Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[31JUL21] PMDG DC-6 Updated to v2.00.0035 via PMDG Operations Center

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[31JUL21] PMDG DC-6 Updated to v2.00.0035 via PMDG Operations Center

Captains,

A few moments ago we released another update for the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS via the Operations Center.

This update is primarily targeted at visual aspects of the PMDG DC-6 that were incorrectly exported in build 33, but also includes a couple of minor fixes in our ongoing maintenance of the product and curative efforts for some of the things that changed with the large MSFS platform update released this week.

I mentioned in in my post earlier this week that PMDG was admitted to the test program for the new MSFS update with only a few days to prep the DC-6 for the transition. We missed some key documentation changes related to Asobo's SDK, and this caused us to accidentally export the DC-6 cockpit at lower resolution than normal, which created some really bad visuals in the VC. This update cures that problem by putting the cockpit back to the correct resolution.

We have implemented something that we *think* fixes the problem of the randomly spinning volume knob on the Asobo GPS used in the DC-6. We aren't sure why that knob is an issue, but we were able to implement a way to make it stop spinning, which then unsticks the AFE who was getting hung up by that particular artifact.

Also included in this update:
    * Level-of-detail (LOD) fixes for the exterior
    * Overhauled the cabin heating/cooling system for correctness
    * Cabin pressurization fixes
    * Engine health display fixes

We have other items we are still working on, but thought it was important to get you this update in time for your weekend flying!

One last item I want to touch on: I mentioned in my previous post that we had reported back to Asobo that in their last build prior to platform update, we saw a significant drop in performance in the DC-6. Continuing discussion with Asobo has shown that we weren't not imagining this change- there was indeed a change made to the release version of the MSFS platform that took performance away from the DC-6.

Asobo indicated that they turned off a particular rendering channel because it needed more time in development to solve a few problems, and it just happens that the DC-6 benefits significantly from this particular channel- hence we saw the loss of performance in the release build. The good news, however, is that they were able to resolve the issues they were experiencing, and this channel is expected to be reactivated in a subsequent update from Asobo- and then you will see a pretty significant boost in performance with the DC-6.

So- good things still to come!

We hope you all have a very nice weekend,
    Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
    The good news, however, is that they were able to resolve the issues they were experiencing, and this channel is expected to be reactivated in a subsequent update from Asobo- and then you will see a pretty significant boost in performance with the DC-6.
    Looking forwards to it! Hopefully they'll have resolved the air temperature issue in the same update so I can go back to my regular flying.
    Cesar Perez

Comment

Can you address the inability for some users to turn on the gyropilot?

I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong, it worked a treat in SU4. And I have reinstalled the aircraft twice. It could have to do with the inverter changes mentioned in the latest update? If anyone can let me know what I'm doing wrong I'd really appreciate and learn from it. The gyropilot main switch will NOT move up 99% of the time I try it, it only works intermittently.

Regards,
      William Bomfrein
      Last edited by bf03; 31Jul2021, 04:51.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
        rsrandazzo commented
        Editing a comment
        William- We are not seeing widespread reports of problems, which usually happens if there is a problem/nonconformity in the software. It could be a couple of things. Have you tried setting the autopilot engagement limits to the easy setting to see if that cures the issue? If it does- that would indiicate to me that you have a control deflection going on that is large enough that it is triggering the "out of balance" limiter and kicking the gyropilot off.... - RSR

Awesome bday gift for me
      Alex Kulak
      PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

• rsrandazzo
        rsrandazzo commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Birthday. You have no idea how hard it was to ensure we did this in your honor. LOL - RSR

This is some great news. Always impressed by the amazing support of PMDG! Keep up the great work!
      Brian Kromer

Comment

Thanks for another wonderful update and great support as always. What a wonderful plane! Will be good to see this whole Update 5 fiasco with MSFS to get ironed out so we can all go back to doing what we are here to do, fly.

-- John Spedding

Comment

Originally posted by bf03 View Post
          Can you address the inability for some users to turn on the gyropilot?

I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong, it worked a treat in SU4. And I have reinstalled the aircraft twice. It could have to do with the inverter changes mentioned in the latest update? If anyone can let me know what I'm doing wrong I'd really appreciate and learn from it. The gyropilot main switch will NOT move up 99% of the time I try it, it only works intermittently.

Regards,
          William Bomfrein
          If you mean the left switch above fuel and carb levers. You have to have mechanical switch off, turnwheel centered and function selector set to most left meaning the gyro position. After you have all those set, you can move the switch up. If there is an error while using it, you have to reset everything again to start using it.
          Riku Tuhkanen

Comment

Originally posted by Persojet View Post

If you mean the left switch above fuel and carb levers. You have to have mechanical switch off, turnwheel centered and function selector set to most left meaning the gyro position. After you have all those set, you can move the switch up. If there is an error while using it, you have to reset everything again to start using it.
            Thanks for the reply, I made sure the turnwheel was centered, function to gyropilot, and clutch off. However it still would not engage. However at Mr. Randazzo's suggestion I tried turning realistic AP engagement off and it works fine. I'm still not sure what I am doing wrong, but no worries now.

Comment

rsrandazzo you guys are simply amazing! PMDG sets the bar for everyone in development for quality, reliability, accuracy, and service!
              Warmest Regards,
              -Jim Engelke

Comment

Many thanks for the update and patch Rob, just in time for the weekend.

Nice to see the cockpit textures make a welcome return, I can also confirm the spinning GPS dial is cured as is the external skin model on my install, she now has her cockpit door back and all is good.

Only thing I did notice, which you may already be aware of, is the external position lights and the flashing beacon light still don't work from an external view point. Landing lights do work great though.

Once again great work, and many thanks to you and the team at PMDG for all your support, dedication and timely updates. Much appreciated.
                Pete Simpson
                EGTC

Comment

I got the spinning volume dial still when I swapped to radios and then back to GPS :/ still great job on the updates, keep em coming!

Can't wait to get on the 737 or even see it in action on the YouTube channel
                  Riku Tuhkanen

Comment

737 closer now????

Last edited by MSFS Cardiff; 31Jul2021, 18:10.
                    Sam, MSFS Cardiff

Comment

• Sandhill
                      Sandhill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      On topic award

Thanks, GREAT work!
                    St3ve Elder

Comment

This is great news our VC looks much better Thank you for this update PMDG Team! however, I got a problem with Pan American livery she does not want to work. The engines do not start up so this update didn't fix it?? Do you guys have this livery installed and have the same problem?

Regards,
                      Rolando
                      Rolando Olmo

Comment

Originally posted by PelicanEagle View Post
                        This is great news our VC looks much better Thank you for this update PMDG Team! however, I got a problem with Pan American livery she does not want to work. The engines do not start up so this update didn't fix it?? Do you guys have this livery installed and have the same problem?

Regards,
                        Rolando
                        Did you try repairing the engines? The livery is just a "skin" the code is the same for all planes.
                        Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by bf03 View Post

Thanks for the reply, I made sure the turnwheel was centered, function to gyropilot, and clutch off. However it still would not engage. However at Mr. Randazzo's suggestion I tried turning realistic AP engagement off and it works fine. I'm still not sure what I am doing wrong, but no worries now.
                          In "realistic AP engagement" mode there is also to so-called erection cycle that lasts two minutes after power is supplied. The gyropilot switch will not engage during that two minute period.
                          Regards,
                          Chris

Chris Powell
                          PMDG Simulations

Comment

Thankyou for the update Robert and team great news.
                            Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

Originally posted by cbpowell View Post
                              there is also to so-called erection cycle
                              I'm sorry, I have to ask, they actually call it that? Oh, dear.
                              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• DDowns
                                DDowns commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Alright young man, of course it refers to the time it takes for a gyroscope to spin up and become rigid. What else could it be?

• Captain Kevin
                                Captain Kevin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Probably not a question you want to be asking.

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                              I'm sorry, I have to ask, they actually call it that? Oh, dear.
                              Yes they do...
                              Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                              PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by cbpowell View Post

In "realistic AP engagement" mode there is also to so-called erection cycle that lasts two minutes after power is supplied. The gyropilot switch will not engage during that two minute period.
                                What do you mean by, “after power is supplied”?
                                Cesar Perez

Comment

Originally posted by Vicinian View Post

What do you mean by, “after power is supplied”?
                                  The Sperry A-12 autopilot uses AC power, and it is supplied by Inverter #2. So from the time the inverter is turned on (and it has DC power) it takes two minutes for the AP to become operational ready.
                                  Dan Downs KCRP
                                  i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 2080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by DDowns View Post

The Sperry A-12 autopilot uses AC power, and it is supplied by Inverter #2. So from the time the inverter is turned on (and it has DC power) it takes two minutes for the AP to become operational ready.
                                    Ahh alright. Thanks for the help! Unfortunately it seems this countdown happens also when starting your flight in the air, where the system has already been receiving power presumably for longer than 2 minutes. Hopefully this will be addressed at some point.
                                    Cesar Perez

Comment

• DDowns
                                      DDowns commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      If you put it on a support ticket the odds are higher it will be.

• Vicinian
                                      Vicinian commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      That’s a good point, I’ll do that.

After MSFS and DC-6 updates I see a rectangle spot pink color from the Cockpit. Is it normal?
                                    Patricio Valdes
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• tushka
                                      tushka commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      This is where the aircraft registration is usually displayed. Try to re-install the specific livery in order to fix it, as it could be related to this

Found a missing texture to fix the aircraft registration of the LAN livery.

Patricio Valdes
                                    Attached Files

Comment

used the Ops Center but no update showing there..

David

Comment

I see there is to be another hotfix released from Asobo either Friday this week or Monday next week.

Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Is there any info from Asobo regarding the reactivation of the rendering channel with this hotfix that affects our DC-6 performance? They mentioned the CRJ issue in the post, but nothing regarding the DC-6.
                                        Pete Simpson
                                        EGTC

Comment

The Gyropilot and Garmin1000 Nav system (analog/digital) in an old AP system; wow PMDG does this very well indeed!, but I bet you this is not easy to make in real time to coupling OLD sinchros sensing (RVDTs, LVDTs) and Garmin GPS Nav systems. Lot of problems in an avionics Old Vdc to Inverters systems for Engineers to fix it. I love it, how PMDG emulates this old tech into the digital Nav system. I think those planes in the grandpa's time, they used lot of vaccum tubes Transistors and Diodes LOL where you have to WAIT LONG time for them to work! (I remember my TV set back in the 70's waiting for the screen to be alive) This is in response to some great comments about Gyropilots in this threat it is amazing how to simulate this great old planes as realistic they were when most of us were not born yet LOL

Regards,
                                          Rolando
                                          Rolando Olmo

Comment

• DDowns
                                            DDowns commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            No transistors or diodes in the aircraft (other than the newish radios and transponder). Diodes in this vintage were vacuum tubes, I think selenium rectifiers were around, but unreliable. Silicon diodes came along in the 60s.

Waiting for 737!!!😃😃😃

Comment

I need the 737 in my life, would love to see it working or even mor pictures, after asbos mess, we could do with an uplift

Regards
                                            Nathaniel

Comment

Working...
                                            X