Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[01OCT21] Let's start 4Q21 with some juicy 737 previews, shall we?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moridin View Post
    Could you please release the manual ahead of time, so we actually have time to read it?

If it comes with the purchase, then we will push and start before reading. You know we will. We know we will. And I admire those who won’t. Who have the restraint. I don’t.
    I'll assume they can't for copyright reasons.
    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Now...all I need is a graphics card so I can splurge on MSFS2020.

John Bradley
      AAL132

Comment

Originally posted by Moridin View Post

+1 I need my HC Alpha and Bravo to work!

IDEA

Could you please release the manual ahead of time, so we actually have time to read it?

If it comes with the purchase, then we will push and start before reading. You know we will. We know we will. And I admire those who won’t. Who have the restraint. I don’t.
        if you have the NGXu on P3D then the manuals will probably mostly be the same! The aircraft should operate as the real one, so you can download 737 manuals from the internet to learn how to operate the actual aircraft systems
        Alan Norris

Comment

• Moridin
          Moridin commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t. Is there any way I can download the manuals for it without purchasing it?

Can't wait to get the NG back, I got a new gaming PC a few weeks ago, which runs MSFS and XPlane perfectly with no stutters, I re-installed P3D on it the other day and it was awful! Lots of stutters and slowdowns, and that was mostly a vanilla install! So I'm not going to spend any more time in P3D and will probably remove it!
        Alan Norris

Comment

• Swaluver88
          Swaluver88 commented
          Editing a comment
          thats odd Alan, i dont have any of those problems in P3D V5.2 hf1

I can't wait to get back on this bird, I am really looking forward to hear how it sounds and vibrates on take-off and landing that is what gives me the most immersion, and the DC-6 does an excellent job at this!
        Enrique Hugo

Comment

Hey so I got a Question, it is not related to systems and that stuff, it is just a superficial one that I know it catches attention of many buyers and sim users, will there be a realistic interior cabin for 737, with the sky interior for the 800s? That would be an awesome detail that would immerse and raise the bar as well. Thank you !!!!

Comment

• Vicinian
            Vicinian commented
            Editing a comment
            Performance might be a concern, so I think it's fair to say you can expect to not see this, unfortunately.

Originally posted by npedraon24 View Post
          Hey so I got a Question, it is not related to systems and that stuff, it is just a superficial one that I know it catches attention of many buyers and sim users, will there be a realistic interior cabin for 737, with the sky interior for the 800s? That would be an awesome detail that would immerse and raise the bar as well. Thank you !!!!
          Welcome to the forums! please sign your name in the signature box.Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

in the years past and this question came up its usually no. The immersion? dont know how that would immerse. If i wanted to be a passenger, i would buy a cheap ticket and fly somewhere for the day and explore. cmakris would have a better idea if that is coming in the future.
          Alex Kulak
          PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

• Vicinian
            Vicinian commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a plane, and planes have cabins. Therefore, it increases immersion.

• npedraon24
            npedraon24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok yea, I totally understand that, I am just conveying if that detail could be a possibility. Thank you.

Thanks for the amazing update Robert.

Seeing the current progress of the 737 in MSFS is really uplifting the spirits. After 12 incredibly long months of slowly starting to regain some aspects of life living with the symptoms of long Covid I'm almost back to having the dexterity and energy to be able to think about flying sims again. Hoping that by the time you release the 737 I'll be up for doing a short CYYZ to KJFK flight to break her in.

I guess right now the question is what will come first the Honeycomb Throttle that's on backorder or the PMDG 737 for MSFS.

But all reality thank you and your team for all the amazing updates and amazing products you make. As someone who's had to spend a lot of time sleeping on the sidelines (funny side note there was a period after I got out of the hospital where I slept more than my cat most days... apparently she'd stare at me for long periods till she'd give in and just curl up with me and sleep too) since September 18th of 2020 (the day I was admit to the hospital and put in a coma for 117 days) and spend all those days since I came home fighting for extra energy, dexterity (both physical and mental) and just the will to keep going. it's things like knowing the PMDG 737, the AH-64 Apache for DCS and the Twin Otter (from the other guys) is coming out in the not far future so it's given a real strive for me to regain my life from the effects of a disease that doctors are still learning about and where some symptoms just don't have a cure yet.. I've been playing flight sims since 1988 and all honesty being forced out of the sim world for a year has given me the ability to reflect back and right now is the most amazing time in over 30 years for simulators (both Civilian and Combat) the computer tech is here the controllers are here and its beautiful to see.

As one of the other folks said in a post earlier in this thread "Take my money Robert" I can't wait to see how beautiful that jet looks at dawn on a cold Canadian winters morning with a little snow in the air.

Thank you again and may ATC always give you first place in the landing queue.
          Dave

PS. I hope I didn't ramble on too much above with the brain fog it's sometimes hard to focus on writings to make sure they flow and make sense so I think the TLDR is Thanks you've kept my spirits up while recovering from covid and take my money dang it
          David Titus
          Veteran, Covid-19 Survivor
          Proudly Canadian

Comment

PMDG staff,

Would you consider adding the military variants of the 737 family to the package, even if its just the visual model?

I miss flying the P-8 .

Jon Bailey
            Jon Bailey

Comment

Once again, fantastic job. I am incredibly excited to make the NG3 my first PMDG product. (not interested in the DC-6 sorry to say) I've even bought a new yoke and throttle quadrant in preparation, and I've been spending the last weeks pouring over reading materials on the 737. Once again, I am extremely excited and I'm looking forward to more screenshots of the cockpit and videos of this majestic bird in flight
              Elijah Meadows

Comment

Originally posted by shortbus74 View Post
                PMDG staff,

Would you consider adding the military variants of the 737 family to the package, even if its just the visual model?

I miss flying the P-8 .

Jon Bailey
                A number of Military VAs would love this, particularly with the P8 being sold to many more countries over the last few years - and more to come.

Probably too much to ask for a Wedgetail though... 🤣
                Trevor Hannant

Comment

Originally posted by shortbus74 View Post
                  Jon, PMDG has said in the past they no longer do visual only models. That said, I seriously doubt Boeing would allow them to do a full systems simulation of their military aircraft.
                  Originally posted by TrevorHannant View Post
                  A number of Military VAs would love this, particularly with the P8 being sold to many more countries over the last few years - and more to come.

Probably too much to ask for a Wedgetail though... 🤣
                  Trevor, you and I were both typing at the exact same time. See above.
                  Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                    Jon, PMDG has said in the past they no longer do visual only models. That said, I seriously doubt Boeing would allow them to do a full systems simulation of their military aircraft.

Trevor, you and I were both typing at the exact same time. See above.
                    As I recall, the P-8 model included with the NGX was actually the visual component of a full systems simulation of the P-8 that was developed for a defense contractor or government customer (don't remember the specifics) for some reason or another, and was included with the NGX as a free visual only model for the sheer hell of it. I don't think the intent was ever to deliver a full system simulation; it seemed to be more of a "we had this model lying around so we included it" sort of deal. Even so, not doing visual only doesn't mean they couldn't *also* do the flight model of the P-8 or Wedgetail and just omit simulating the classified military bits😜 (most of which couldn't be properly simulated in a civilian-oriented sim that doesn't feature weapons).
                    Jonas Wikander

Comment

Originally posted by WIKANDEJ View Post
                      As I recall, the P-8 model included with the NGX was actually the visual component of a full systems simulation of the P-8 that was developed for a defense contractor or government customer (don't remember the specifics) for some reason or another, and was included with the NGX as a free visual only model for the sheer hell of it. I don't think the intent was ever to deliver a full system simulation; it seemed to be more of a "we had this model lying around so we included it" sort of deal. Even so, not doing visual only doesn't mean they couldn't *also* do the flight model of the P-8 or Wedgetail and just omit simulating the classified military bits😜 (most of which couldn't be properly simulated in a civilian-oriented sim that doesn't feature weapons).
                      I wouldn't know, I do remember that both the P-8 and the 747-400LCF were both visual only models when they were previously released and they said they won't do visual only models anymore. As for the flight dynamics, that would involve a licensing agreement with Boeing, which I also doubt Boeing would allow them to do.
                      Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

I assume there will be a Pause at TOD functionality
                        If so, ensure you don't use this MSFS "active pause" which only pause the plane while time continues, day/night light etc shifts.
                        There is a real pause in the developers menu. (Why they put it there I can't tell)
                        Most probably you guys are aware of this, but anyway...

Mats
                        Mats Sederholm

Comment

Originally posted by mseder View Post
                          I assume there will be a Pause at TOD functionality
                          If so, ensure you don't use this MSFS "active pause" which only pause the plane while time continues, day/night light etc shifts.
                          There is a real pause in the developers menu. (Why they put it there I can't tell)
                          Most probably you guys are aware of this, but anyway...

Mats

Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Thank you!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

The pause issue is already raised with Asobo as it affects the DC6 as well. Currently there is no way to actually pause the sim completely especially for the custom made systems like fuel etc.

Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                          PMDG Technical Support
                          http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskcx View Post

Not sure if you had the chance to watch the latest Q&A, but it addresses a few of those issues. Part of what you talk about is the ground friction to flying transition which will get a partial fix (really good head start). It's a long video (about 2 hours), but well worth the watch. There's quite a few aerodynamic fixes coming also in the next update (roughly 3 weeks from now). I would encourage everyone to watch it all the way through.

Obviously RSR can answer to anything that they may have or not have done in the mean time, but MS/ASOBO are making some really great progress on the core features of the sim. It will go all the way through SU8 (massive bug fix) update. WUs will be paused while they fix a lot of the core content and features and smash bugs though next year.

Here's the link: Developer Q&A Twitch Series: September 29th, 2021 - YouTube
                            Hello Jeff, thanks for sharing this video.

But I couldn't find anything about that topic in the SU6 list (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...-live/459829/3).

Could you help me to be more optimistic? Cause it is really hard at the moment.
                            Pedro Guedes

Comment

Thank you Robert for your update. It's exciting to say the least. It must make you proud to showcase the wonderful work your team pulls off time after time after time.

Ever since I've been a PMDG customer, going back more years than i care to remember, time and again when a sim update has come out, or a new version, I've thought "uh oh. that's going to make life hard for PMDG and the other 3rd Party developers." And I've typically felt pessimistic for future of PMDG. And each time, you've amazed most of us by taking full advantage of anything offered in the new version of the platform, and then raising the stakes by extending the new platform into areas hitherto thought of as impossible to simulate.

I have the feeling, based on your posts now, that you're going to stun us yet again with things I never thought possible.

I have spent my working life in and around the IT world and i have seen countless breathless presentations of products that are "almost ready to release" because the marketing people couldn't keep their bloody mouths shut about release dates or features that might or might not be included in the product. In doing so they set themselves up for a fall, and end up being faced with the possiblity of having to release a product not quite ready, or buggy, or else being late to market. All the marketing impact is lost because the primary topic of conversation is why it's late or 'did you hear about the bugs in <new product>?"

I know you resist this temptation, but I just wanted to endorse your approach. I agree, backed by decades of witnessing product launch failures, that it's better to let them pester about when its going to be out or what the pricing is going to be or whether <feature> is going to be in it on release date, and keep your marketing powder dry until you are fully ready. "The release date for <new product> will be when it's ready and not a moment earlier" is a sentence I wish I'd seen many times in the past. Thank you for sticking to this approach yourself. And you have my admiration for being able to keep your team from letting the cat out of the bag too.

As to the product in question, the MSFS B737 - I have all i need to know except the pricing to know I'm going to buy it. I've seen some pictures that are totally stunning. I've had PMDG products before and never EVER felt there were shortcuts taken on your part. I have no doubt whatever you're going to do it again. What more do i need to know?

You're a champion in my book, Robert and your team is outstanding. Head and shoulders above anyone else producing product for the Flight Sim market.

Bravo!!

cheers
                              Mike Kear
                              WIndsor, NSW, Australia.

p.s. will there be a Max variant? LOL

Comment

• Want2BFlyin
                                Want2BFlyin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I agree with you completely. The only thing that will make the launch of the B737 on MSFS better for me is if PMDG were to announce that GFO would be launching alongside it. How about it, Mr. Randazzo? Do you think that could be pulled off?

[Totally not expecting this at all]

Does anyone knows if the 737 will support VR right at the beginning? This bird is going to look amazing in VR!
                              Felipe Turbay

Comment

Looks incredible!! Can't wait for the release!
                                Conor Juarez

Comment

It looks fantastic for sure. Once the dust settles on MSFS2020 and PMDG 737 I'm gonna get a new rig. My current rig used to remind me of the Millennium Falcon from the original Star Wars, "She's not much to look at son, but she's got it where it counts". Now....a 90 year old in a walker on a rainy day could put my once tried and true rig to shame.

Interesting that Mr. RR explicitly mentions in his original post not to bother asking about feature X or Y until they get a little farther into things, and yet....I counted 24 questions to Captain Randazzo just the same.

Mark Trainer

Comment

It looks great, can't wait to fly it in msfs.
                                    Danny Vincken

Comment

Great Bird 737 for the MSFS sim, congrats for Artwork well done, as always been. I will get it as soon as when it is released.
                                      Will be ready the 747 and or 777 as well?
                                      Patricio Valdes

Comment

• Want2BFlyin
                                        Want2BFlyin commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Both the 747 and 777 are planned for MSFS as well. Exactly when is unknown at this time. Patience, my friend.

Hi there,
                                      I have a question about the PMDG 737 in MSFS. So far, no photos of the cockpit have been published.

Prologue:
                                      I bought some home cockpit hardware for the FSX and would like to expand it and use it in MSFS. Yes, the MSFS is (so far) not really suitable for home cockpit builders and as software there may be better alternatives instead of the PMDG 737. So be it.
                                      Now there are a lot of different equipment, especially in the pedestal.

Question:
                                      Is it too outrageous to ask what the PMDG 737 pedestal will look like in the MSFS? I'm not concerned with which panels actually work and with what level of detail. (If there is a weather radar panel shown as a dummy, but it has no function, I don't want to know or don't care. It is only important to me that there is a weather panel.)
                                      It "doesn't have to" be a screenshot. I would be very satisfied with just one textual statement.

I will probably not get a "satisfactory" answer. But: It costs nothing to ask.

Greetings from Germany.
                                      Christian Heins
                                      Last edited by CGPU; 17Oct2021, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by CGPU View Post
                                        Hi there,
                                        I have a question about the PMDG 737 in MSFS. So far, no photos of the cockpit have been published.

Prologue:
                                        I bought some home cockpit hardware for the FSX and would like to expand it and use it in MSFS. Yes, the MSFS is (so far) not really suitable for home cockpit builders and as software there may be better alternatives instead of the PMDG 737. So be it.

Question:
                                        Is it too outrageous to ask what the PMDG 737 pedestal will look like in the MSFS? I'm not concerned with which panels actually work and with what level of detail. (If there is a weather radar panel shown as a dummy, but it has no function, I don't want to know or don't care. It is only important to me that there is a weather panel.)
                                        It "doesn't have to" be a screenshot. I would be very satisfied with just one textual statement.

Greetings from Germany.
                                        Christian
                                        Full names please first and last as per rules.

I am not following your question.... The pedestal is "standard" in the 737. It will be the same as the one in the NGXu
                                        Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                        PMDG Technical Support
                                        http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post
                                          Full names please first and last as per rules.

I am not following your question.... The pedestal is "standard" in the 737. It will be the same as the one in the NGXu
                                          Excuse me. I added to my last name.
                                          https://www.airliners.net/photo/Copa...O3mkEjFbDKg7aU WflZaFxoQn0nDc409MPu2HUbSTLlaF4rSe1cPQpsOIkgG8LfXz RAfxGKtMW7P%2BwdoNfG1B/ch1jyzG0DxnGmdf0CvHExDg%3D%3D
                                          https://www.airliners.net/photo/Ryan...dutYBGUrCEB22p sPBLaVzoiTpnic409MPu2HWbggg1Tt7TLHaunkU2nEJAMcS/v0iE/CJoaJN3v9g7QK6NqT%2B4j5OWxG0DxlOidf0C9Joxcw%3D%3D
                                          https://www.airliners.net/photo/Alba...O3mkEjFbDKg7aU WflZaFxoQn0nDc409MPu2HUbSTLlaF4rSe1cPQpsOIkgG8LfXz RAfxGKtMW7P%2BwdoNfG1B/ch1jyzG0DxnGmdf0CvHExDg%3D%3D
                                          https://www.airliners.net/photo/Alas...O3mkEjFbDKg7aU WflZaFxoQn0nDc409MPu2HUbSTLlaF4rSe1cPQpsOIkgG8LfXz RAfxGKtMW7P%2BwdoNfG1B/ch1jyzG0DxnGmdf0CvHExDg%3D%3D
                                          https://www.airliners.net/photo/Ryan...O3mkEjFbDKg7aU WflZaFxoQn0nDc409MPu2HUbSTLlaF4rSe1cPQpsOIkgG8LfXz RAfxGKtMW7P%2BwdoNfG1B/ch1jyzG0DxnGmdf0CvHExDg%3D%3D

In my opinion, these five cockpits all come from a 737-800 and you can see that the pedestal looks different in details.

But with the statement "It will be the same as the one in the NGXu" my questions were answered.

Thanks very much! Have a good sunday.
                                          Christian Heins

Comment

I am so excited about this release!!

Last edited by erocfx; 22Oct2021, 04:37.
                                            Eroc Morales

PMDG Hanger - MSFS DC-6

Comment

Originally posted by CGPU View Post
                                              Hi there,

Prologue:

Question:

Greetings from Germany.
                                              Christian Heins
                                              I would expect this to be at least some level of user- dependent. For instance, if you choose to have the HGS installed as an option, you'll also have the HGS control panel appear on the center pedestal. I can't remember what other options there were in the NGx and who knows what the NG3 will include, but there are many possibilities: HF and/or SATCOM installed, a SELCAL panel etc.

Personally, I don't understand the point of including cosmetic, non-functioning items (if you can't do anything with it, why do you care if it's there or not?) and I hope everything works on the NG3 at least to the level of the NGx when it launches, but I guess that's just me.
                                              Andrew Crowley

Comment

Andy- methinks we will be smiling mate. You get that 4th stripe yet?

C
                                                Best- Carl Avari-Cooper

Comment

As long as we get a good SDK at release date, I am happy. Ref.: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...dg-737-in-msfs
                                                  Roar Kristensen
                                                  www.flightsim4fun.com
                                                  Home Cockpit software developer

Comment

Working...
                                                  X