Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[16JUN21] PMDG DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator Release Date Announcement

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[16JUN21] PMDG DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator Release Date Announcement

Captains,

We are happy to announce that our first product for Microsoft Flight Simulator has completed development and is now pending for release.

The PMDG Douglas DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator represents the first of a number of products that PMDG has planned for Microsoft Flight Simulator, and marries our penchant for creating "study level" simulations with Microsoft's magnificent new, high technology flight simulation engine. Never before have we had the ability to model an airplane with such detail, and we are very excited to bring this product to market this week.

PMDG_DC6_announcement.jpg
    Throwing superlatives around is an easy thing to do when you are working with a new generation of simulation platform that is as visually stunning as thew new Microsoft Flight Simulator. We tend to shy away from such behavior when showing a soon-to-be released product, but in this case it is hard to avoid. MSFS is a modern engine that does a magnificent job of capturing the beauty of the DC-6, allowing us to turn out a highly detailed, robust simulation of one of the world's great, classic airliners.

The PMDG Douglas DC-6 for Microsoft Flight Simulator is a ground up build that was designed from the beginning to capitalize on the advanced features of MSFS. From lighting to flight handling to systems behaviors, we have created a detail-rich simulation that is sure to deliver weeks and months and years of enjoyable simulation experience to PMDG customers new and old. No effort has been spared to make this the most detailed simulation in our product line, while simultaneously giving new simmers all of the tools that they need to succeed in opreating this highly detailed simulation.

Understanding that not all PMDG customers have radial engine experience in their background, we have added the Automated Flight Engineer to the product specifically to unburden you, the pilot, by handling most all of the complex tasks and checklists while you focus on flying the airplane. Just like a real-world captain, you can easily delegate complex processes to your Automatic Flight Engineer with the simple click of a button.

The PMDG Douglas DC-6 will be available on Friday, 18JUN21 directly from www.pmdg.com.

We will have more video and information available for you later in the day on Wednesday, and we hope that you will take a few moments to tune in to our friends Chewwy and TheFlyingFabio on Twitch throughout the day today as they showcase our new product and attempt to learn to fly the airplane in real-time with all of you watching.

Pricing and time-of-day availability is still pending, and will be announced shortly before product release.

We are very excited to finally be bringing you a product compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator. We are very excited about what we have created, and we hope it will bring you many years of simulator enjoyment.

On behalf of all of us at PMDG, thank you for your continued support during the past 24 years!

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Robert I wish you all the best with this new venture. I will be dipping my toe in the water with MSFS in the coming weeks and really look forward to the wide bodies porting over

Fly safe mate

A
    Adrian Howe

Comment

Good news! Congratulations to all PMDG team for the first MSFS release! I have deleted all my P3D material (worth thousands $) because I firmly believe MSFS is the way to go!

Looking forward the B737!
      Edmundo Azevedo

Comment

Fabulous news. Well done to all concerned.
        Very much looking forward to this as a beacon of what can be achieved for steam models with the MSFS SDK as it stands.

Roll on Friday!
        Simon Justice

Comment

Yessss. The first airplane I can remember flying in as a kid was a United DC-6 out of Bradley International in Windsor Locks. Can't wait to put this one into service!

Thanks and congratulations to the whole team!
          Cheers,
          Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch
          Pinner, Middx, UK

Comment

Ahhhhh amazing!

Congratulations to you and the team of this landmark release! Cannot wait to take the girl out for a spin.

Thank you very much!

Finn Preston

Comment

You will do it right, as always. Thank You PMDG !

Looking ahead for the Boeing`s ...
              Frank G.

Comment

Yeah ! Wait is finally over ! Will the install be easy and straightforward? I’ve always bought my aircrafts from Marketplace, within FS2020. I’m sure installation will be just fine, though. As long as there’s clear instructions what to do.

Congratulations! Can’t wait to fly DC-6 !
                Ronnie Sutherland

Comment

• Ephedrin
                  Ephedrin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Knowing PMDG you‘ll run an exe and be done.

Great news, I'm glad I have Friday's off now, ready to spend all day learning this beast (looking forward to the Boeing's as well)
                Joe Colehouse EGCC

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                  Will the install be easy and straightforward? .........I’m sure installation will be just fine.

Congratulations! Can’t wait to fly DC-6 !
                  Er, talk about answering your own question!

Charles K Smith
                  Charles K Smith

Comment

She is looking real good in MSFS, congratulations and hope all goes well with the release!
                    Zsolt Szivak

Comment

Thank you Rob and best wishes to all the PMDG team and volunteers who are making this possible, and for the new YouTube channel. Exciting times.....
                      Many Thanks,
                      Chris Stanley VTUJ / VTUO

Comment

Really really great news, finally! Grats to your newly development pipeline and as it seems it really works out gorgeous.
                        You did a great job and inspiring many other developer studios for sure!

Your love and work should be a standard in this industry.

PS: Where do I have to put my bank account? I'll fully commit to your coming line-up :P
                        Manuel Eckstein

Comment

Oh !! thanks for the news 😀😀
                          But Friday is so far away 🤔

Pascal Paillart
                          Pascal Paillart

Comment

I just have seen Fabio's smile while flying this bird. I really want to sleep until it is Friday, because I can't wait to get it flying as well 😉
                            Herbert Brandstetter

Comment

I dont know if im more shocked by a released date or the AI feature. But either way i like.both
                              Alex Kulak
                              PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

• rheinis
                                rheinis commented
                                Editing a comment
                                We live in strange historic times indeed.. 😎

Good news. I need to get back to MSFS and work on mastering the camera presets since being pulled back by the 5.2 P3D update this week. The camera is so different from what I’m use to but I know that just takes experience.
                              Tell Alexa to play the theme from “The High and Mighty” for some prop liner atmosphere
                              Thanks Rob.
                              Victor Green

Comment

Great stuff.
                                Sylvester Archibald

Comment

Congratulations PMDG!
                                  Luis Linares
                                  i9-6700K, GTX 2080Ti, 64GB DDR4

Comment

It looks absolutely beautiful! Though I am upset that I will have to wait 6+ months for this beautiful aircraft to come to the in-game marketplace. While buying from first-party has many advantages, I have my own personal reasons to only buy from in-game marketplace (one of them being the possibility of me getting an Xbox in the future as I can't afford PCs anymore)

It will be a really long wait for me but I guess it will be worth it. Can't wait for more previews of the 737 too!
                                    Faruk Eroglu

Comment

Today is the day. I'm moving to MSFS. 😀
                                      Last edited by lmaire; 16Jun2021, 13:52.
                                      Real Deraps

Comment

I am, as everybody is, very excited about this aircraft.

It is as if a very important guest is arriving.

The desk has been cleaned, some peripherals rearranged for easier reach, a new binder is ready for any additional information (in addition to what I already have from X-Plane an P3D).

My Friday morning shower will be longer and my shaving more meticulous.

The clothes I will wear have already been chosen and I have also chosen which pocket the wallet will be in. I practiced several times, how to get it out quickly.

That is all for my part of getting ready.

I believe however, that we are going through a much bigger moment.

A pioneering, transformative and groundbreaking moment in flight simulation.

Many articles and videos have told and showed us the history of flight simulation, from the release of the first clickety-clack Microsoft simulator in 1982, via so many versions of itself and those of several other companies, until MSFS2020 itself.

But I really think that this June 18 will be added to that history and well placed as the day when the use, immersion, detail, awe of an aircraft in a simulator completely changed.

Many many flight simulation enthusiasts who were initially disappointed, will return to MSFS.

And the future, can only be brighter.

Congratulations to the PMDG family!!

Two more sleeps!

Roberto
                                        Roberto Stopnicki
                                        Toronto, Canada

Comment

• cavaricooper
                                          cavaricooper commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I hope to hear about your experience late Friday Roberto.

I look forward to the delight and awe this release will bring from veterans like you, and also from complete neophytes who will discover the depth and comprehensiveness of a PMDG simulation for the first time!

• Michael Codd
                                          Michael Codd commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I’m guessing there will be no time spent baking cakes for you this weekend, Roberto. LOL

• stopnicki
                                          stopnicki commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          No Michael.
                                          Starting Friday (I am not sure yet if starting on Friday's breakfast, lunch or dinner) any and all food eaten in this household, will be a take-out order.
                                          And it has also been already clearly established, that it is not me, who will walk or drive over to pick it up!

In german language a radial engine is a „star engine“.. Sternmotor… I guess for a reason the future shines bright ⭐️
                                        i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                                        Marc Ehnle

Comment

Congratulations Rob and everyone at PMDG! The plane came out beautifully and I am so excited to spend every waking hour going through it.

Rob thank you for the fantastic YT tutorials. I sure hope you do more of them and I sure hope you have plans to do them for the 737 and the others when they are ready.

Jeff Hendershot

Comment

Congrats guys for this release! Looking forward to the jets!
                                            Roberto Alpizar Murillo
                                            SJO

Comment

Thanks very much PMDG.

I’m reasonably new to modern flight sims. I have P3Dv5 and XP11 but the DC-6 never got released on those. I’m stoked to now have the opportunity to experience it in MSFS. The YouTube videos have been wonderfully done and I can’t wait to try out all the advice given in them.
                                              Last edited by Il_Warfiend_lI; 16Jun2021, 16:07.
                                              Chris Howell.
                                              YBAF Australia.

Comment

Congratulations, Captain!

It's a privilege flying with you.
                                                Alan Ampolsk
                                                __________________________________________

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Comment

This is certainly exciting, congratulations for the release date, Robert 😎
                                                  Giuseppe Nelva

Comment

Congrats, Robert and the rest of the team! Looking forward to flying her on Friday!
                                                    Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

Comment

That screen shot is a work of art.

Note to self:
                                                      • Cancel all planned weekend activities
                                                      • Sleeping/eating now optional
                                                      • Fire up the coffee maker and the sim
                                                      • Explain to my boss Monday why I logged off halfway through Friday's workload
                                                      Congratulations Rob and everyone involved with the project. It's not just a milestone for you and us - MS and Asobo have no doubt also been waiting to see someone reach this level of fidelity.
                                                      Dan Morand
                                                      i7-7700k OC 4.8, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2

Comment

Working...
                                                      X