Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

FlyTampa cancelled KATL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlyTampa cancelled KATL

I noticed the Yellow Dot was removed from the FlyTampa site. I pressed them for an answer in their forum and they FINALLY responded that it is cancelled because it did not fit their plan.....
    What are our options for a good KATL now for P3D? I'd love to take my Delta PMDG 737 into a realistic KATL in P3D.
    Paul Gugliotta

I’ve been using ImagineSim’s Atlanta in P3D 4.5 for a while now, work great and looks great as well.

https://imaginesim.net/product/katl-atlanta-p3d/
    Jeff Doerning - PANC : RPVM : RPVD

Comment

I use it too, it‘s pretty performance friendly for such a large airport. Certainly more than a typical FT version.
      i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
      Marc Ehnle

Comment

Originally posted by Paulyg123 View Post
        I noticed the Yellow Dot was removed from the FlyTampa site. I pressed them for an answer in their forum and they FINALLY responded that it is cancelled because it did not fit their plan.....
        What are our options for a good KATL now for P3D? I'd love to take my Delta PMDG 737 into a realistic KATL in P3D.
        Prior to P3Dv5, I found ImagineSim KATL to be an FPS killer, but it is performing very well for me in P3Dv5.
        Luis Linares
        i9-6700K, GTX 2080Ti, 64GB DDR4

Comment

I bought Imaginesim KATL yesterday. It is pretty good. Sorry FlyTampa wasted 3 years of me waiting around for them for nothing.
          Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Pretty sure flytampa is busy with converting their sceneries to MSFS also. Not sure i just know they have a great LAS and MDW
            Alex Kulak
            PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

• cedrice.rive@yahoo.fr
              [email protected] commented
              Editing a comment
              Of course, most of the dev's are busy converting their business to MSFS2020 so don't expect new scenery before that.

Thanks for the news. Very, very lame of FlyTampa.
            Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Comment

Speaking of FlyTampa, they recently updated Schiphol to v1.3 and still working on a v2. I noticed a slight improvement in performance from v1.2.
              Luis Linares

Comment

Originally posted by LuisKMIA View Post
                Speaking of FlyTampa, they recently updated Schiphol to v1.3 and still working on a v2. I noticed a slight improvement in performance from v1.2.
                Did I miss something here? Looking at their forums, 1.3 has been out since the end of 2020.
                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                  Did I miss something here? Looking at their forums, 1.3 has been out since the end of 2020.
                  Maybe I missed it initially
                  Luis Linares

Comment

Originally posted by LuisKMIA View Post
                    Maybe I missed it initially
                    Copy. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Just curious about ImagineSim’s KATL. I see both good and bad comments about the product and although I’ve purchased Barbados and Singapore I don’t know if I can assume KATL will work as well as their other products. Is it safe to assume all of them work the same?

And I’m considering an upgrade to P3D v5 so if anyone has additional experience between v4 and v5 with ImagineSim I’d be glad to hear about that as well.
                      Will Thomas
                      KMDT - Flight Sim 1998 to Present
                      P3D, X-Plane, FSX
                      Aircraft Painter

USAF Veteran [Aircraft Electrician / Egress Tech]

Comment

ImagineSim ATL I would say is very good. But not great. And that is why I am so disappointed by flytampa pulling out. ATL is my home base, so you can understand why I was so looking forward to this one. To me if you look closely at the terminal exterior detail on the imaginsim atl, you can see it's not top tier. It doesn't look bad at all, just lacking the details we see in Fly Tampa titles. Also with V5 bringing the possibility of sloped runways, it's disappointing to see this totally ignored in the imaginesim release. In real life, Atlanta has significant runway slopes as well as dips in the airfield terrain. To Will's question. Get it. It is very good in V4 and V5 with great performance.
                        Dave Gray

Comment

Well since Flytampa let us all down, I had to give in and get imaginesim KATL. It is much better than default scenary
                          Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Well since Flytampa let us all down, I had to give in and get imaginesim KATL. It is much better than default scenary
                            I was in the same boat Paul. So wanted ATL from Flytampa cause Imaginesim version is just ok, but since that was now the only choice I bit the bullet
                            Michael Sill

Comment

I was actually waiting for the FlyTampa version to replace the ImagineSim version, but I guess that's not happening.
                              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                                I was actually waiting for the FlyTampa version to replace the ImagineSim version, but I guess that's not happening.
                                As was I. I’m just not sure I want to pay ImagineSim price for KATL which is why I appreciate everyone’s opinion. I would consider it if it ever goes on sale which I don’t think I’ve ever seen.
                                Will Thomas
                                P3D, X-Plane, FSX
                                Aircraft Painter

Comment

Originally posted by PC Pilot View Post
                                  As was I. I’m just not sure I want to pay ImagineSim price for KATL which is why I appreciate everyone’s opinion. I would consider it if it ever goes on sale which I don’t think I’ve ever seen.
                                  In my case, I already own it, and I can't say the performance was the best for me when I was running it in P3D V4 with the PMDG 747-8I.
                                  Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

I'm using the default P3dv5.2 version of KATL with a few customizing touches using the latest Google Image and ADEX to get it updated. For me ImagineSim KATL is not $30 better that what I created using ADEX.

The great thing about ADEX is my sceneries are always update.
                                    Bode Bridges
                                    I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam

Comment

Quite honestly, I’ve heard the same thing from a friend and the only reason he purchased KATL from ImagineSim is simply because no other developers have it. I’m surprised no one else has tackled KATL but for now I will probably stick to the default airport.

However, I’m going to see what I can find out about ADEX. This is the first time I’ve heard of it. Thanks!
                                      Will Thomas
                                      P3D, X-Plane, FSX
                                      Aircraft Painter

Comment

Its good so they maybe focus on updating their already existing airports
                                        Timm Rehberg
                                        Twitch Stream | V1 Simulations Blog

Comment

Well, like I said I have Imaginesim KATL and I think it rates pretty darn good - so it is the only game intown, I am happy with the purchase. I also added LatinVFR KSAN and KMSY to P3Dv5 and like them a lot as well. I am thinking about KRDU and KMIA
                                          Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Well, like I said I have Imaginesim KATL and I think it rates pretty darn good - so it is the only game intown, I am happy with the purchase. I also added LatinVFR KSAN and KMSY to P3Dv5 and like them a lot as well. I am thinking about KRDU and KMIA
                                            I purchased every airport from LatinVFR for P3D v4 and I am happy with every one of them. I wish they would develop more 😁.

When I switch to P3D v5 I will definitely use their products not only because they are good but because most if not all of the P3D v4 versions have an installer for v5 for free. I gladly support developers who do such things for their customers. LatinVFR is a a GOOD company.
                                            Will Thomas
                                            P3D, X-Plane, FSX
                                            Aircraft Painter

Comment

Could you link this FlyTampa progress map? Thanks.
                                              Konstantinos Tomais

Comment

Working...
                                              X