Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[14JUL21] New (Bastille Day!) Update for the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[14JUL21] New (Bastille Day!) Update for the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS

Captains,

A few moments ago, we issued a new update for the PMDG DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This update, like the previous updates, is available to you via the PMDG Operations Center.

This update is focused on some improvements to performance and enhancements in usability based upon feedback from users now that the product is in such wide operation.

The Highlights:
    - Automated Flight Engineer's audio now has his own volume channel tied to the Aircraft Miscellaneous slider
    - A/C inverter logic and certain A/C powered instruments reworked/remodeled/corrected
    - Improved hardware support
    - Fit-and-finish items around the virtual cockpit
    - Visual tidying of the cabin and exterior models

Change Log Items for this build:

0009963: [Suggested/Missing Features] AFE needs sound slider to increase volume (hvanrensburg)
    0009967: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] RTM- Inverter and Generator Click Spots need position indicators (hvanrensburg)
    0009970: [Suggested/Missing Features] Additional External Camera views (jbrown)
    0009975: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Bendix King ADF timer won't switch to hours (hvanrensburg)
    0010050: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] AFE Before Start flow does not close doors (hvanrensburg)
    0010051: [External Model - Lighting] Landing Lights and wing light glass cover is solid white. (jbrown)
    0010052: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Throttle speed movement with gamepad controller very slow (cbpowell)
    0010053: [External Model - Geometry] Front cabin seats strange texture (jbrown)
    0010054: [Unsure] Default view for Tablet view (control 0) is off center (jbrown)
    0010059: [Documentation] Incorrect schematics of fuel system management in POH (hvanrensburg)
    0010061: [External Model - Geometry] Cargo boxes in DC-6A main cargo deck appear/disappear on LOD1 (jbrown)
    0010062: [Documentation] Tutorials 1 and 2 Tablet and other info needs to be updated (hvanrensburg)
    0010063: [External Model - Geometry] Strange Ice Artifact around captain and FO window frame in VC view. (jbrown)
    0010064: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Inverters and A/C electrical system are mis-modeled (with associated instrument power errors) (cbpowell)
    0010068: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Battery overcharges without boundary (cbpowell)
    0010070: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Click-spots randomly activating (hvanrensburg)
    0010071: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Cowl flap selector doesn't line up with the numbers around the dial. (hvanrensburg)
    0010072: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] AC Voltmeter tool tip should be "AC Voltmeter" not "AC Voltmeter Eng Inst" (hvanrensburg)
    0010073: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] Add dynamic tool tips to Inverter switches "No. X/NORMAL", "OFF", "STBY" (hvanrensburg)
    0010074: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Engine instruments should not be operational on emergency inverter (cbpowell)
    0010075: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Emergency inverter does not obey its circuit breaker (cbpowell)
    0010076: [Sounds] Emergency inverter sound does not cease if its CB is tripped (hvanrensburg)
    0010077: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] F1-F4 keys are hard-bound to throttle movement and cannot be reassigned (cbpowell)
    0010078: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Shutdown- Props still moving (hvanrensburg)

We have more changes that we are prepping to hand off to our testers, and we'll pass those along to you once they are tested. We are also beginning to map out unveiling our next release for MSFS...

Exciting times ahead!

Thank you for the overwhelming support of our DC-6. We really hope you are enjoying yourselves!

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Thanks for update.
    José Luís
    |Flightsimulator: MSFS (2020) | Weather Engine: | MSFS default | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | Tools: SimToolkitPro | Self-Loading Cargo |

Comment

YAY!!!!! Thank you for y’all’s hard work!!!!!
      Harry Blaine GouldAcer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display, Intel i7-9750H, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR4, 1 TB NVMe SSD

Comment

Outstanding, thank you! Since my P3D makes problems again atm I guess there‘s another DC6 flight around. ^^

Robert, in danger to get on your nerves and get banned into the last pax row… have you had time to look after your Narsarsuaq scenery? 😇
        i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
        Marc Ehnle

Comment

• rsrandazzo
          rsrandazzo commented
          Editing a comment
          Marc- I haven't. I'm in the midst of training on a new type so i'm spread a bit thin. Checkride is on monday and i'll be home tuesday- so after that I will! - RSR

• Ephedrin
          Ephedrin commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah nice, no congrats yet… but fingers crossed! Have fun or good luck or: keep the shiny side up

• krazyj
          krazyj commented
          Editing a comment
          rsrandazzo, how did the check ride go ? and might we know which type you are (hopefully ) qualified on now ?

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
        Captains,

A few moments ago, we issued a new update for the PMDG DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This update, like the previous updates, is available to you via the PMDG Operations Center.

This update is focused on some improvements to performance and enhancements in usability based upon feedback from users now that the product is in such wide operation.

The Highlights:
        - Automated Flight Engineer's audio now has his own volume channel tied to the Aircraft Miscellaneous slider
        - A/C inverter logic and certain A/C powered instruments reworked/remodeled/corrected
        - Improved hardware support
        - Fit-and-finish items around the virtual cockpit
        - Visual tidying of the cabin and exterior models

Change Log Items for this build:

0009963: [Suggested/Missing Features] AFE needs sound slider to increase volume (hvanrensburg)
        0009967: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] RTM- Inverter and Generator Click Spots need position indicators (hvanrensburg)
        0009970: [Suggested/Missing Features] Additional External Camera views (jbrown)
        0009975: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Bendix King ADF timer won't switch to hours (hvanrensburg)
        0010050: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] AFE Before Start flow does not close doors (hvanrensburg)
        0010051: [External Model - Lighting] Landing Lights and wing light glass cover is solid white. (jbrown)
        0010052: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Throttle speed movement with gamepad controller very slow (cbpowell)
        0010053: [External Model - Geometry] Front cabin seats strange texture (jbrown)
        0010054: [Unsure] Default view for Tablet view (control 0) is off center (jbrown)
        0010059: [Documentation] Incorrect schematics of fuel system management in POH (hvanrensburg)
        0010061: [External Model - Geometry] Cargo boxes in DC-6A main cargo deck appear/disappear on LOD1 (jbrown)
        0010062: [Documentation] Tutorials 1 and 2 Tablet and other info needs to be updated (hvanrensburg)
        0010063: [External Model - Geometry] Strange Ice Artifact around captain and FO window frame in VC view. (jbrown)
        0010064: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Inverters and A/C electrical system are mis-modeled (with associated instrument power errors) (cbpowell)
        0010068: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Battery overcharges without boundary (cbpowell)
        0010070: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Click-spots randomly activating (hvanrensburg)
        0010071: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Cowl flap selector doesn't line up with the numbers around the dial. (hvanrensburg)
        0010072: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] AC Voltmeter tool tip should be "AC Voltmeter" not "AC Voltmeter Eng Inst" (hvanrensburg)
        0010073: [Virtual Cockpit - Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] Add dynamic tool tips to Inverter switches "No. X/NORMAL", "OFF", "STBY" (hvanrensburg)
        0010074: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Engine instruments should not be operational on emergency inverter (cbpowell)
        0010075: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Emergency inverter does not obey its circuit breaker (cbpowell)
        0010076: [Sounds] Emergency inverter sound does not cease if its CB is tripped (hvanrensburg)
        0010077: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] F1-F4 keys are hard-bound to throttle movement and cannot be reassigned (cbpowell)
        0010078: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Shutdown- Props still moving (hvanrensburg)

We have more changes that we are prepping to hand off to our testers, and we'll pass those along to you once they are tested. We are also beginning to map out unveiling our next release for MSFS...

Exciting times ahead!

Thank you for the overwhelming support of our DC-6. We really hope you are enjoying yourselves!

Any news or word for the Xbox controller update coming to the DC 6 ?? Thank you and have a good day.

EDIT** It seems it has been updated and fixed now. Thank you all !

Last edited by Rocky Jet Melendez; 14Jul2021, 00:24.
        Rocky Jet Melendez ✈️🛰

Alienware X 17 R1 Gaming Laptop- 11th Gen i9-11980H 8 core OC to 5.0ghz, 32GB DDR4 XMP 3466MHz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GF RTX 3080 16GB GDDR6, 17.3" UHD 4K 120Hz wide-viewing angle, Cryo Tech Chamber Cooling with Element 31 Thermo Paste.

Comment

"We are also beginning to map out unveiling our next release for MSFS..."

You sure have a way with words; what a beautifully formulated sentence. I hope the flightsim media will interpret this sentence correctly, by which I mean: with the intended caveats bottled up in that phrasing, haha.
          Henk de Vries

Comment

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            Henk- It isn't what you say... It is how you don't say what you intended not to say. :-) - RSR

Originally posted by Rocky Jet Melendez View Post

Any news or word for the Xbox controller update coming to the DC 6 ?? Thank you and have a good day.
          What do you mean? Xbox controller works just fine with the DC-6 now.
          Will Matos

Comment

Originally posted by multimediawill View Post

What do you mean? Xbox controller works just fine with the DC-6 now.
            It does?? I haven’t used the DC6 since I wasn’t able to throttle using an Xbox controller and I had read that there was going to be some update to allow and fix that. Thank you for the clarification!!
            Rocky Jet Melendez ✈️🛰

Alienware X 17 R1 Gaming Laptop- 11th Gen i9-11980H 8 core OC to 5.0ghz, 32GB DDR4 XMP 3466MHz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GF RTX 3080 16GB GDDR6, 17.3" UHD 4K 120Hz wide-viewing angle, Cryo Tech Chamber Cooling with Element 31 Thermo Paste.

Comment

thanks for the update, Robert!
              Ken Robinson

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work! The Six is truly my favorite aircraft in any simulator I've ever used. (That goes back to the "turn of the century."). :-)

The ongoing refinements are very much appreciated.
                Matthew Scott @ KSBP (controlled) and KPRB (uncontrolled) - PPL since 1978
                5600X; X570; 5700XT; 32GB RAM; 1TB Gen 4 SSD - T.16000 M FCS + TWCS Throttle

Comment

Many thanks for the update, Rob!
                  REALLY enjoying the DC-6. Here are a couple of pics from earlier today. Tbilisi to Sochi - flying through some hairy weather on both takeoff and landing. 20210713153016_1.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jeremy- that does indeed look like summer time rollers getting ugly. :-D -RSR

• BostonJeremy77
                    BostonJeremy77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd probably not venture to fly through some of that in real life, but it's so fun in the sim though! MSFS is just so incredible to look at sometimes. I fly in the cockpit view 99% of the time but there are times I just can't resist screen archery. I don't really have that desire much anymore when I fly P3D. This is what I mean - get this sim more aircraft that's as rewarding as the 6 and there is just nothing quite like it out there.

A post-update flight in San Francisco
                  Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.07.14 - 07.37.06.92.png
                  Luis Linares
                  i9-6700K, GTX 2080Ti, 64GB DDR4

Comment

Somehow, only the liveries in the community folder survived the update unharmed.

Other than that, I had no issues with the plane before the update and have none now.
                    Flies as it's suppossed to.

Last edited by darshonaut; 14Jul2021, 04:02.
                    Andreas Kleinwächter
                    EDDK

Comment

Best keeps getting better, THANKS!
                      St3ve Elder

Comment

Thank you for the Update!
                        Is it possible that you add clickspots for the heading gyro? So that we can assign buttons for left/tight turn and reset to neutral?
                        Klaus Schmitzer

Comment

Any further info? Thanks

Comment

Can we expect some updates for NGXu/777 soon?
                            Regards from Cologne,
                            Tobias Kroll

Comment

It would be benefitial to know which page the POH changes refers to so I can correct my printed version manually. Thank you
                              Andreas Kleinwächter
                              EDDK

Comment

Thank you for the constant and quick updates!

As you say, good times ahead
                                Joe Colehouse EGCC

Comment

"We are also beginning to map out unveiling our next release for MSFS..." I like the sound this...
                                  David Norfolk

Comment

Hi Robert
                                    I've heard vicious rumours that the J41 may be dead and buried. Numerous flyers would like to see this at PMDG level in MSFS2020....any cause for celebration?

Comment

• Stancho123
                                      Stancho123 commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I think no! Because PMDG's priority is a Boeing 737 I think because 737 is second in the roadmap for this year.

Thanks for the update and the outstanding customer support. This thing is a time machine!

Comment

We are also beginning to map out unveiling our next release for MSFS...
                                      EXCITING!!!
                                      Cesar Perez

Comment

I hate to sound unappreciative, but is there any good stuff for us old school P3D users coming along soon?

Originally posted by mighty747 View Post
                                        Can we expect some updates for NGXu/777 soon?
                                        Seconded...

Comment

I also don’t want to sound like your hard work isn’t appreciated because I am sure all of you work hard, but feels like P3D updates aren’t getting as much love as MSFS ones do. If only the P3D platform got as many updates on the progress and or tutorial series on YouTube as MSFS does - it would make the platform a lot more appreciated and maybe easily reach out to new comers as well as us P3D supporters.

Thank you guys for your hard work 😊
                                          Balint

Comment

• StachM
                                            StachM commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Yes. Very good point.

• Vicinian
                                            Vicinian commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            This is a brand new product... it is obviously going to be receiving more updates. Also, P3D is not the platform to get new customers on, as it is a fully matured (and, in fact, already old) platform. As a result, you can expect the focus to continue shifting towards MSFS moving forwards.

• balint22
                                            balint22 commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            I understand that part but one thing no one should forget and that is that PMDG started to gain its popularity back in old FS9, FSX, P3D times and that got them where they are now. And now just because MSFS came out doesn’t mean you should drop everything and forget about a platform that is more than just alive but innovating. We are no longer talking about FSX that is definitely dead, but a platform that is evolving. And while it may seem like backward compatibility is kept completely with FSX scenery (no a/c - 32 bit) it is though a whole new world.
                                            My main point is: P3D platform deserves a lot more attention then what is given in my opinion.

And just give a great example of why I think P3D gets downgraded in most developer’s minds is:
                                            I tried to build an airport with custom textures and all that fancy stuff - well guess what, it is very very difficult. You’d have to be not only a designer, but an engineer and so many more I am not. I am sure people are just simply fed up with old style software to build your plane, scenery etc in.

Thanks for the update and new liveries PMDG Team!
                                          Felipe Turbay

Comment

Originally posted by darshonaut View Post
                                            It would be benefitial to know which page the POH changes refers to so I can correct my printed version manually. Thank you
                                            This was my ticket:

Good morning,

In the POH on page 56 (PDF 67 of 333) Figure 18 is incorrect. Red lines in the "system flow" section symbol fuel lines in use. The system flow of No. 2&3 ALT tanks (situation 3) shows fuel drawn from 2M and 3M while it should be 2A and 3A. Further up the line the crossfeed lines are red but then the red line is discontionued and fuel appears to come from tanks 1 and 4 but no tank is selected.

Also in all schematics the use of black and red boxes is inconsistant. Logic is that red means "tank is selected" while black means "tank not selected". In section 1 and 2 all tanks are red, in section 3 and 4 only main tanks are red.

On Page 58, figure 21, "No 2 main to all engines" with all engines crossfed the crossfeed fuel line should be solid red like in the schmeatic below.

Thank you
                                            Marc
                                            i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                                            Marc Ehnle

Comment

• darshonaut
                                              darshonaut commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              thank you very much

Glad to see the AC inverters are now working properly. 😁
                                            Ryan Cornett

Comment

Thankyou Robert and team for the update great work and what a wonderful aircraft.
                                              Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

Thanks a bunch and this should probably be on the actual DC-6 forum page also for those who link straight to it....
                                                Steve B

Comment

Working...
                                                X