Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

NG3 suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NG3 suggestions

Please add some clunking noises as the plane taxis simulating rolling over the taxi way tiles. I love that sound and will make it sound and feel like a real plane when taxying. The Zibo does this very well and I really like taxying that plane so use that as an example please. The fslabs does a pretty good job as well. The ngx just feels like its skating on ice as it taxis. Thank you.

Robert Gaylord
    Last edited by sssooopppeee; 02Jun2019, 23:10.

That is indeed a good suggestion
    Erik de Meijer
    Somewhere between EHRD and EHEH

Comment

• Ausflight
      Ausflight commented
      Editing a comment
      It is?Mmm i don’t know about that one lol.

For all suggestions please submit a support ticket so that your suggestion won't get lost in forums.
    We still don't know will the NG3 be a MAX or just an NG but never the less your suggestion is right on place so please submit it and discuss it with the team.
    STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

• Ausflight
      Ausflight commented
      Editing a comment
      And there you have it in green.

Right. It's funny that people are more into eye candy and sounds than actual flight systems and dynamics.. its funny to me just funny
    Alex Kulak
    PMDG Studier and flyer
    Ramp Agent @PHX

Comment

Originally posted by Swaluver88 View Post
      Right. It's funny that people are more into eye candy and sounds than actual flight systems and dynamics.. its funny to me just funny
      One hundred people,one hundred different opinions it's quite normal.
      But I share your opinion that flight dynamics,airframe options, equipment options come first,and sounds come second.
      STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

I’m not sure which sim it was because it was so long but it must have been fsx can’t remember the plane ether but apparently if you did a too hard of a landing with it you could bust a tyre on it.
        Danny Z. Cebis

Comment

Some call it eye candy, others call it immersion...
          Regards,
          Marius

Comment

It does make quite a lot of difference - I did an approach at WSSS a while back in a thunderstorm (the kind where you would divert in real life). It was in the 747 that have cockpit shaking, rainmaker etc. Did it in VR - it was scary, and a lot of that was because the eye/ear candy stuff.

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that they're planning on porting all of this over to both the NG3 and 777.
            André Hansson

Comment

Flight simming is all about immersion and simulating real life so I think it’s a valid request. Systems definitely come first but it’s the small stuff that adds that extra immersion. My two cents
              Ridvan Celik

Comment

Right...all the same, "immersion" is a painful word to me, honestly.

A lot of what a simmer considers to be "immersion" is over-exaggerated fluff. Is that wrong? If it makes them feel more like they're in a plane, then I'd say no, but sometimes it's a bit frustrating to see them claim "it just doesn't feel real if I don't have [insert over-exaggerated thing here]!" Some of that is personal preference, I will concede, but some of it is just all out odd. Vapor effects in the just-about-zero-humidity desert, for example...?

That being said, the original request of the bumps/shakes/sounds is something in the 744, so I'd imagine it'll be in the NG3.
                Kyle Rodgers
                PMDG Simulations

Comment

• AndreH
                  AndreH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As in wing vortix effects that you can't even see from inside the cockpit....! Is that "immersion" or something else...?
                  Last edited by AndreH; 05Jun2019, 22:48.

• Ausflight
                  Ausflight commented
                  Editing a comment
                  “Over-exaggerated fluff”😂where did you come up with that one Kyle.

I understand but they already did a great job with the NGx I feel that the ng3 will be the ngx with a bunch of touch ups. Plus that clunking sound when your rolling down the taxiway is totally bad ass and creates tension for me.
                Last edited by sssooopppeee; 04Jun2019, 20:26.

Comment

Not to mention that so called immersion adds to the FPS.I can live without it.
                  Danny Z. Cebis

Comment

It's a balancing act.
                    Victor Green

Comment

Originally posted by sssooopppeee View Post

I understand but they already did a great job with the NGx I feel that the ng3 will be the ngx with a bunch of touch ups. Plus that clunking sound when your rolling down the taxiway is totally bad ass and creates tension for me.
                      I would like More weight config and C/G chart. Instead of just a ZFW number
                      Alex Kulak
                      PMDG Studier and flyer
                      Ramp Agent @PHX

Comment

What you want is available for our current pmdg ngx via Avsim.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpJNNUi845Q
                        Maikel Rozemeijer
                        PE1123
                        The Netherlands
                        (news editor www.simFlight.nl)

Comment

I love eye candy, I want a co-pilot in the right seat and my mug on the captain. Too bad there is a way to scan your photo and replace the mug of the Pilot.
                          Paul Gugliotta
                          United 257 heavy

Comment

My wish list:

1) Possibility of tire burst due to wear or some other factor...
                            2) Tail strike has it's consequences...
                            3) After each flight, a report of damages and wear to the airplane...
                            4) Control over some maintenance items like tire change, oil change etc...
                            5) Maybe the possibility of failures before the pre-flight check, so to give us a real need to make a pre-flight check?
                            6) 27K engine rating...

Teo Halfen

Comment

Originally posted by Paulyg123 View Post
                              I love eye candy, I want a co-pilot in the right seat and my mug on the captain. Too bad there is a way to scan your photo and replace the mug of the Pilot.
                              Paul, I did actually try to help you with this. When you brought this up last April, I asked you two questions. You didn't respond to either of them, nor did you respond when I asked a second time. I can't help you any further when you don't answer any of my questions. The original thread is below.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...get-a-co-pilot
                              Captain Kevin

Live streams of my flights here.
                              Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by teohalfen View Post
                                My wish list:

6) 27K engine rating...
                                THIS FOR SNA and MDW

Alex Kulak
                                PMDG Studier and flyer
                                Ramp Agent @PHX

Comment

My wish list:

2) Tail strike has it's consequences...
                                  3) After each flight, a report of damages and wear to the airplane...
                                  5) Maybe the possibility of failures before the pre-flight check, so to give us a real need to make a pre-flight check?
                                  6) 27K engine rating...

Teo Halfen
                                  1)Possible,visuals on the otther hand are questionable.
                                  2)Maybe, because simulator has it's own limitations
                                  3)Possible with Global Operations
                                  4)We have it on 747&777 don't see it why we would't have it NG/MAX
                                  5)Possible.PMDG is taking care not to model every single failure like on the real thing,because the plane would cost over 1000$,and I could't get my new PC
                                  6)Why are you so humble if we are getting MAX we could get 30k,especially on MAX-10
                                  <3
                                  STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

From a visual standpoint, I don't see them doing this. Don't think Boeing would like that too much.
                                    This is already on the 747 and the 777, so I don't know why they wouldn't include this.
                                    Are you talking about doing the actual walk-around? If so, I don't know how this would work. The standard P3D camera is far too slow for this, it would most likely require you to purchase some other camera add-on, and I don't like the idea of being forced to purchase a camera add-on just to do this.
                                    Originally posted by Stefan_888 View Post
                                    6)Why are you so humble if we are getting MAX we could get 30k,especially on MAX-10
                                    None of the 737NGs have a 30,000-pound thrust rating.
                                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                                      From a visual standpoint, I don't see them doing this. Don't think Boeing would like that too much.

This is already on the 747 and the 777, so I don't know why they wouldn't include this.

Are you talking about doing the actual walk-around? If so, I don't know how this would work. The standard P3D camera is far too slow for this, it would most likely require you to purchase some other camera add-on, and I don't like the idea of being forced to purchase a camera add-on just to do this.

1) has nothing to do with Boeing this is about flight simulation here.I think you’re taking it much too seriously now.I like mine tyre burst.
                                      Danny Z. Cebis

Comment

Max has maximum thrust rating of a 29,317k to be exact but at the time I didn't remember exact number.I knew it was somewhere between 29-30 range and I round it up to 30k
                                        No worries Kevin
                                        Thanks for heads up anyways
                                        STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

My only actual wish remains:

Accurate cockpit window geometry.
                                          Regards,
                                          Marius

Comment

Originally posted by StachM View Post
                                            My only actual wish remains:

Accurate cockpit window geometry.
                                            Hahahahaha
                                            STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

Originally posted by Ausflight View Post
                                              1) has nothing to do with Boeing this is about flight simulation here.I think you’re taking it much too seriously now.I like mine tyre burst.
                                              Actually, it does. PMDG has a licensing agreement with Boeing regarding stuff like this, which is why you won't see an actual engine fire even when you set the failure as such. Somebody years ago suggested weathering over time, but was told the same thing.
                                              Max has maximum thrust rating of a 29,317k to be exact but at the time I didn't remember exact number.I knew it was somewhere between 29-30 range and I round it up to 30k
                                              No worries Kevin
                                              Thanks for heads up anyways
                                              The 737MAX might, I don't know, I never looked. I was talking about the 737NG since I think that was the original question.
                                              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Ausflight
                                                Ausflight commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                PMDG has a licensing agreement with Boeing in regards to stuff like that?Mmm have to check on that.

Actually, it does. PMDG has a licensing agreement with Boeing regarding stuff like this, which is why you won't see an actual engine fire even when you set the failure as such. Somebody years ago suggested weathering over time, but was told the same thing.

The 737MAX might, I don't know, I never looked. I was talking about the 737NG since I think that was the original question.
                                              Question was about NG3,not NG by the way. We don't know will it be NG or will it be MAX.
                                              PMDG hasn't released any info as of today.
                                              STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

Question was about NG3,not NG by the way. We don't know will it be NG or will it be MAX.
                                                Presumably calling it the NG3 is a giveaway that at a minimum, the 737NG would be involved. No word on whether the MAX would be involved.
                                                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Stefan_888
                                                  Stefan_888 commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  You are right,but
                                                  We had hints saying "MAX" but maybe it will come at later date

Considering Robert said on Avsim months ago (if not last year) that "the NGX would be updated to the NG3" it's safe to say that we're getting a ground-up version of the NG first.

MAX, at a guess, will come later, either as an expansion or standalone product (I suspect standalone after PMDG's experience with the 747-8).
                                                Karl Brooker

Comment

The tires actually can burst.. you’ll just see nothing visually...
                                                  Ilari Kousa, Finland

Comment

Working...
                                                  X