Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[01OCT21] Let's start 4Q21 with some juicy 737 previews, shall we?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fahdriyami View Post
    "easier and less expensive"?

Are we talking about an annual PMDG subscription which gives us access to all aircraft?

I'd actually be interested in that once the entire 7x7 fleet makes it into MSFS.
    Nothing related to subscription.
    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
    PMDG Technical Support
    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

I've noticed that all of the previews of the 737 NG3 have split scimitar winglets. Will the blended winglets be an option?
      Elijah Meadows

Comment

Really looking forward to getting this Aircraft in MSFS 2020. Exciting times for the flight sim community.
        JWalker

Comment

I don't even know what so say, it looks so good, holy cow! Now I am more hyped hahaha
          Enrique Hugo

Comment

hope the ngx comes for the xbox too. would be great to have a smart airliner available. I think there would certainly be some interested parties.
            Regards
            Benjamin Beyer

Comment

Originally posted by ManyPandas View Post
              I've noticed that all of the previews of the 737 NG3 have split scimitar winglets. Will the blended winglets be an option?
              It will be like NGXu, BW, SSW or in case they were offered none
              Chris Makris (Olympic260)
              PMDG Technical Support
              http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Wow Robert what an amazing job you guys are doing at PMDG! I love these 737NG frames, the vertical fin so real that it looks like I am close to it doing a walk around looking for missing static wicks LOL and this engine heat wave reflection just make me smell the jet fuel out this engine, impressive job, wow; well we all know the quality of your jobs the history of PMDG the first 737 and now the NG3 what evolution of engineering. I am very happy to be part of this community that love aviation. Thank you for this update I can start hearing the plane engines taxing to the gate here in YYZ! I cant wait for the release day it totally worth it the wait

Regards to you all at PMDG!
                Rolando Olmo
                Rolando Olmo

Comment

Love it!! The hype is real, really excited for this aircraft. I would just like to get some price information whenever that becomes available. (I know about the 140,- that was initially suggested, but sincee there's been threads about reducing the price because of competitors and whatnot.)
                  Joep Wilmink, Netherlands

Comment

I have been hardly motivated (motivateable ^^) to fly airliners in P3D, all above since MSFS has seen such an impressive performance boost. While P3D certainly became „faster“ too I have a significant difference of almost 15 fps and a 100% difference of scenery loading stutters in the MSFS DC6 to the P3D5 747 which is the best running PMDG Boeing in my hangar. Therefore I have been flying the DC6 almost exclusively for several months now with a couple of GA flights here and there in between. Now with these previews and the optimistic words I‘m absolutely on fire for the (once again) new 737. The DC6 has proven that many things in MSFS, mostly aerodynamically, have either been fixed by Asobo or have had to be understood by the developers to get right and I have enjoyed the DC6 hands on to the fullest. I‘m closing in to 700 hours on my 3rd round-the-world in various directions and now I am so much looking forward to a totally new experience with the 737. I have a feeling that this version will bring us as close to the real world counterpart as it just could be and there will be many many pleasing flights in and out of easier and more difficult airports. I CAN‘T wait to depart from Jackson Hole with the -700 in MSFS
                    i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                    Marc Ehnle

Comment

There we have it - on track and still working hard to get all the right parts in all the right places through this process....I'd have expected nothing less from PMDG. Have to admire the persistence Robert, this project seems especially tricky to navigate with the shifting dev landscape.

I gave in and reinstalled MSFS recently after that last disastrous sim update. Getting to know (and appreciate) the pleasures of the DC-6 all over again make me think that there's hope yet when we see add-ons like that and this upcoming release. When I can finally fly my favorite airliner again in the new sim I know I'll be saying it: "NOW we're flying. THIS is what it's all about".
                      Dan Morand
                      i7-7700k OC 4.8, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2

Comment

• Michael Codd
                        Michael Codd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You were not alone with your experience of the recent MSFS update, Dan, but I suppose it is to be expected in a sim platform that is still relatively new and being regularly updated. I personally think what you said also applies to your admiration for PMDG’s persistence, because it can’t be easy developing a realistic aircraft for MSFS and maintaining such a positive attitude as RSR does when the simulator platform’s own goalposts - over which he might have little or no control of - keep moving. But the future is definitely looking bright because it never ceases to amaze me what PMDG have achieved so far with all of their aircraft; especially when I think back to the early days of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

• Swaluver88
                        Swaluver88 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        With their recent Q&A it sounds like SU6-SU8 will be where the biggest changes will be made to the core. I hope it allows the dev team to make great progress to throw to the beta team, then release it. Its not an easy process where MS had priority of what asobo does before what pmdg ask of asobo to fix.

Thanks for the update and for open professionalism.

Comment

• Vicinian
                        Vicinian commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Robert is such an excellent communicator. We need more of these in the world.

Looks amazing!! are you planning of making a dirty/wear marks version, specially in the cockpit?
                      Gonzalo Yagci

Comment

Reading this from Greece currently on a small break and what a wonderful presentation that was! Very much looking forward to the future progress reports - she looks absolutely spectacular in sim!

Thanks for the update, keep up the great work!

Luke Carter aka British Avgeek

Comment

Originally posted by cirurginn View Post
                          Looks amazing!! are you planning of making a dirty/wear marks version, specially in the cockpit?
                          In the past PMDG usually did one cockpit per model. Usually these cockpits weren't zero hours new, they were definitely used but still they were rather on the clean side. From the pictures and videos which I have seen of RSR's DC3 I think he very much likes a clean and tidy cockpit which is definitely a more welcoming place to work many hours a day. I'm not part of PMDG and can't give any official replies but from history I would expect the same here too. Clean but used. The NGXu (P3D 737) for example has missing rubber caps on the overhead and I think a little bit of dust on the screens and displays.

Also keep in mind the PMDG products are liscenced by Boeing and PMDG receive access to original documentation of these aircraft so they can create this amazing level of detail. But this also includes by contract that Boeing doesn't want to see damaged parts of the airplane and I assume Ketchup, Coffee or footprints on the pedestal is included there. ^^
                          Last edited by Ephedrin; 01Oct2021, 15:00.
                          i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                          Marc Ehnle

Comment

• Ephedrin
                            Ephedrin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Robert, my ketchup-example didn‘t come by chance. When my flying club purchased the WT-9 as a one year old display airplane from the manufacturer they pulled a McDonald‘s fries bag from below the seat 😵‍💫 with a sticky red spot inside..

• Swaluver88
                            Swaluver88 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Where is this even going 🤣

• Ephedrin
                            Ephedrin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Filthy, sticky things on a sheepskin ^^

Looks fantastic, thank you for the update and thank you PMDG for all your hard work. Really looking forward to playing around with this as soon as it comes out.
                          Last edited by ranjoyb; 21Oct2021, 05:26.
                          Intel Core i7 8700K @ 4.8, 32GB 3200Mhz RAM, 10GB RTX 3080

Ranjoy Biswas

Comment

So just to summerize: Asobo gives zero priority to 3d-party developers like PMDG. Maybe they don't have enough capacity, e.g due to the funny Xbox-implementation or, even worth, due to being not interested in the business of 3d-parties and customer wishes, at least if the customers want something more than just sightseeing.
                            PMDG reacts by tinkering with a solution, which might not work again and be obsolete with the next MSFS-update again. Furthermore, PMDG is not even able to show a screenshot from cockpit some weeks prior to the planned release date...

Oh yeah, I will get blocked again for this post, but to be honest, I absolutely can't read any optimism out of RSR's post.

Thomas
                            ✈✈✈✈ Thomas Wenhardt ✈✈✈✈

Comment

• EasternT3
                              EasternT3 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thomas, firstly saying Asobo gives 0 priority is wrong. I can name 2 developers straight away saying they can't release products right now but have spoken to Asobo who are implementing fixes in the next update. All Robert said is sometimes PMDGs and Asobo's development plans don't always add up, this is no surprise as Asobo's main goal is to add and improve every area of the sim. Trust me they will know and see how important 3rd parties are, especially when it comes to the intake from the marketplace.

Secondly, maybe re-read the post, the reason there's no VC shots is because Robert said there's still work ongoing and probably want to wait till it's complete before showing it off...bearing in mind the 737 in "on track" for a Q4 release which could be another 12 weeks and a lot of work can happen in 12 weeks....

• Vicinian
                              Vicinian commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thomas, you are blinded by bitterness. Robert has been praising Asobo for their help throughout all of their development. How you have come to the complete opposite conclusion is beyond me.

Yes, the sim went through massive changes from SU5 but that's normal given the nature of the update. Clearly, MSFS is still being developed heavily, and changes sometimes affect 3rd party development.

And, as EasternT3 commented, your conclusion about the cockpit is also incredibly pessimistic for no reason. What reason do you have to believe that Robert would be lying? Because his explanation makes plenty of sense to me!

• Ephedrin
                              Ephedrin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              typical PMDG show-offs are outside first, then cockpit, then NDA gets lifted from beta testers and the stories and teasers come in, then there are pictures of the aircraft on final approach and then it gets released. Assume the step we're at.

Looking great! My DC-6 is working very well in my two year old system, and I can't wait to have the same experience with the 737, which has been well worth the wait!
                            Luis Linares
                            i9-6700K, GTX 2080Ti, 64GB DDR4

Comment

Just wow! Can’t wait to see the VC!
                              José Francisco Ibáñez Moreno

i7 6700k @ 4,6Ghz // GTX 1080Ti // 16GB RAM // Windows 10 Pro x64

Comment

I will have more information for you on product makeup and pricing in a future update. We have largely settled that in already as we are taking a different approach to product structure in the MSFS environment. I'll have more details on that when the time is right, but our goal is to make it easier and less expensive to add a PMDG airplane to your MSFS hangar.
                                Hi rsrandazzo. I haven't purchased any products for MSFS over $25 USD yet. And I don't own any PMDG products either as of now. But I may consider the PMDG 737 as my first "expensive" purchase in MSFS if the price is right. I know you said last year that the PMDG 737 for MSFS may cost $140 USD. It's good to see that you have rethought the pricing scheme one year later. If you could keep the price below $100 USD for the PMDG 737, that would be great. Of course, the lower the price is below $100 USD, the better. Just my two cents. I have heard so many great things about PMDG airplanes. I really love the Boeing line up you have upcoming in MSFS. Would really love to purchase more of your upcoming airliners for MSFS if the price is reasonable. Cheers.
                                Last edited by tankjohnson; 01Oct2021, 15:33.
                                John Harold

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                  rsrandazzo commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  John- I think you will be pleased with the re-think of pricing. The development of a product line for MSFS has given us a rare chance to re-think many established processes. More to come on that topic at a later date. - RSR

Wow a great post, there's a light at the end of that tunnel.
                                Thanking you all at pmdg !!!!
                                Andrew Bolton

Comment

Thank you for this update! I am so excited for this when it is ready to release

Comment

"Good Things Come to Those Who Wait ..."

The DC-6 was one.

The 737 will obviously be another.

Great work PMDG team!

Many regards,
                                    Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki
                                    Toronto, Canada

Comment

Thanks Robert and team! PMDG aircraft are always my primary airframes to fly, and the quality, attention to detail, and support are top notch! Looking forward to the release!
                                      Jon Richardson
                                      USAF Vet
                                      PPL

Comment

Looks lovely! Thanks for the update, Rob! I've been brushing up in the Zibo in preparation for this, excited is an understatement!
                                        Rob Crawshaw
                                        Photographer | robcrawshawphoto.com
                                        Flight Sim Content Creator | youtube.com/bobbyfuzzy

Comment

Very exciting, can’t wait for this to arrive in MSFS. Thanks for the update 😀
                                          Jeff Hendershot

Comment

Just read this in the school cafeteria, everyone is looking at me odly after the massive yes! I let out. Lets go Robert! We love you!!!
                                            Sam, MSFS Cardiff

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                              rsrandazzo commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Sam - Talking to yourself is going to get you on a list you probably don't want to be on.... LOL - RSR

• MSFS Cardiff
                                              MSFS Cardiff commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              I know robert!!! But when i see something as beautiful as that i cant help it.. hehehe

Sir, it looks... don't know, no words....

If I may... I am good at building computers and fine tuning them (including overclocking), that is why I can still run my own-build 12 years old today at 4.4 MHz with just a GTX 980.... (please guys save your comments)... Up to the recent version 5 of FS20, it was almost imposible to run that sim on my machine, but the new version 5 has allowed me to have "decent" fun with the FBW project...

My question is what is the feeling so far that your team is getting from this beauty in terms of performance demnad? huge, high, decent, low... I don't really ask for a precise answwer, just what the team is sensing in that aspect of the development without getting much in detail and obviously if you feel confortable commenting on.

I have already projected my next PC quite a few months ago, a masive beast I have to say, but the current chip crissis is slowing that project down a bit (so far I only have the case and the PSU 😎), so the reason behind my question is just to make myself a very rough idea about how long it will take for me to taste my beloved NX.

I appreciate if you cannot anwer me, and thank you anyway; I'll just keep waiting and learn it the day is released.

Cheers

Antonio Valcarce

Comment

Great work. I hope the knowledge gained from th737/MSFS project will help you in developing the remaining PMDG planes for MSFS. Once the PMDG 737 is rolled out for MSFS, I will make the switch from P3D to MSFS
                                              Paul Gugliotta

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                                rsrandazzo commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                Paul- DC-6 was the "unstick" for us. 737 will definitely improve the speed with which we can bring the others in... -RSR

Very eager to hop in and begin learning to fly the 737, just as I did with the Aerosoft CRJ. With the help of British AVGeeks tutorials, and others, learning the CRJ was very fun and painless, and im certain it will be the same for this aircraft. This 737 will bring MSFS to a WHOLE new level and im very excited. Thank you for the update PMDG, and keep up the great work. Your product deserves to be priced at $100+ IMO...
                                              Taylor Potter

Comment

rsrandazzo looking good boss and duck? Just walk right through it. There comes to a point where when you work in 100+ degree weather you just [insert bad word] it and walk through it before you get jet blasted across the alley way here in phx 😂. Also probably why I have such a red face most of the time at work.

Hope to see it on my system end soon! Looking good. Can't wait to see the cockpit and cargo bins
                                                Alex Kulak
                                                PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                                  rsrandazzo commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Alex - Been there, done that... Worse knock-over I ever got was a -200ADV at breakaway power. Knocked me flat on my <***> - RSR

• Swaluver88
                                                  Swaluver88 commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Yeah I've seen a couple people roll across the ground. Best one was when I worked at swissport 7ish years ago. We were loading an AKE with 40 bags in it and a 777 blew it off the cart carrying it and into a lav truck. Was a stinky clean up you can say
                                              Working...
                                              X