Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

PMDG.. Are you guys gonna develop for MS Flight Simulator 2019?? :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMDG.. Are you guys gonna develop for MS Flight Simulator 2019?? :D

Looks stunning!
    https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4

**orrrr you already working on it and this is the super amazing info you said you will share with us in near future LOL
    Last edited by FlyByWire; 09Jun2019, 22:02.
    Pawel Grochowski

Probably too early to know. There is not even detailed information.
    it's looking good and has the whole world, but nothing is known about if it will actually be open or if they'll redo the flight mistakes
    Aurelien Vandoorine

Comment

Looks like a game to me. They already tried this with an earlier product I believe. I will remain skeptical until it's released and the community can assess it. I am expecting it to be pure eye candy, look you can even see giraffes! Hahaha, nothing said about the flight dynamics or weather, which just happen to be two very important components to flight simulation.
      Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

NG3 on Xbox One you heard it here first
        Alex Pugh

Comment

Call me crazy, but for a moment there I thought I saw a beautiful trailer for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2019 ... ?!
          Must have been past my bedtime I guess.
          Last edited by rheinis; 09Jun2019, 23:20.
          Robin Heinis FSX-SE (DX10)..PMDG MD-11/NGX/777/747.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok/ChasePlane profile pack)..the usual addons..PC specs: Intel i7 4790K ..GTX1080..16 GB..W7 64bit

Comment

Hope PMDG join the Insider program

What is the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program?

The Insider program is the way Microsoft Flight Simulator fans and community members can collaborate with our development teams to improve the simulation, experience, and services. As an Insider, you will have the opportunity to provide feedback and insights that help shape and inform current franchise initiatives and the future of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

What are the benefits of joining the Insider Program?

Insiders will answer short surveys, have access to private forums and receive exclusive weekly newsletters. Moreover, Insiders will have exclusive opportunities to participate in Technical Alpha and Beta tests of in-progress Microsoft Flight Simulator releases and provide feedback to the development teams.

What is a Preview Build (Technical Alpha/Beta)?

Preview builds are work-in-progress builds we’ve created for the purpose of working directly with our community to deliver the best experience collaboratively through feedback/suggestions. Each build will have a specific set of content/functionality meant to provide a slice of the overall experience. These builds will be time gated and limited to a specific number of Insiders. Participants in these builds will vary with each release so if you are not selected for one, that does not mean you will be excluded from others. As with all Preview builds, we expect some turbulence along the way but we are committed to doing our best to ensure we get you into smoother air, as quickly as possible. We view Preview Build participation is a critical step in our path to building the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator and look forward to working closely with you!

Does becoming an Insider guarantee I will participate in the Preview Build Program?

Our goal is ensure that everyone participates in the Preview Program. But that doesn’t mean everyone will participate in every build of the Preview Build Program.

Each build will have a unique set of goals and areas of focus for the development team. To achieve our goals and objectives per build, we will target specific Insiders who may align with those goals for that specific build. Providing your DxDiag will help ensure the Microsoft Flight Simulator Team is able to match you with the most Preview Builds possible. Once selected, your participation is extremely valuable to the team and we encourage and appreciate all time/feedback provided.

I am only interested in joining the beta; do I have to register to the Insider Program?

We will utilize the Xbox Insider Hub as a means of delivering the game content and important information thus participants will need to be a member of the Xbox Insider program and have the app installed on their PC. You can get more information about the Xbox Insider Program along with instructions to sign up HERE.

I do not have a Microsoft Account, how do I create one?

A Microsoft account is free to create, and your Gamertag is the way we identify you on the Insider Hub and is the way in which we will actually grant access to download the game builds. To sign up simply follow the instructions HERE.

Why is there an 18 and over age requirement?

Since the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider program requires participants to share personal information and we are committed to protecting players’ privacy, applicants must be over 18 in order to give legal consent to the capture and storage of this information.

What languages will the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider program be offered in?

We welcome and encourage Microsoft Flight Simulator fans from around the world to join, but for the near future all Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider communications and information will be served in English.
            Roar Kristensen
            www.flightsim4fun.com
            Home Cockpit software developer

Comment

Doesn't it being hosted only on XBox clearly identify it as just a resurrection of Flight as just an arcade game?
              Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

It is NOT for XBOX, only PC
                Roar Kristensen
                www.flightsim4fun.com
                Home Cockpit software developer

Comment

Originally posted by roarkr51 View Post
                  It is NOT for XBOX, only PC
                  I was looking at the video referenced by the OP, and was wondering what "XBOX" in the lower right hand corner meant?

Bode Bridges

Beta Tester XM-22/26 TOW

Comment

XBox is their umbrella branding for games, and XBox Live Pass is their Steam equivalent. But they're describing it as "for the PC."

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1137...21843031592960

EDIT: Here's something more - also from today - about how they're applying the XBox brand to PC gaming...

https://techcrunch.com/2019/06/09/mi...me-pass-on-pc/

EDIT 2: Still more - the announcement press release. They're making it sound like a more robust project than Flight... though of course, time will tell...

“The next generation of our longest-running franchise, Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass in 2020, and coming to Xbox One at a later date. Microsoft Flight Simulator is specifically designed to celebrate flight simulation fans through a focus on the authenticity of flying and visually stunning environments. By revamping our tech, working in close collaboration with the community and pursuing the best partnerships across the industry, we intend to deliver the best-in-class flight simulation experience.”

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/...riefing-recap/
                    Last edited by Alan_A; 10Jun2019, 00:01.
                    Alan Ampolsk

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Comment

I know I was about to add XP11 to my list but now I'm just waiting for this.
                      Even for GA only this looks like a game changer as long as they deliver good flight characteristics. Just give me that TBM and I'm done haha.
                      Pawel Grochowski

Comment

Microsoft has a real chance to create something amazing here. Most non-professional flight simulation these days is still being run on their engine. So if all they manage to do is upgrade the graphics and performance to modern day standards and touch nothing on the flight dynamics it will be great. But if they upgrade the flight model too, it will literally be a game changer (pun intended).

Unfortunately, what this means is that FSX/P3D add-ons will not be compatible in any way. That's my feeling on this. Still... I kinda feel that's a small price to pay (a figurative price, cause the $$$ price will be ridiculous) in order to get flight simulation out of the early 2000s and into present day.
                        Cristi Neagu

Comment

• MattSweet
                          MattSweet commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Exactly. Well said.

At this point we know zero about MS's real agenda for this product but the fact they have reverted to the FS name is most encouraging after the abortion that was "Flight". It'd be wonderful if they're back to doing the job properly and I hope PMDG are already in the know on this. We shall wait and see!

There's one thing we can be certain of though, we'll be going back to the heady days of "5 FPS in FS5.1 needs a supercomputer" (and that's a quote from a forum at the time)
                        Bill Casey

Comment

As long as they release an SDK they should be gold. We should just hope they saw Flight Sim World sink and truly learned that flight sims are nothing without 3rd party content. Best to just signup to insider and see what flows, this could be an awesome year yet.

*Cries about P3D library*
                          Daniel Glover

Comment

After the Dovetail debacle I guess Microsoft decided to take matters into their own hands.
                            Troy Krajancic

Comment

• kevin1566
                              kevin1566 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yep I am the proud owner of flight sim world in my steam library,actually hardly ever used it then discovered a year after the event dovetail had chucked the towel in,suprised ms actually ditched /sold it in the first place

Originally posted by DDowns View Post
                            I will remain skeptical until it's released and the community can assess it.

I see in just a few hours the trailer has already clocked up nearly half a million views, so it's definitely generating interest.
                            Troy Krajancic

Comment

Xbox exclusive. This might actually be fun to play while sitting on the couch, huge TV screen in front of you, friends around...
                              Regards,
                              Marius Stach

Comment

The insider program is live now for the sim.

Raymond fry
                                Raymond Fry
                                EGCC

Comment

Originally posted by StachM View Post
                                  Xbox exclusive. This might actually be fun to play while sitting on the couch, huge TV screen in front of you, friends around...
                                  No, it's coming out for Windows 10 and Xbox. Actually, it was mentioned that it's coming out for Windows 10 first and Xbox at a later date.
                                  Matthew Garner

Comment

Originally posted by MattGarner View Post

No, it's coming out for Windows 10 and Xbox. Actually, it was mentioned that it's coming out for Windows 10 first and Xbox at a later date.
                                    Wonder why they'd put "Xbox exclusive" right at the beginning of the video then.
                                    Regards,
                                    Marius Stach

Comment

Wonder why they'd put "Xbox exclusive" right at the beginning of the video then.
                                      That's what Microsoft has done for any game releases recently - Because, it will be available on Xbox Game Pass. Which is a monthly sub that gives you access to a bunch of game titles. You will also most likely be able to buy it outright as well like you can with other game titles they sell.

Xbox is their branding for any sort of games these days.

It is technically exclusive to Xbox and Windows 10 - As it won't be available on PlayStation for example.
                                      Matthew Garner

Comment

Originally posted by MattGarner View Post
                                        It is technically exclusive to Xbox and Windows 10 - As it won't be available on PlayStation for example.
                                        I see. Still wonder what to make of the annoucement, though. If it is made for a gaming console too, how serious of a simulator can be it when run on a PC?
                                        Graphics look tremendous, no doubt, but what about the actual simulation part? E.g., flight models, ATC, and maybe above all, addon compatibility?

I wonder if PMDG and the like have been involved in one way or another in this (but bound by an NDA) and might make an announcement soon.
                                        Last edited by StachM; 10Jun2019, 12:40. Reason: additional comment
                                        Regards,
                                        Marius Stach

Comment

I already have a visually stunning sim. P3DV4 + PMDG. To old and poor to start over. Prepar3d forever!😊
                                          Victor Green

Comment

I see. Still wonder what to make of the annoucement, though. If it is made for a gaming console too, how serious of a simulator can be it when run on a PC?
                                            Graphics look tremendous, no doubt, but what about the actual simulation part? I.e., flight models, ATC, and maybe above all, addon compatibility?
                                            You know consoles are quite powerfull now, but also much more optimized systems than our windows. And as an example the X-Plane mobile version shares 70% of the code with the Desktop version. So it's possible but we'll have to wait and seee in anycase as right now no one here knowns about MS specific plans for this product. How much will it be open to third parties, will they try again to push using their store just like they did with Flight and DTG did with FS World.... It's really too early and we'll have to wait next year to know moire I think.
                                            Aurelien Vandoorine

Comment

I'm always entertained by posts like these. They're not unreasonable, but sometimes I see them and kinda have a quick laugh. The news is barely out that it even exists, technical complexities aren't even known, much less a prices or business model, and people are asking if development is planned.

Again...not an unreasonable question, and I'm glad people are curious about it...all the same, thinking it through, it would seem logical to wait until there is more detail...for everyone.

Originally posted by DDowns View Post
                                              Doesn't it being hosted only on XBox clearly identify it as just a resurrection of Flight as just an arcade game?
                                              I'm hoping it's a bit like the old late-90s PC ports. Dune, for example, was on Genesis, but was awful. In other words, the PC version wasn't compromised, and was simply ported over.

XPL, for example, has an iPhone version, so would that mean it is just an arcade game? Your point is valid, for sure. I'm just hoping that it isn't true. I want to doubt your point, but at the same time, seeing the shenanigans from last time, I'm inclined to be in your camp.
                                              Kyle Rodgers
                                              PMDG Simulations

Comment

It is of course quite possible that PMDG were consulted or are somehow involved in the development and under NDA. In which case they would be at least privy to technical aspects, if not business model and pricing. There are certain aspects of the preview video from E3 that hint at another well known developers involvement, so there will likely be other devs in that mix too. But no one can say anything, probably for some time yet. And in any case, it would be shrewd of developers to keep their plans for the new platform away from the competition for a while.
                                                Last edited by ckyliu; 10Jun2019, 13:08.
                                                Chris Liu, proud supporter of Intercity Airways, visit www.ViaIntercity.com

Comment

And the waiting game begins
                                                  Angelo Busato

Comment

Well, just woke up to find out I haven't dreamed this.
                                                    Having a good feeling about this one, a really good feeling...

Sorry, but it seems to me they just can't present it as a World Premiere during the E3 event, call it Microsoft Flight Simulator (an iconic name, in the same iconic letter font they used since 1989, except for MS Flight), say it's focused on the authenticity of flying, having the desire to closely collaborate with the sim community and pursuing partnerships with the top developers in the industry and state that they want to deliver the best-in-class flight simulator experience possible.........if it's just another MS Flight.

Granted, same could be said for FSW but that was no Microsoft.

No, I actually believe the next chapter is coming up...
                                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qga0-OHigtM

so now please let me be right about this...

Robin Heinis FSX-SE (DX10)..PMDG MD-11/NGX/777/747.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok/ChasePlane profile pack)..the usual addons..PC specs: Intel i7 4790K ..GTX1080..16 GB..W7 64bit

Comment

First statement from Orbx' John Venema here: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...omment-1524692
                                                      Regards,
                                                      Marius Stach

Comment

​​​​​​Home...

https://fsi.microsoftstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                                                        X