Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Just some steam i need to vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some steam i need to vent

Dear pilots and staff from PMDG,

My F5 key is going through a lot of pain as i am constantly refreshing the forum and FSELITE hoping for some news on the NG3, so do you have ANYthing you can share? Even a simple response that the progress in developement is going well would make me very happy. And for the people who are going to say: 'It may take a bit more time for PMDG but then you have an awesome product' or 'PMDG is probably also very eager to bring this out', I know, but that story is getting old, very fast to me.

Anyway, thanks in advance! Can't wait!

Tim van Winschoten

Tim I've learned that the "P" in PMDG stand for patience before you know it the NG3 and the 777 will both be out for msfs for years. Time flies just gotta learn not to get stuck in the tunnel vision and focus on other things in life for the time being. That helps A LOT! Trust me
    Alex Kulak
    PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Alex, I thought the 'P' stood for precision, which should explain why the development takes so long haha. Anyway, thank you for the advice, now i can finally sleep well tonight...

Tim van Winschoten

Comment

Alex is correct. I find other things to occupy my time/energy while waiting. I've made this known before in the forums but I wish PMDG would send out an email or push a notice to Twitter, Instagram, or the like to let us know when a product has been released. I consider myself a loyal customer and own every product currently for sale (and the old FSX products) and I would rather hear about a release directly from PMDG without the need to constantly check on the forums or the main page. As it stands, I usually hear about PMDG news from FSElite.

Anyway, enjoy the products you have from PMDG and don't think about the new stuff in the pipeline. It sometimes seems like forever, but normally the wait is worth it. I've rarely had an issue with a new product which I prefer over a rushed product that is loaded with issues.

My five cents
        Will Thomas
        KMDT - Flight Sim 1998 to Present
        P3D, X-Plane, FSX
        Aircraft Painter

USAF Veteran [Aircraft Electrician / Egress Tech]

Comment

They don't issue updates on demand, and even then, the time spent issuing updates means time not spent in development work, so they generally don't do it unless there's something significant.
          Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Kevin Hall
            Kevin Hall commented
            Editing a comment
            Emails from companies announcing new product releases are usually automatic and sent to all store customers who don't opt out. Once set up it would take little time to maintain. I agree it would be a good service and save people hanging around the forum when a release is close.

Do what I do....paint planes while you're waiting...talk about an activity that can make time fly by....🤣
          Been working on this one longer than I want to admit!

GcX64v.jpg
          Regards, Steve Dra
          Click here to download my P3D, FSX, 2004 paints at Avsim
          Click here to downloads my MSFS DC-6 paints on flightsim.to

Comment

• mglan80
            mglan80 commented
            Editing a comment
            Time well spent! Beauty!!

• skyymann
            skyymann commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks amazing!!!

Scott

Get in the 6, and hop back and forth across the Andes…….no AFE…..that should occupy some time……… ^..^ oh and do it at MTOW….
          Harry Blaine GouldAcer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display, Intel i7-9750H, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR4, 1 TB NVMe SSD

Comment

Or just do what I do and just go to work, then you won't have time to fly anyway.
            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Lanica
              Lanica commented
              Editing a comment
              You Sir, are a roll model for America.

• Captain Kevin
              Captain Kevin commented
              Editing a comment
              You might be giving me too much credit here, I'm just an old truck who's trying to do his job. Unfortunately, that job involves very long hours on any given day with very little free time.

• kweyzar
              kweyzar commented
              Editing a comment
              Done my part.....twice....now just relax....you'll get there.....whether you plan to or not.....

Originally posted by Tim9911 View Post
            Alex, I thought the 'P' stood for precision, which should explain why the development takes so long haha. Anyway, thank you for the advice, now i can finally sleep well tonight...

Tim van Winschoten
            For me the P stands for P3DV5 in which I just flew a Southwest flight from KHOU to KFLL in the NGXu and had a splendid time! No waiting for me for NG3 in MSFS . Lovin’ what I have.
            Victor Green

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, the next update is the new LNAV logics on 747s, anything else can wait in line.
              Ross Emanuel

Comment

There is a lot in the queue right now. PMDG only makes a statement when there is something to say. So when there is something relevant that the community needs to know Rob will say it. One thing I have learned as part of the Beta team is when things go quiet GET READY. That means the coders are head down busting ass.

As far as the silence, that's a good thing. It means the work is getting done.
                Charles Harris KRTS The Valley of Speed
                ASUS ROG Strix B550-F, Ryzen 5800X, 1TB 970 Neo M2,1TB SSD, RX 5700XT 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3600

Comment

My F5 key is going through a lot of pain as i am constantly refreshing the forum and FSELITE hoping for some news on the NG3, so do you have ANYthing you can share? Even a simple response that the progress in developement is going well would make me very happy. And for the people who are going to say: 'It may take a bit more time for PMDG but then you have an awesome product' or 'PMDG is probably also very eager to bring this out', I know, but that story is getting old, very fast to me.

Tim van Winschoten
                  Your F5 at NG3 release will be like
                  images (8).jpeg

Just have patience, fly the beautiful DC6 until there, or fly P3D.​​​​​​ Better wait than get some bugged/glittched plane, like some many out there.
                  Kind regards,
                  Leandro Schmitt

@SBNF

Comment

Fly around the world in the DC-6 visiting every continent, country and capital city. That will really keep you occupied.

My current progress:

Attached Files
                    Ian Watkins - (DNBOF in the air)

Comment

What the hell is MSFS?? :-)

Scott
                    Kendall Scott Mann
                    Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!!

Comment

Twenty years as a loyal customer have shown me PMDG always makes previews and products well worth the wait.
                      Luis Linares
                      i9-6700K, GTX 2080Ti, 64GB DDR4

Comment

What's wrong with NGXU and P3D? For an XP flyer coming over to P3D was pain enough. I sort it all out now, P3D is stable and okayish looking. Part of me is not really looking forward to the pain of dealing of tinkering with yet another convoluted sim platform. I wanted P3D gone but SU5 of MSFS dampened my enthusiasm quite a bit. I vote for round 2 of PMDG for XP next gen .
                        Aleks Matrosov

Comment

Remap F5 to F6.
                          Charlie Goulding

I9-9900K Clocked to 5.0GHZ, KRAKEN Water Cooled, NVIDIA RTX2080 Super, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel Memory, 2 M2 500GB SSD's, AUROS Z390 Mother Board, 1 x Samsung 860 QVO 2TB Solid State Drive (up to 550MB/s R | 520MB/s W) in a NZKT Frame.

Comment

They way I'm looking at things

P3D/XPL: stable and great for IFR
                            MSFS: experimental and more for vfr than ifr
                            Last edited by Swaluver88; 23Aug2021, 03:47.
                            Alex Kulak
                            PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

• CaptainAghdaei
                              CaptainAghdaei commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Truer words have never been spoken

Originally posted by skyymann View Post
                            What the hell is MSFS?? :-)

Scott
                            Typical Microsoft propaganda.
                            Will Thomas
                            KMDT - Flight Sim 1998 to Present
                            P3D, X-Plane, FSX
                            Aircraft Painter

USAF Veteran [Aircraft Electrician / Egress Tech]

Comment

I agree with the organel post, it is geting old we should get some sort of up date.

regards
                              Nathaniel mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by matrosov View Post
                                What's wrong with NGXU and P3D? For an XP flyer coming over to P3D was pain enough. I sort it all out now, P3D is stable and okayish looking. Part of me is not really looking forward to the pain of dealing of tinkering with yet another convoluted sim platform. I wanted P3D gone but SU5 of MSFS dampened my enthusiasm quite a bit. I vote for round 2 of PMDG for XP next gen .
                                I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the NGXu and P3D. All I'll say is some people have opted to skip P3D altogether in anticipation of MSFS. It probably wouldn't be worth it to then get P3D and the NGXu at that point, depending on how often they intend to fly it.
                                Originally posted by nat37 View Post
                                I agree with the organel post, it is geting old we should get some sort of up date.
                                The last time a bunch of people demanded an update, this happened:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...ide-the-pastry
                                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• PopsBellNC
                                  PopsBellNC commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  A GREAT example to read - please click the link Capt. Kevin provided above.

Tim van Winschoten
                                As much as I would love to see an update, I would rather wait on this one. This is the one product I don't want to see turn out to be a half baked work in progress with promises of future updates to give us basic functionality. If that means the team has to sit on it, so be it. Got to have some patience.
                                Chase Stigberg - KRIC
                                Intel i9 9900k OC 5GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - 7 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU

Comment

Yes it would be nice to get some sort of up date. At least approximate date you plan to release 737. Is it this year or next one?

Sicerely
                                  Jan Sid

Comment

Originally posted by Jsid87 View Post
                                    Yes it would be nice to get some sort of up date. At least approximate date you plan to release 737. Is it this year or next one?

Sicerely
                                    Jan Sid
                                    They've already made posts announcing the approximate date for release of the NG3... Q4.
                                    Chase Stigberg - KRIC
                                    Intel i9 9900k OC 5GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - 7 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU

Comment

And given the usual delays, I would think Q1-2 of 2022 is more likely.
                                      Bob Zolto

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Z View Post
                                        And given the usual delays, I would think Q1-2 of 2022 is more likely.
                                        Agreed. Seems more feasible.
                                        Chase Stigberg - KRIC

Comment

Ahem NO.

Rob will post when it matters and not until. Any of us who have been around the flight sim community know what happens when a developer puts something out there and then the world shifts. People will go back to something that was posted a year before and do the "You promised..." thing. Even those of us on the Beta team had no idea that the DC-6 for MSFS was even in the pipeline until we were told to get ready to test on the new platform. There is a reason we are under NDA. The same thing happened not that long ago. MSFS 2020 was announced and P3D did a major update at the same time. There were those who went back before those two events and fragged Rob for statement made before then. I amazed that Rob will say as much as he does with the inflammatory nature of the sim community. Don't believe me check out some of the other sim forums. The amount of bile is staggering.

The last MSFS update completely kicked over the apple cart. We thought we were done with that project and bam back to testing the DC-6 So work on one project might have had to be halted to fix what was just broken beyond the will or control of PMDG.

Right now PMDG has this on it's plate:

Fix the LNAV for all Boing products all platforms( Yes the LNAV fix will have to go into MSFS as well)
                                          Update DC-6 for P3D
                                          GFO for P3D (MSFS???)
                                          NG3 for MSFS
                                          777 for MSFS
                                          747 for MSFS

Keep in mind that changes to one of the Boeing airframes usually mean that those changes affect all. So for the Coders and Beta team that means a separate test cycle for each individual aircraft and variant. So that's 4 777s, 9 747s and 21 737s.

When it's quiet that means things are being worked on. That's a good thing.

Charles Harris KRTS The Valley of Speed
                                          ASUS ROG Strix B550-F, Ryzen 5800X, 1TB 970 Neo M2,1TB SSD, RX 5700XT 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3600

Comment

• DDowns
                                            DDowns commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            You forgot the 777 VC Cockpit Update and no one has declared the JS-4100 dead yet.....comatose maybe but not dead.

• Tbarker1989
                                            Tbarker1989 commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Forgot the unannounced project as well.

• Swaluver88
                                            Swaluver88 commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Unannounced project = a falcon50?
                                            Pulled out of my [beep]

Maybe Rob will be a surprise guest speaker during MS/Asobo's Dev Q&A Twitch stream next week with a preview of NG3.
                                          Charlie Simons

Comment

Charlie-

I may actually be the last person on the planet that they would invite to be a guest on their stream. Okay- perhaps maybe second-to-last if you include Tim Cook...

Robert S. Randazzo
                                            PMDG Simulations
                                            http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                                              Charlie-

I may actually be the last person on the planet that they would invite to be a guest on their stream. Okay- perhaps maybe second-to-last if you include Tim Cook...
                                              Until today that was 😉 Was nice seeing you there!
                                              Tomas Hoste

Comment

Working...
                                              X