Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[02MAR21] Update for PMDG 777 Product Line is now available via the Operations Center

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[02MAR21] Update for PMDG 777 Product Line is now available via the Operations Center

Captains,

We have just made live a full product line update to do a bit of cleanup on the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package, the PMDG 777-300ER and the PMDG 777-200ER packages. You must have already installed v1.11.1131 in order for the Operations Center to offer you these updates.

To install, simply run the Operations Center. You will receive a notice of an available update. Follow the buttons and it will do all of the work for you.

Once you have finished updating, you may get a message telling you that some liveries are orphaned and/or in need of repair. Follow the prompts and let Operations Center take care of that for you as well. It should take you all of a minute or two and you will be back up and running!

This update is the normal "post release sweep up" of annoyances that we were able to take care of quickly based upon data collection and feedback from the weekend. We have many other items we are still working to resolve and those will roll out in future updates as per our normal post release process. I anticipate we will push another update before or during the weekend, but this is an anticipation, not a promise. We are working on a few more entrenched issues that require a bit more testing and research.

Change-list for this update is as follows:

PMDG 777 Full Product Line - 1.11.1143 - 01MAR21
    ================================================== =======
    0009514: [External Model - Geometry] Cargo doors hinge mechanism rod inverted (jbrown)
    0009539: [General - Ground Operations] Ground power and Jetway power cables not allign with the Plug at the service Port in 200ER (hvanrensburg)
    0009515: [General - 2D Panels] Excessive draw calls negatively impacting FPS when opening the 2D MCP pop up panel (also other 2D panels) (abashkatov)
    0009370: [General - 2D Panels] MCP 2D Popup FPS Drop [duplicate] (abashkatov)
    0009508: [General - Engines] Lag in 'Show Throttle' position index mark with 777 models (abashkatov)
    0009541: [Systems - Fuel] Tank mass limits not enforced properly when fuel density is adjusted instantly via the FMS FUEL adjustment menu (rsrandazzo)
    0009517: [EFB - General] EFB Documents option disabled and Documents error messages in EFB (hvanrensburg)
    0009531: [FREEZES - All Types] Sim Crashes when changing Sound outputs from FMC (abashkatov)
    0009534: [General - Suggested/Missing Features] 200ER Aircraft.cfg wrong Trent engine type mentioned (jbrown)
    0009529: [EFB - Performance and Computational] EFB OPT : EXIT selection for landing dispatch/enroute (emvaos)
    0009523: [Systems - Hydraulic] When applying Parking brake without active systems, pressure at the Brake Accum gauge is not reducing (rsrandazzo)
    0009525: [General - Flight Model] Low speed aileron lockout receiving IAS when TAS is required, causes lockout to fail. (rsrandazzo)
    0009526: [External Model - Geometry] 300ER TailSkid see through texture and piston length (jbrown)
    0009513: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Small VC gap at captains window, hook area (vscimone)
    0009509: [External Model - Geometry] PW engine texture mapping issue, fan texture incorrect on GE and low resolution fan texture. (jbrown)
    0009510: [External Model - Geometry] Cabin window shades not illuminated by cabin lighting (jbrown)
    0009504: [External Model - Geometry] 200ER Flaperon is clipping the wing (jbrown)
    0009506: [General - Unsure] Request to add EFB view to the Cockpit View Menus (jbrown)
    0009502: [External Model - Liveries] D-ALFC wrong aircraft name. Ni Hoa instead of Ni Hao (psterling)
    0000000: [Various] TOB always shows even if not selectable
    0000000: [Various] Engine fan animation syncs to FPS at N1% > 55.72
    0000000: [Various] Spurious version check indicator box appears for some users.
    0000000: [Various] RCMND ALT within 500nm of TOD adjustment

One item that doesn't fit cleanly into the change list is that Armen spent quite a bit of time reading through feedback and chatting with various users in order to bolster improvements in the sounds for all three of the 200ERs. He then spent the weekend working to adjust the sound layers in order to improve the subtle characteristics of each by tweaking the sound environment, adjusting how the sounds are layered through our sound engine, and reprocessing some of the layers in order to really enhance the subtleties that make them different. For those with experience in sound engineering, you can appreciate that doing this in the rather outdated 22Khz sound scope offered by Prepar3D takes considerable skill- which Armen has in abundance- fortunately.

Give them a listen and see what you think!

On behalf of the whole team, I do want to say thank you for the support all of you have provided to us with this product update and release cycle. When we decided that we were going to do the Base package update as an update, we made a decision to fundamentally change what would normally be expected for a product refresh. We did this because every one of us has family and friends impacted by the Covid pandemic, and we thought that conducting a refresh on the 777 product line would be a nice way to give us all something to look forward to as we begin to see the light-at-the-end of the tunnel with respect to the pandemic.

Whether you opt to purchase the 200ER, or not, your 777 base package is an altogether new product experience and we hope it brings you many more years of experience. The 777 is right back at the top of the update cycle for us again, and you can anticipate updates across the entire product range now, bringing all three products new LNAV, new Navdata processes, updated VCs for the 777 and the 747 and much much more.

We continue to work and read your feedback and look for ways to improve the product line. In the mean time, we hope you will get out there and enjoy the 777 in all of it's glory- and for those of you who have supported us through your purchase of the 200ER, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Awesome! Will be checking tonight. Still no go on a 656 k lb MTOW?

Comment

Originally posted by killairbus View Post
      Awesome! Will be checking tonight. Still no go on a 656 k lb MTOW?
      We are not changing the current weights....
      Chris Makris (Olympic260)
      PMDG Technical Support

Comment

All the 300ER update is now live
        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

good morning guys, seems like the weird trim inputs are also gone

greetings

Johannes B.

Comment

• Ephedrin
            Ephedrin commented
            Editing a comment
            That‘s great news!

Well done, team!
          Craig Norman

Comment

Greetings from the road!
            As I stated last week I would be bringing out my rig with me. First off GOOD ON YOU ARMEN! I noticed a difference right off the bat! More robust or prominent with each engine variant. Also nice to see them fan blades chomping away and as Johannes stated I do notice the inputs being “smoother” if you will. Thank you all for a wonderful release and micro update. Okay time to get busy and close out this dispatch course. Wish me luck Captains!
            Kendall T. Carlile

Comment

• Reynolds Number
              Reynolds Number commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Kendall!

• Kapitanyur23
              Kapitanyur23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck Kendall! Get ER done!

Thanks a lot for your massive efforts!
            That was real fast. Now Aerosoft could join the party.
            Regards, Herbert
            Herbert Puukka (IVAO OE-GMT)

MSFS, WT CJ4, PF3, Navigraph

Comment

• Puukka
              Puukka commented
              Editing a comment
              At least I'd rather wait some bug fix updates, before trying to fly a troublesome version.

• Extra300driver
              Extra300driver commented
              Editing a comment
              The initial release is very good, I wrote to RSR with my feedback on the -200ER, did a CAT 2 fully manual approach to LHR yesterday. It performs per the 6 axis sim in Cranebank. Of course there are minor tweaks and improvements based on feedback but I really do recommend it

• Simicro
              Simicro commented
              Editing a comment
              Richard, Aerosoft thing is for guys who bought their 777 there. It's the same update as for the OC for folks who purchased at PMDG.

I did not see it in the list but was the Tiller animation addressed or has it always not moved in the VC. I can’t remember since I flew it in P3Dv4.5HF3. Thank you for the update.
            Dan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Wise87 View Post
              I did not see it in the list but was the Tiller animation addressed or has it always not moved in the VC. I can’t remember since I flew it in P3Dv4.5HF3. Thank you for the update.
              It should be on this update
              PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• nico320
                nico320 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can confirm that it has been fixed in this version!

Great work! Hopefully the manual flying is improved as well. If you guys are fixing livery typos, the KLM PH-BQO livery has a wrong aircraft name as well; Old Roma in stead of Old Rauma.

Kind Regards,

Harm Swinkels

PMDG 747/737/777

Comment

Good morning guys, do you think AS will be releasing the update today?
                Yannes Börstler
                PMDG 737NGXu / PMDG 747 / PMDG 777
                Prepar3DV4.5

Comment

• captainwhale
                  captainwhale commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They can’t release it if they haven’t got the files from pmdg

Wait, what about the FMC not changing N1 with flex temps above 57C degrees or 41C degrees with derates?

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                  rsrandazzo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Angelo- Changes included in this update are listed above. We have a system in which we track items- and we build a workflow based on many work requirements. When we get to things, they appear in the change list. If you reported it to us - you needn't ask continually if it is done yet. -RSR

• B777ER
                  B777ER commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To be fair, the tiller animation was fixed but not in the change list per Chris.

How strange. P3D5 was loading absolutely fine, then I installed the update through the OC, and now it is CTD’ing when loading the sim. It seems to want to re-load terrain data and crashes at about 70%.

The update has somehow changed P3D settings so that it bypasses the startup splash screen (I did not do this....). Completely uninstalling the 777 has fixed it. I am going to re-install the 777 and see what happens.
                Last edited by cmcloughlin; 02Mar2021, 07:46.
                Callum McLoughlin

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                  rsrandazzo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Callum- I rarely make categorical statements in situations like this but I shall this time: No. The update didn't make changes your your P3D settings. It doesn't know anything about the files required to change your P3D settings. In fact, it can replace files only, not "update them" and it definitely cannot go changing files that we don't hand it to update... so... No... you have some other issue afoot, but it wasn't the update. - RSR

• cmcloughlin
                  cmcloughlin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi RSR
                  That is very odd indeed then, as I haven’t been anywhere near my settings pages, or made any other changes to the sim. No tweaking, tinkering, or anything of that sort.

• ctruong183
                  ctruong183 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Callum,

If your P3D crashes at about 70% when loading, as per Robert's advise, you may have a corrupted prepar3d.cfg file.
                  I have experienced this before, even in FSX.

The best way is to make a back-up of the old prepar3D.cfg file; delete prepar3d.cfg file; then load the program again and have a fresh .cfg file.

Cheers,
                  Chris Truong.

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                Captains,

We have just made live a full product line update to do a bit of cleanup on the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package, the PMDG 777-300ER and the PMDG 777-200ER packages. You must have already installed v1.11.1131 in order for the Operations Center to offer you these updates.

To install, simply run the Operations Center. You will receive a notice of an available update. Follow the buttons and it will do all of the work for you.

Once you have finished updating, you may get a message telling you that some liveries are orphaned and/or in need of repair. Follow the prompts and let Operations Center take care of that for you as well. It should take you all of a minute or two and you will be back up and running!

This update is the normal "post release sweep up" of annoyances that we were able to take care of quickly based upon data collection and feedback from the weekend. We have many other items we are still working to resolve and those will roll out in future updates as per our normal post release process. I anticipate we will push another update before or during the weekend, but this is an anticipation, not a promise. We are working on a few more entrenched issues that require a bit more testing and research.

Change-list for this update is as follows:

PMDG 777 Full Product Line - 1.11.1143 - 01MAR21
                ================================================== =======
                0009514: [External Model - Geometry] Cargo doors hinge mechanism rod inverted (jbrown)
                0009539: [General - Ground Operations] Ground power and Jetway power cables not allign with the Plug at the service Port in 200ER (hvanrensburg)
                0009515: [General - 2D Panels] Excessive draw calls negatively impacting FPS when opening the 2D MCP pop up panel (also other 2D panels) (abashkatov)
                0009370: [General - 2D Panels] MCP 2D Popup FPS Drop [duplicate] (abashkatov)
                0009508: [General - Engines] Lag in 'Show Throttle' position index mark with 777 models (abashkatov)
                0009541: [Systems - Fuel] Tank mass limits not enforced properly when fuel density is adjusted instantly via the FMS FUEL adjustment menu (rsrandazzo)
                0009517: [EFB - General] EFB Documents option disabled and Documents error messages in EFB (hvanrensburg)
                0009531: [FREEZES - All Types] Sim Crashes when changing Sound outputs from FMC (abashkatov)
                0009534: [General - Suggested/Missing Features] 200ER Aircraft.cfg wrong Trent engine type mentioned (jbrown)
                0009529: [EFB - Performance and Computational] EFB OPT : EXIT selection for landing dispatch/enroute (emvaos)
                0009523: [Systems - Hydraulic] When applying Parking brake without active systems, pressure at the Brake Accum gauge is not reducing (rsrandazzo)
                0009525: [General - Flight Model] Low speed aileron lockout receiving IAS when TAS is required, causes lockout to fail. (rsrandazzo)
                0009526: [External Model - Geometry] 300ER TailSkid see through texture and piston length (jbrown)
                0009513: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Small VC gap at captains window, hook area (vscimone)
                0009509: [External Model - Geometry] PW engine texture mapping issue, fan texture incorrect on GE and low resolution fan texture. (jbrown)
                0009510: [External Model - Geometry] Cabin window shades not illuminated by cabin lighting (jbrown)
                0009504: [External Model - Geometry] 200ER Flaperon is clipping the wing (jbrown)
                0009506: [General - Unsure] Request to add EFB view to the Cockpit View Menus (jbrown)
                0009502: [External Model - Liveries] D-ALFC wrong aircraft name. Ni Hoa instead of Ni Hao (psterling)
                0000000: [Various] TOB always shows even if not selectable
                0000000: [Various] Engine fan animation syncs to FPS at N1% > 55.72
                0000000: [Various] Spurious version check indicator box appears for some users.
                0000000: [Various] RCMND ALT within 500nm of TOD adjustment

One item that doesn't fit cleanly into the change list is that Armen spent quite a bit of time reading through feedback and chatting with various users in order to bolster improvements in the sounds for all three of the 200ERs. He then spent the weekend working to adjust the sound layers in order to improve the subtle characteristics of each by tweaking the sound environment, adjusting how the sounds are layered through our sound engine, and reprocessing some of the layers in order to really enhance the subtleties that make them different. For those with experience in sound engineering, you can appreciate that doing this in the rather outdated 22Khz sound scope offered by Prepar3D takes considerable skill- which Armen has in abundance- fortunately.

Give them a listen and see what you think!

On behalf of the whole team, I do want to say thank you for the support all of you have provided to us with this product update and release cycle. When we decided that we were going to do the Base package update as an update, we made a decision to fundamentally change what would normally be expected for a product refresh. We did this because every one of us has family and friends impacted by the Covid pandemic, and we thought that conducting a refresh on the 777 product line would be a nice way to give us all something to look forward to as we begin to see the light-at-the-end of the tunnel with respect to the pandemic.

Whether you opt to purchase the 200ER, or not, your 777 base package is an altogether new product experience and we hope it brings you many more years of experience. The 777 is right back at the top of the update cycle for us again, and you can anticipate updates across the entire product range now, bringing all three products new LNAV, new Navdata processes, updated VCs for the 777 and the 747 and much much more.

We continue to work and read your feedback and look for ways to improve the product line. In the mean time, we hope you will get out there and enjoy the 777 in all of it's glory- and for those of you who have supported us through your purchase of the 200ER, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
                Thanks again for the incredible and massive work, to you Robert and the whole team.
                Having such an update right after the big Release of last Friday is very appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Cheers
                Thimote Brunot
                PMDG 737 & 747/8 & 777

Comment

Thank you very much for the update, I know it is getting better and better!
                  Unfortunately I still have issues on approach with the trim/elevator axis. It is very laggy on the elevator axis. First, it is normal, but when I trim (up or down) and then having an input on the elvator it's kind of a hard up or down. So, it is kind of swinging...Rested all my fsuipc axis and disabled all axis in P3Dv5, all other PMDG planes work fine without any problem. And no, I do not have hard/maximum deflections. Aileron works normal as far as I tested yet.

Greetings

Sebastian Peter / EDDM
                  Sebastian Hassert / EDDM

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sebastian- We are still doing some work in that area based upon reports received since release, but it was not included in this update since it requires quite a bit of iteration testing when we make changes to the flight controls. You can tell that it wasn't included in this update by reading the change list. Since it isn't included there, you can bet we didn't include it. ;-) -RSR

• EDJA_Spotter
                    EDJA_Spotter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    defenetly flies more stable than before

Thanks for the update guys, man that was quick, I sure appreciate the attention you all give to fix these items in a timely fashion. I have noticed subtle differences in sounds and handling and I must say I am impressed. I wanted to fly the other evening but got caught up just admiring the external model, landing gear, flaps, wings, engines etc etc. I think you guys nailed it and thanks again for the world class support and updates!
                  Zsolt Szivak

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Zsolt- We're not done yet. We picked off some easy ones. We have some tougher nuts to crack still... The beauty of the update system we built a few years ago is that you don't have to wait months for us to roll them out to you in a big lump. We can give you bite sized improvements as we go. -RSR

Thanks for the update. I can start 6 hour 77W flight just now.
                  Mert Aydın

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mert- I'm jealous! Too much work to accomplish this week. No such fun to be had here. - RSR

Thanks very much..
                  Abdulrahim Adar

Comment

Thank you for the work the PMDG team.

Gert-Jan Elzing
                    Elzing Gert-Jan

Prepear3D v4.5

Comment

I want to say something about the 777 and -200ER update
                      A lot of bad things were said the first days, often arousing anger, me even when I left
                      I know how to say when things are not going (and too often awkwardly) but also how to say when things are going well.
                      And today I have to say that I am amazed by the speed and reaction of the entire PMDG team to push the fixes in record time !
                      It is impressive to see how closely everyone contributed to raising the 777 as high as possible. Congratulations...
                      Waiting to be able to make long flights
                      Cédrice Rive 747, MD11, 737, 777

Comment

Excellent. Just in time for a long-haul for my stream. Thanks. This'll be my first time doing an actual flight, so we'll see how this goes.
                        Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Does this mean you can announce the 787 now, Robert? 😏
                          - Karl Brooker

Comment

• DavidP
                            DavidP commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes please!

• CANorm91
                            CANorm91 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Seconded!!!

Thanks for the update PMDG.
                          Pedro Trindade

Comment

oh wow. I have now 20 more fps rsrandazzo
                            Dan Peyerl

Comment

We have to be careful with rsrandazzo , he definetly needs a break. He had to fix so much things, thank you so much Robert. Take a cocktail, sit in the sun and enjoy it. You did so many things for us and now it is here, the 200ER in its full beauty and a massive update. Let's look forward for the 777X and see what future brings.
                              Kevin Neumann

Comment

Thanks Team! I went from FSX to P3DV5 last year and had been missing the 777. I bought the whole shebang last weekend and really enjoyed flying all the variants. Thanks from a long-time customer!

-Jody Pombrio

Comment

hi
                                  thanx for the update
                                  my Question is : are you going to add true glass and rain drops effects for the 777?
                                  regards
                                  Naif Alloush

Comment

Originally posted by Naif Alloush View Post
                                    hi
                                    thanx for the update
                                    my Question is : are you going to add true glass and rain drops effects for the 777?
                                    regards
                                    We do not use trueglass we have our own product and as we have told in the past this will be part of the full VC remodeling sometime in the future
                                    PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Nice fast update, thank you. I'm hoping the pitch issue fix can rolled out either Friday or early Saturday. Either way I'll still fly her, just be nice to have this fix baked in.
                                      Eric Fisher

Comment

Working...
                                      X