Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[27FEB21] Followup for anyone who is having activation issues - solution included, please do this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[27FEB21] Followup for anyone who is having activation issues - solution included, please do this...

Captains,

In the initial release installer, we had a flaw that affected anyone attempting to install the updated PMDG 777 Base Package (and subsequently, the 300ER and 200ER if you also installed those) who *did not also have* the PMDG 737NGXu Base Package or PMDG 747--400 Base Package installed.

The problem was traced to three required DLLs that the PMDG 777 installer was not correctly placing during the installation. This problem has been resolved and the installer has been updated in our eCommerce system to reflect this fix.

If you were attempting to install the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package and you did not already have the PMDG 737NGXu or PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II installed, *and* you had a problem with the 777 failing to allow you to activate, please do the following:

The following steps will resolve the issue for you. Don't skip any, please.

1) Uninstall the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package
    2) Delete the installer you previously downloaded. [This is important to prevent confusion]
    3) Log into your PMDG eCommerce account and download the installer again.
    4) Run this new installer (it has the same version number, don't be fooled... it's contents didn't change but we added a fix to it's logic)
    5) Attempt to run/activate the 777.

This should get you up and running normally. If you continue to have problems activating, please visit our support team at support.PMDG.com and one of us will help get you sorted out.

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Thanks Robert!

Brian McCumiskey
    Brian McCumiskey

Specs: i9-9900K, RTX 3090, 32GB of RAM, P3D V5.1

Comment

I did the above mentioned instructions. I had success but with an error however. The 777x's now load and are active, though I get an error stating "Cannot get product version data - string not found". I get this in both P3Dv4 and v5 every time I start Prepar3D and select a 777x. Either loading the aircraft directly from the Scenario window or loading the default AC and switching to a 777x.

It's a nuisance, but hey, I can still fly it.
      Dana Wiles -- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MB; AMD Ryzen 7-3700X @ 4200 Mhz; 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200; AMD RX 5700XT 8GB GDDR5 @ 1750 Mhz; M.2-1 500 GB (Windows), M.2-2 500 GB (P3d-v5); Windows 10 Home; Prepar3d 5.1

Comment

Thank you Robert and PMDG team. I'm happy to fly my favorite plane.
        Mert Aydın

Comment

Mode B
          1. P3Dv5.1
          2. P3Dv5
          3. N/A
          4. v5
          5. No
          6. No
          7. Windows Defender

Downloaded new installer. It installed working 777 base, but didn't request new activation.
          Once I select 777 aircraft and click OK to start I get the following text message.
          "Cannot get product version data - string not found"
          I click OK in this text box and sim starts ok

I cannot load any liveries from Ops Centre. It aborts installation half way through with a long error text box.

Cheers
          Roy Hedge

EDIT.. Liveries are now loading
          Last edited by royhdg; 27Feb2021, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by CoyoteLoco View Post
            I did the above mentioned instructions. I had success but with an error however. The 777x's now load and are active, though I get an error stating "Cannot get product version data - string not found". I get this in both P3Dv4 and v5 every time I start Prepar3D and select a 777x. Either loading the aircraft directly from the Scenario window or loading the default AC and switching to a 777x.

It's a nuisance, but hey, I can still fly it.
            They are aware of this one, as several people also had this issue.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...452#post111452
            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
              They are aware of this one, as several people also had this issue.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...452#post111452
              I'd seen it prior to the fix release...thought it was fixed also. Like I said...minor nuisance compared to the AC not activating at all.

The last entry in that thread is Yesterday at 23:04 regarding the issue. I only installed it this morning before and after RSR said things have been resolved. That thread, therefore, gives me no information about what people are experiencing after the latest update.
              Last edited by CoyoteLoco; 27Feb2021, 20:11. Reason: More explanation.
              Dana Wiles -- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MB; AMD Ryzen 7-3700X @ 4200 Mhz; 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200; AMD RX 5700XT 8GB GDDR5 @ 1750 Mhz; M.2-1 500 GB (Windows), M.2-2 500 GB (P3d-v5); Windows 10 Home; Prepar3d 5.1

Comment

Originally posted by CoyoteLoco View Post
                I'd seen it prior to the fix release...thought it was fixed also. Like I said...minor nuisance compared to the AC not activating at all.

The last entry in that thread is Yesterday at 23:04 regarding the issue. I only installed it this morning before and after RSR said things have been resolved. That thread, therefore, gives me no information about what people are experiencing after the latest update.
                Yeah, their main focus was making sure people could actually activate the plane and fly it. The rest could wait until later.
                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                  Yeah, their main focus was making sure people could actually activate the plane and fly it. The rest could wait until later.
                  That's why I said "minor nuisance". Just being informational.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dana- I have answered you a few times on this topic already but you keep mentioning it in different places so I feel like I'm chasing you around. As stated in the top of this thread: "4) Run this new installer (it has the same version number, don't be fooled... it's contents didn't change but we added a fix to it's logic)"

The ONLY thing we are focusing on in this discussion is the inability to run/activate the 777... everything else will get handled elsewhere, likely in a micro update in the near future. - RSR

Kudos Captain Robert and the team, it must have been a long night for you guys! Hopping on the plane right away 😎

--
                  Vincent Tek

Comment

I'm sorry Captain. I do have the aircraft working since you posted the new update earlier and I am very happy with it. I must've missed the other responses and that is my fault. The little error message is not a concern of mine as I know it will be fixed at some time in the future. Lord knows I have given myself plenty of error messages, usually in the form of scenery.cfg errors which stay around until I get around to fixing them.

I don't want you to think I'm being obtuse or nagging...was just letting it be known what I was experiencing since I hadn't seen anymore about it by others after the 12:28 update.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                      rsrandazzo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dana- No worries. I just didn't want you to think you weren't being answered, either! - RSR

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                    Captains,

In the initial release installer, we had a flaw that affected anyone attempting to install the updated PMDG 777 Base Package (and subsequently, the 300ER and 200ER if you also installed those) who *did not also have* the PMDG 737NGXu Base Package or PMDG 747--400 Base Package installed.

The problem was traced to three required DLLs that the PMDG 777 installer was not correctly placing during the installation. This problem has been resolved and the installer has been updated in our eCommerce system to reflect this fix.

If you were attempting to install the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package and you did not already have the PMDG 737NGXu or PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II installed, *and* you had a problem with the 777 failing to allow you to activate, please do the following:

The following steps will resolve the issue for you. Don't skip any, please.

1) Uninstall the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package
                    2) Delete the installer you previously downloaded. [This is important to prevent confusion]
                    3) Log into your PMDG eCommerce account and download the installer again.
                    4) Run this new installer (it has the same version number, don't be fooled... it's contents didn't change but we added a fix to it's logic)
                    5) Attempt to run/activate the 777.

This should get you up and running normally. If you continue to have problems activating, please visit our support team at support.PMDG.com and one of us will help get you sorted out.
                    Mr. Randazzo, after your "step by step" solution, B777 works beautifully on both Prepar3d: v4 and v5 !

Thank You !
                    Johnler Maia

Comment

Gents,

Excellent... Sorry for the hiccup. It was actually my own fault. I spent 11hrs working on it and then handed it off to Alex at 6a to get a few hours of sleep. Took him about 5hrs to find it. Then took 90 seconds to fix... Grrrrrr....

Robert S. Randazzo
                      PMDG Simulations

Comment

• Rznb
                        Rznb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Debugging is fun

• rsrandazzo
                        rsrandazzo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Debugging is more fun when the error is someone elses' ;-) - RSR

• Ausflight
                        Ausflight commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Debugging is fun when it’s someone else’s.Ahh how true lol.

I have a question, after support gave two dlls that let me run the base, I then went on to install the 200ER. Do I have to uninstall the expansion first and then the base?

Comment

Originally posted by killairbus View Post
                        I have a question, after support gave two dlls that let me run the base, I then went on to install the 200ER. Do I have to uninstall the expansion first and then the base?
                        I installed the base, applied the .dll's supplied by support that cured the installation issue. I then purchased and installed the ER without any problems (other than the nuisance message "Cannot get product version data - string not found" that they are aware of.
                        Andrew Marrs

i9-10900K, RTX 3090, 64GB

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                          rsrandazzo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nameless- See my comment to Angelo below. I think it may apply to you also. For anyone who was given a manual fix by our support team, that fix didn't cover ALL of the failure modes. I recommend you get the new installer and use it. That will prevent problems later on. - RSR

Angelo-

I would recommend that you download the Base package installer and reinstall it. The solution was more complex than just the dlls you were given manually and I wouldn't want you to run into trouble later.

once you have it installed- you can run the 200ER normally.
                        Robert S. Randazzo
                        PMDG Simulations

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry Robert I misspoke. The 200ER is already running, do I have to open up the 200ER installer, uninstall the ER, then open up the LR installer and uninstall the LR, and then download the new installer?

#15.1
                        rsrandazzo commented
                        Today, 00:42
                        Nameless- See my comment to Angelo below. I think it may apply to you also. For anyone who was given a manual fix by our support team, that fix didn't cover ALL of the failure modes. I recommend you get the new installer and use it. That will prevent problems later on. - RSR

Hi Robert,

The reply was to 'Nameless', was that me? I'm sure I've added my real name in the signature section, and it's showing in the forum (to me) when I post. In any case, I've already downloaded the updated installers and everything is work fine for me, please accept my thanks and pass them on to the rest of your team for the quick resolution.
                        Andrew Marrs

i9-10900K, RTX 3090, 64GB

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                          rsrandazzo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Andrew- interesting! There was no name when i read your post... no offense taken, I hope? Glad to hear all is well. - RSR

Any else’s fuselage textures somewhat transparent? Looking at the plane from the sides and above you can see the caning seats and galleys
                        Cameron Brasee
                        https://m.facebook.com/endlesswonderair/

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                          rsrandazzo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Cameron- That sounds to me like a failure of the display driver, or (far less likely but also more problematic) overheating of the display card. I would try doing a clean/update of the display driver. If the problem persists, perhaps a program to monitor temperature... I hope for your sake it is just a driver issue! - RSR

Sorry for the off topic, but just adding..

Originally posted by Endlesswonderair View Post
                        Any else’s fuselage textures somewhat transparent? Looking at the plane from the sides and above you can see the caning seats and galleys
                        Here is happening too, I noticed today with -300ER on KLM orange colors (PH-BVA) downloaded at OC.

Untitled.jpg

Didn't test with other paint yet.

Edit: tested with other textures from the OC, they are fine, just the orangepride.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by leandromstt; 28Feb2021, 08:50.
                        Kind regards,
                        Leandro Schmitt

@SBNF

Comment

Working...
                        X