Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[28JUL21] PMDG DC-6 for MSFS Build 2.00.0033 is available - ensures forward compatibility with MSFS after Performance Plus Update from Microsoft/Asobo

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[28JUL21] PMDG DC-6 for MSFS Build 2.00.0033 is available - ensures forward compatibility with MSFS after Performance Plus Update from Microsoft/Asobo

Captains,

As mentioned in last night's NOTAM, we have released an update for the PMDG DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator tonight. The update is available to you now via the PMDG Operations Center.

This update was driven *primarily* by the need to update the product in order to ensure compatibility with MSFS after the platform's significant update that was released on 27JUL21 by Asobo/Microsoft. The platform changes driven by it's continued development caused many breaking changes that required modifications to the PMDG DC-6 in order to ensure compatibility and smooth operation of the airplane within the sim environment.

Listing these breaking changes is a bit beyond the scope of what I want to do here as they are mostly irrelevant to all of us who are end-users. What matters is that changes were made to continue compatibility.

That being said, we have the development team standing by to see how the DC-6 does in the new environment because we are nearly certain that some issues will have slipped by our notice, as we were unable to give the DC-6 a proper test cycle in the new MSFS environment. We apologize for this, as normally we like to thoroughly test releases before handing them to you, but we were only invited into the MSFS testing environment for the new update when it was within days of release to you. Thus our effort to catalog/research/fix problems ran essentially from Wednesday-to-Friday of last week with us handing a laundry list of problems off to our friends at Asobo beginning on Friday morning.

Amazingly in spite of our late addition to their test process, Asobo took our reports and was able to work in fixes for the issues we reported back to them on Friday morning. The spirit of cooperation from Asobo to act on these reports so very late in their development cycle is worth calling out with an ovation. We tend not to communicate with them often, but it speaks volumes of them that they are universally responsive and helpful- so I want to thank them for that publicly.

In the midst of all these changes, we also wrapped in a few other changes from our collection of service reports. That list follows here:

PMDG DC-6 for MSFS (v2.00.0033 Released 28JUL21)
    ========================================
    0010099: [External Model - Liveries] Paintkit Landing Gear Door Texture Mis-Mapped (jbrown)
    0010115: [External Model - Liveries] 6-BP Right Door Glass (jbrown)
    0010108: [Suggested/Missing Features] Tablet changes for color blind users (hvanrensburg)
    0010110: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Display issues in Bendix radios - Sim Update V (hvanrensburg)
    0010106: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] Seconds hand overlaps the hours hand at the clock (vscimone)
    0010101: [Documentation] POH - radios on during engine start (hvanrensburg)
    0010078: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Props wind milling slowly after shutdown in moderate winds. (hvanrensburg)
    0010088: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] CLOCK- behavior change after selecting Sim Acceleration X4 (hvanrensburg)

We anticipate we will probably have another cleanup update here shortly to deal with any other platform-change related loose ends that may appear. Then, I hope to begin showing you the PMDG 737 for MSFS that is preparing to enter the testing environment itself.

Exciting times ahead, everyone! Thank you so much for your continued support of our products- we do very much appreciate it.
    Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Quick flight went really well. Great job!
    Luis Linares
    i9-6700K, GTX 2080Ti, 64GB DDR4

Comment

Is it just on my end or are the exterior lights not working? Only the landing lights are working for me. Position and Beacon are not.

Comment

• Mathias
        Mathias commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the same problem, and my copilot has disappeared from the outside, but the Aerosoft CRJ and JFPiper have the same problem

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
      Then, I hope to begin showing you the PMDG 737 for MSFS that is preparing to enter the testing environment itself.
      FINALLYYYYYY!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH I COULD SCREAM RIGHT NOW.
      Cesar Perez

Comment

Hi
        I wanna know if I have to remove dc-6 in community folder before update

Tieyuan Sun

Comment

Originally posted by Tieyuan Sun View Post
          Hi
          I wanna know if I have to remove dc-6 in community folder before update

Tieyuan Sun
          Not needed. You can leave it.
          Chris Makris (Olympic260)
          PMDG Technical Support

Comment

We anticipate we will probably have another cleanup update here shortly to deal with any other platform-change related loose ends that may appear. Then, I hope to begin showing you the PMDG 737 for MSFS that is preparing to enter the testing environment itself.
            I almost don't dare to ask, but is there anything on the horizon for that other platform?

Comment

• gaab
              gaab commented
              Editing a comment
              Zero day update for MSFS,
              How many years for Prepar3D ?

Gérard Benéteau - very sad...

Reading this it‘s amazing how Asobo show their dedication to that sim. When it was released in August, most people including me thought they would have been the totally weong choice for a product like that sim. But at least when it comes to me I really came around. They are probably one of the most to-be-respected developers in the gaming industry. They started with a flying game, acknowledged the massive presence of a huge community after the release, agreed that they had no idea about aviation and how an aircraft flys and since then they have learned and worked on that sim. Can‘t wait to try out the sim update and the DC6 today.
            i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
            Marc Ehnle

Comment

• Swaluver88
              Swaluver88 commented
              Editing a comment
              Every developer should be respected that makes quality products

• matrosov
              matrosov commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I didn't come around on them at all. They are means to an end to get rid of the other monstrosity so I can continue to fly PMDG planes and PMDG planes only in an environment that resembles modern software. As far as accolades go they were charging over hundred dollars for a software that was broken beyond recognition and then took a year to get that software up to snuff while still charging over 100 dollars for it. All the while releasing pretty scenery on a daily basis vs addressing core issues. Ant that is with them having access to MS's institutional memory of what proper sim should look like. Ethical, proper and honest is what PMDG does when releasing their software that costs triple digits. Biggest problem with T7 IIRC was the animation of the fan blade and that was fixed in two days time, that's ethical and that's what inspires brand loyalty. That's why I bought DC6 for FS to support that level of development effort and to reward that type of honesty even though I am totally indifferent to old airliners.
              Last edited by matrosov; 28Jul2021, 15:34.

BIG Thank You for implementing the new icons on the tablet Engine Stress Visualizer !!!!
            Pieter Baasje

Comment

Originally posted by StachM View Post

I almost don't dare to ask, but is there anything on the horizon for that other platform?
              What, X-plane? (yes, yes I did go there ) I’m hanging on until the NG3 can replace my Zibo
              Alaister Kay

Comment

• StachM
                StachM commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha 😆 yeah, that one exists as well… what a time to be alive.

• matrosov
                matrosov commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing can replace my zibo . But NGX flying in FS means that I'm one step closer to uninstalling P3D and enjoying my T7 and QOS in something that actually has some semblance of proper UI, integrated environment and is not spread all over my hard drive . Super fun times ahead. Aerobask Flcon 8x on top of Inibuilds A310 on top of full toliss family from A.319 to 340 on top of FF's 57-67 in XP on top of PMDG T7 and QOS. in FS. I'm drooling.

• matrosov
                matrosov commented
                Editing a comment
                Are we allowed to bet and speculate as to when 738 be released for FS? I bet it'll be after sim update 6 in September.

Could someone explain if this phase (testing environment) is the same thing as beta phase?
              José Luís
              |Flightsimulator: MSFS (2020) | Weather Engine: | MSFS default | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | Tools: SimToolkitPro | Self-Loading Cargo |

Comment

Originally posted by jluis View Post

Could someone explain if this phase (testing environment) is the same thing as beta phase?
                Testing enviroment is Alpha followed by Beta.
                PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Thx for the update, but the Garmin GNS 430 is not working anymore.
                  backlight are working but when i turn the 'C' and 'V' knobs nothing appear on the screen.
                  I precise that the generators are ON, engines ON, etc...
                  Gil Marras

Comment

Originally posted by Gil Marras View Post
                    Thx for the update, but the Garmin GNS 430 is not working anymore.
                    backlight are working but when i turn the 'C' and 'V' knobs nothing appear on the screen.
                    I precise that the generators are ON, engines ON, etc...
                    Default GNS or the mod one?

make sure no key bindings exist for the default avionics switches.
                    PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• Peter Clark
                      Peter Clark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FWIW, the GNS430/530 mod also released an update yesterday afternoon. It would need to be updated as well if anyone’s running the mod and hasn’t gotten the new version yet.

The Default one, but it was a keybind work normally now.
                    Thx Chris.
                    Gil Marras

Comment

Is this supposed to be part of the update lol? I think that the liveries need to be updated because only the pmdg house livery works.

Lars Trone
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Larst; 29Jul2021, 02:45.
                      Lars Trone

Comment

Originally posted by Larst View Post
                        Is this supposed to be part of the update lol? I think that the liveries need to be updated because only the pmdg house livery works.

Lars Trone
                        That's the Grateful Dead DC-6. 😉
                        Matthew Scott @ KSBP (controlled) and KPRB (uncontrolled) - PPL since 1978
                        5600X; X570; 5700XT; 32GB RAM; 1TB Gen 4 SSD - T.16000 M FCS + TWCS Throttle

Comment

One thing I'd like to mention is performance. In New York at JFK in the DC-6 I get 20-30 fps. Compare that to 50-60 with no stutter when flying the FBW a320. I know that the DC-6 is probably more complex, but is there any way to optimize the aircraft to get at least a consistent 30 fps because it's borderline unplayable.
                          Lars Trone

Comment

• Fortn00b15
                            Fortn00b15 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I was seeing only 20-30 fps at KIND (no mods) which gets minimal traffic in the sim right now compared to JFK. I do agreee the DC-6 is super complex and a great product but I'd love to see that FPS at least consistently over 30.

Working great so far, Only issue I seem to have is my #1 engine after flying awhile changes prop pitch on it's own. It's running 110 BMEP while the other 3 are running 150. All the engines are linked. BTW, Thank you guys for adding some of this old tin back into the Sim... To many shiny new toys out there for this old timer. A C-130 would be great

Comment

I also had the No1 engine prop issue yesterday. I ran a repair on it after landing but it didn't seem to fix anything. When I shut the engine down the prop was in a feathered position, which remained following the repair. I even restarted the engine, then shut it down. Prop was still feathered. I got it to clear by exiting the aircraft and re-loading it in.

As others have said I also have noticed a decrease in cockpit textures, it was perfect prior to SU5.

Hoping for a fix from either PMDG or Asobo soon!.
                            Pete Simpson
                            EGTC

Comment

• cna
                              cna commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I also noticed blurry textures in the cockpit, I though that was just how the product came. I have only used it since SU5. I also hope they increase the performance. I get close to 60 FPS in all airliners after SU5 which is amazing. Wish that translated to the DC-6.

PMDG TEAM!

Thank you for this up date she looks fantastic in the sky!
                            Rolando Olmo

Comment

Thank you!

Do you think there will be an option to not being forced to update instantly? (The MSFS)
                              Josef Kolb

PMDG B737-600 to -900/747-400/747-8/777-200LR/777-300ER

Comment

Load times and blurry cockpit textures were fixed with a game restart. So scratch that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocobellomann View Post
                                  Thank you!

Do you think there will be an option to not being forced to update instantly? (The MSFS)
                                  No. It's part of using an 'always connected' sim, that streams the 2.5 Petabytes of world data to you. You need to be on the same version as the servers to make sure everything works right. It has its downsides, but not having to store 2.5 Petabytes worth of ortho data is worth the trade-off on patch days for me
                                  Mart Jansen

Comment

Hi guys, would any of you know roughly how long the cleanup update will take. I'm just very excited for the 737! Sorry if i am being a pain😐
                                    Sam, MSFS Cardiff

Comment

Working...
                                    X