Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[22FEB21] Updated Release Expectations and a Few Other Notes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Bakon View Post
    Can someone please tell me the exact PW4000 variant & thrust rating the -200ER will ship with?

Thanks!
    PW4090 - 91,790lbs

Leo Cal

Comment

• killairbus
      killairbus commented
      Editing a comment
      Where’d you get that?

okay thank you

Comment

nice news capt.

is there anything bout Peformance public... fps whise ? does it perform like the 747 or more like the NGXu ?

Johannes B.

Comment

• neilh1983
        neilh1983 commented
        Editing a comment
        FPS is a very subjective thing and differs machine to machine based on hardware, apps, temps, addons, settings etc

• EDJA_Spotter
        EDJA_Spotter commented
        Editing a comment
        true, but theres a noticeable performance difference between 747 and NGXu.

This is, hands down, the product I have been excited about the most for the last years, as an absolute lover of the mighty tripple I cannot wait to try this makeover out 😁 Congrats PMDG and thanks for the update!

(BTW, maybe a rather stupid question but will current liveries still be compatible with the updated aircraft?)
      Raoul Disteldorff,

Comment

I for one am hoping will see the release in time for the Vatsim FNO. The airports for this Friday are KSFO, KSJC, KSMF. Lots of 777 flights in and out of KSFO. I can see me flying from KDEN to KSFO for the event. Don't worry if the plane doesn't release by then. All good pilots have a backup, LOL
        Dan Moore

Comment

Thank you PMDG for lifting the NDA for the beta-testers
          Tony Argaud LFPG - P3Dv4.5

Comment

Originally posted by EDJA_Spotter View Post
            nice news capt.

is there anything bout Peformance public... fps whise ? does it perform like the 747 or more like the NGXu ?

Johannes B.
            I think it will be the same FPS maybe a bit better. Its not going to be as heavy as 747 or Ngxu. Ngxu performs the worst for me, followed by 747 and than 777. 777 is outdated, when PMDG will release the overhauled cockpit end of this year, than it probably will be FPS Heavy.

Nikita Travkin
            Nikita Travkin

Comment

• Freeman494
              Freeman494 commented
              Editing a comment
              Pop corn at the ready....I cannot wait for this one. John Freeman

• nikita1234
              nikita1234 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Rob

I am not an expert. I am basing on What I see. 777 is the best in terms of FPS since its older technology. Followed by 747 and than NGXu. I remember you had a huge post explaining why NGXu has heavy FPS performance. Its understandable because it has many switches that need to be modelled lighting, hq textures etc... That's all I said. Logically, since 777 cockpit will use the NGXu technology or maybe something even newer, FPS will probably be worse, since more things are modelled but the P3D engine is still same old engine unfortunately .FS 2020 is the future but currently at a disappointing state for now. Only for VFR eye candy flights and that's it.

P.S. Is it possible to find out what is this overhauled sound engine used for the 777 update. I have been asking around the forums but no one responded. Is it things like wheels hitting the centerline and new ground roll sounds like in 747/NGXu has?

Cheers
              Last edited by nikita1234; 24Feb2021, 15:16.

• Cocobellomann
              Cocobellomann commented
              Editing a comment
              Related topic: Forecasting with flowers: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fore...61465?mode=amp

😂

Originally posted by nikita1234 View Post

I think it will be the same FPS maybe a bit better. Its not going to be as heavy as 747 or Ngxu. Ngxu performs the worst for me, followed by 747 and than 777. 777 is outdated, when PMDG will release the overhauled cockpit end of this year, than it probably will be FPS Heavy.

Nikita Travkin
            Yes, I think I'm probably in the minority here but I actually like baked-in lighting like the 744 has for the sake of FPS.
            Rudy Fidao

Comment

• MattSweet
              MattSweet commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree 100%. I think the old 777 has the best cockpit night lighting of all the offerings.

Originally posted by VHOJT View Post

Yes, I think I'm probably in the minority here but I actually like baked-in lighting like the 744 has for the sake of FPS.
            Really, I don't. It stutters when you adjust the VC cockpit intensity both in 777 and 747. The NGXu technology is so much better but it is also FPS heavy unfortunately. Its much more fluid in terms of VC displays and the night lightning. \

Nikita Travkin
            Nikita Travkin

Comment

Hello RSR

Cheers for the update mate! Any chance you'd be working on a 777-300 after this release?

Ta!
              Don Asalage

Comment

Originally posted by Don777 View Post
                Hello RSR

Cheers for the update mate! Any chance you'd be working on a 777-300 after this release?

Ta!
                I'm pretty sure they said that the -300 would not be developed.
                Robert Sutherland

Comment

Originally posted by Don777 View Post
                  Hello RSR

Ta!
                  Nope only 48 were created if not mistaken so it's not going to happen,
                  Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                  PMDG Technical Support
                  http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Nuno Pinto
                    Nuno Pinto commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad we have 1200+ 767s :P

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Nope only 48 were created if not mistaken so it's not going to happen,
                  60 in total but still worth a look considering the fact that you guys even made the 777-200LR and the aircraft is essentially a stretch of the -200ER
                  Regards,

Swapnil Sirdeshpande
                  B.E (Aeronautics)

Comment

Originally posted by snsb789 View Post

60 in total but still worth a look considering the fact that you guys even made the 777-200LR and the aircraft is essentially a stretch of the -200ER
                    The 200LR was done due to each range. As I wrote we do not intend to do the 300. With the 200LR/ 200ER/ 300ER and the F we have covered this variant. In the future when the data are available we will consider the 777X
                    PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• killairbus
                      killairbus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Define “sufficient”

• aviator268
                      aviator268 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      snsb789 even if it were sufficient demand, it isn't something that is necessary. As he said, they would have covered the majority of the variants. It's not necessary given you have the -300ER. The fact they considered the -200ER with all engine variants is really a dream come true to cover it.

Side note, if they were to consider doing the -300, then it's best they also consider doing the -200...which - as was said - .... not gonna happen... just give thanks bro :-) all the best!

• snsb789
                      snsb789 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      aviator268 The reason why I find it justified to make a 773 is because it is a unique aircraft in it's own right. Also saying that the 777-300ER is similar to -300 is plain incorrect as both are very different with the -300 lacking all the enhancements and increased fuel capacity and gross weights of the former. You also have very different balanced field performance, climbout and engine out performance and also have to factor that in. Also your claim that if one were to make the -300 then the -200 must also be made falls flat as the -200ER is essentially a -200IGW with a centre wing tank. Otherwise both share the same Airframe to a large extent except more powerful engines. It's the same rationale vis a vis. the -200ER vs -200LR, in that one doesn't substitute for the other. All in all, I'm pretty sure if they considered this variant as a future expansion then there will be positive response.
                      Last edited by snsb789; 25Feb2021, 06:12.

Have a quick question about the repaints. Will Delta 772ER be honored? Yes, I'm aware that DL got rid of them in 2020.
                    DMITRIY TOROPOV (G-YMML)

Comment

• Wise87
                      Wise87 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I already asked and unfortunately Delta is not included in the ER release. Will have to wait for a repaint by a 3rd party painter.

Will an Austrian Airlines livery be included for the 777-200 ER with GE90 engines?
                    Kevin Neumann

Comment

Will there be any American Airlines Liveries, the largest airline in the world for the -300ER?
                      Pablo Vazquez - FA for a major U.S. Airline

Comment

• nathanforce
                        nathanforce commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I wonder if there will be a United Tulip livery for the -200ER
                        -Nathan

Originally posted by Fireblaster_Kev View Post
                      Will an Austrian Airlines livery be included for the 777-200 ER with GE90 engines?
                      The two active ER of Austrians are already done
                      PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Just hope the Omni Air ones will be there as well, on release Thats the one I am waiting for lol!
                        Kim Fjeldstad

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo Vazquez View Post
                          Will there be any American Airlines Liveries, the largest airline in the world for the -300ER?
                          There are already 2 300ER of AA
                          PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by Airway88 View Post
                            Just hope the Omni Air ones will be there as well, on release Thats the one I am waiting for lol!
                            Nope.

And please sign your posts with full name first and last as per rules please.
                            PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Nope.

And please sign your posts with full name first and last as per rules please.
                              To bad it won`t be included, it hopefully will be painted eventually.

My name is down on the bottom so
                              Kim Fjeldstad

Comment

by any chance one in the old polished livery?

Comment

I think many 772 liveries will come to us in the future. For me not important which one is at first relase...if AA / TG / SQ / CX / BA is come - thats great :-) for the future like AM / RG would be wunderful too.

Later this day i will do my last 773ER flight and then..all will deinstall for be ready :-) if tomorrow - yes. if sunday - yes too :-))
                                  Last edited by SteffenN; 24Feb2021, 15:23. Reason: Steffen
                                  Steffen Noll
                                  P3Dv4
                                  Frequent Flyer from VHHH based Intercontinental Airlines | Safe the Tourism | make the world accessible
                                  ​​​​​

Comment

Thank you! :-)
                                    Pablo Vazquez - FA for a major U.S. Airline

Comment

The two active ER of Austrians are already done
                                      Which 2 registrations would that be exactly? I can't wait to see them in the sim, thank you so much. You guys also took a very neutral thrust rating for the GE90 s, they are rather overpowered or underpowered, they are perfectly in the middle. Austrian uses a very derated one and the difference is not big. Thank you so much.
                                      Kevin Neumann

Comment

Which 2 registrations would that be exactly? I can't wait to see them in the sim, thank you so much. You guys also took a very neutral thrust rating for the GE90 s, they are rather overpowered or underpowered, they are perfectly in the middle. Austrian uses a very derated one and the difference is not big. Thank you so much.
                                        LPA and LPE are included.
                                        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

LPA and LPE are included.
                                        Very very nice, I requested the OE-LPA from iniBuilds for the PMDG 777-200 LR half a year ago, but now I don't need it anymore, you guys already made it yourself, but it is very nice, two Austrian liveries at the same time.
                                        Kevin Neumann

Comment

Thanks PMDG for allowing Chewwy94 to show a pre-release of the 777 on Twitch.
                                          Dan Moore

Comment

Very very nice, I requested the OE-LPA from iniBuilds for the PMDG 777-200 LR half a year ago, but now I don't need it anymore, you guys already made it yourself, but it is very nice, two Austrian liveries at the same time.
                                            They aren't top notch I'm afraid - I'll release my LPD pretty soon after release!
                                            Nicolas Nycz

Find my repaints here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0xl1xyxe...g_ceC1tla?dl=0

Comment

• flightjunkie
                                              flightjunkie commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              I love your commitment to precision and excellence!

____
                                              Michael Leung
                                          Working...
                                          X