore after I saw the MSFS screenshots 😁), and flying any other sim right now, no matter how well modeled the planes may be, just feels unimmersive because of the world. Others that may have sunk dozens(/hundreds?) of hours, thousands of gigabytes, and hundreds(/thousands?) of dollars into modding their sims may have a different experience, but I never had the disk space nor the budget to do this before.

And ever since then, it's been a wait for PMDG to release their famous 737 which I never had the pleasure of flying before (because I skipped over P3D for X-Plane).

But to answer your question, yes, MSFS is going to look (far) better than your current P3D setup right now.
                                  Pretty much how I feel exactly.
                                  Chase Stigberg - KRIC

Comment

Robert! Looking beautiful, been waiting for these screenshots for a while... Cockpit looks very well done. When can we expect so tutorial videos???? Good work!
                                    Sam, MSFS Cardiff

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                      rsrandazzo commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Sam- Chris Powell is putting all of you up to asking for those videos, isn't he. ISN'T HE?!?!?!? He asks me about it on every call... -RSR

• MSFS Cardiff
                                      MSFS Cardiff commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Lol, yeah he is. Seriously tho, i need videos, your voice is so calming lmao

P3D is frustrating to look at and MSFS is, to me, except the DC6 and the modded DA62, frustrating to fly in. So you‘ll have to judge yourself: what do you want? A good flight model but bad visuals? Although P3Dv4 really looks better IMO than P3D5 with the right expensive addons, then go with PMDG and A2A for example in P3D. Or do you want great visuals with breathtaking weather and sunlight but a flightmodel that‘s „just not there yet“ to be polite. It‘s been improving, as RSR says, not only behind the scenes. But as soon as you leave „straight and level“ or shallow turns it‘s just wrong. It FEELS good, maybe because it looks good, but it‘s wrong.

All I‘ve had the muse to fly for the recent couple of weeks are the DC6, the Da62 with Tommy‘s mod and the DCS A-10 and F-14 🤷🏻‍♂️

the DCS flight model, visuals and performance with MSFS‘s streamed world with the Google Maps replacement mod… (lol)… a wet dream… Imagine a PMDG 747 with that..
                                    Ryzen 5900x, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                                    Marc Ehnle

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                      rsrandazzo commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Marc- I LOVE the DCS flight model. It is superbly done, and in concert with a good VR setup I find it to be the best flying experience around. Formation flying in the A-10 lights up the same part of my brain that lights up when flying formation in the SNJ or the DC-3 in the real world. - RSR

• Ephedrin
                                      Ephedrin commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Robert, for MY sanity check. When I heard the voice in a cold and dark situation in DCS telling me that I was meant to fly around with no threats I immediately went back to your DC6 videos to compare. I really thought for a moment it was your voice. Same accent and articulation 🤣

So is this still expected to be released before end of this year?

Comment

• EasternT3
                                      EasternT3 commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      RSR - LATE EDIT: A few folks have asked about the release timeline. I'll have more information on that in another update that is a bit more broad-based.

Looks fantastic and I can't wait to HEAR and FLY this bird. I am assuming it will be much like the dc6 with full persistence and tablet/AFE. Does it come with an Air Canada livery and will you be making some more great tutorial videos @rsrandazzo? Looking forward to learning this airplane.
                                    Last edited by KWAiRT; 16Nov2021, 00:51.
                                    Kurt Meyer AX75
                                    i7-8600K 32GB 4000 1080Ti 11GB

Comment

Originally posted by Vicinian View Post

Oh, MSFS is of course by far the best looking sim out there right now. That's basically its main purpose. Not only does it look beautiful, but it uses real photogrammetry for many hundreds of cities worldwide, meaning that the buildings look exactly as they do in Bing/Google Maps. This is not only incredible for VFR flying, but also just for your own immersion in the world, as the world looks as it does in real life.

I switched to MSFS on day 1 (or actually, months before release! I could barely stare at X-Plane 11 anymore after I saw the MSFS screenshots 😁), and flying any other sim right now, no matter how well modeled the planes may be, just feels unimmersive because of the world. Others that may have sunk hundreds of hours, thousands of gigabytes, and hundreds(/thousands?) of dollars into modding their sims may have a different experience, but I never had the disk space nor the budget to do so.

Reading thru this thread and RSR comments - did RSR say the 737 for MSFS wont be released until mid or late 2022? Do I read this correctly? If so, I will hold off on buying my next computer until then.
                                      Paul Gugliotta

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                        rsrandazzo commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Paul- Mid-2022 was specifically about the tools we need. We are able to work without them- but it is horrifically inefficient. - RSR

Reading thru this thread and RSR comments - did RSR say the 737 for MSFS wont be released until mid or late 2022? Do I read this correctly? If so, I will hold off on buying my next computer until then.
                                      I thought he said that the tools (aka SDK things) that they would need be released then, they can manage without but would make the job easier.
                                      Riku Tuhkanen

Comment

• Vicinian
                                        Vicinian commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        This.

RSR has not given any update yet on the 737 release timeline. The last estimate we had was that it would be released this year, though that window is rapidly closing. I would expect it to release within three months, however.
                                    Working...
                                    X