Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[22FEB21] Updated Release Expectations and a Few Other Notes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[22FEB21] Updated Release Expectations and a Few Other Notes

Captains,

On Monday night, we are going to give one more build of our 777 to the beta teams in order to check out some minor adjustments that we have made, and make certain the product is ready for release. We are going to give them a few days with it before we push the product live and as such I am updating our release guidance to 25FEB to 27FEB. The good news is that the product is done, and needs only a few minor tweaks that are mostly cosmetic to the installation process and documentation. We are quite comfortable with the product itself, but we have had a bit of non-PMDG schedule disruption (in the form of my flying schedule getting turned upside down by the crazy ice storms we had all last week) and that has us pushing things out a few days so that all of the right players (including me!) can be in the correct places to support the release.

To give you an idea what I mean by "small refinements" that we are finishing up, we have added a few tweaks and UI refinements that smooth the customer experience and reduce the number of support transactions related to license key activation, for example. Since 2009 we have been using a rather generic text message to invite you to activate your product, but it does not mention the product name. This is all well-and-good if you only install ONE product and then activate it, but in the situation such as our 737 product line and now the 777 product line, it is conceivable that a customer might need to activate 2 or 3 products at one time, and it is confusing if you cannot tell which license key to paste into the window when asked.

Another example is that the activation window makes no effort to tell you, "hey, dummy- you gave me an activation key- but it is not for THIS product..." We have added some behaviors to smooth that process, and we hope it will allow more folks to self-help through the activation process by giving you the information you need to solve the problem, rather than having you wind up waiting on a support ticket answer.

A few important notes:
    • The price of the existing PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for Prepar3D v3/v4/v5 is going to be adjusted upward to match the 747 product line, effective with this update. Normally we don't comment about pricing changes, but I have seen a few folks comment that they were wondering about this particular topic- so I thought it would be good to put this info out right now. Obviously, if you already own this product, the change does not affect you at all.
    • This update cycle will add Prepar3D v5 compatibility to the entire 777 product line.
    • This update cycle does not apply to the FSX or Prepar3D v3 iterations of the 777.
    • This update cycle applies only to the Prepar3D v4 and Prepar3D v5 iterations of the 777.
    • We will publish pricing for the new PMDG 777-200ER at time of release.
    • This update will not be distributed via the Operations Center, as it requires a full reinstall.
    • When released, you will download the new 777 installer from your account in our eCommerce system.
    • Customers of our partner, Aerosoft will need to obtain the update from them.
    • We will provide the update to Aerosoft simultaneous to our release- but please understand that this might happen in close to a weekend and that might affect their ability to release it immediately. (We have been targeting mid-week specifically to avoid this, but alas...)

I think that covers most of the little questions we saw floating around that could use some clarification for folks.

One last item I forgot to mention in my previous update, is that we have spent a significant amount of time focusing on enhancements to the flight model, and also improvements in the VNAV logic for our 777 simulation. Over the past eight years, we have developed a better modeling capacity not just for the engines, but also for the aero model, and this has allowed us to really nail the actual aircraft performance. Some of you may notice a difference in how the airplane flies both in terms of it's handling qualities but also in terms of how it does (or more importantly) does NOT shed energy when you are trying to slow down in a descent. Our technical advisors are significantly happier with this latest update than they were with previous versions, and some of these folks are pushing 10,000+ hours in type so that makes us happy. This new aero model combined with corrections to the VNAV logic will find you having to be a bit more involved in managing your descent profile than perhaps you used to in the original version. Cleaning up some misconceptions and some errors in the original VNAV logic for the 777 has really brought our simulation more in line with how the airplane is flown in the real world.

We think you are going to really enjoy this.

Okay- I am managing things from the hangar and from the road for the next few days- but we'll be back later in the week to roll everything out to you.

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Many Thanks for the update RSR.

Please continue to be safe.
    Regards,

Comment

Thank you, PMDG.
      Kim young ju

Comment

Excellent, looking forward!
        Kind Regards,

Harm Swinkels

PMDG 747/737/777

Comment

Roger and Wilco. I’m just gonna take my entire system with me so I have something to do In my free time while I wait for my oral exam and final dispatch exam!
          Kendall T. Carlile

Comment

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            Kendall- Hey good luck on that! When is it? - RSR

• ktc767@aol.com
            [email protected] commented
            Editing a comment
            I have to report down there the 1st of March. Final exam will be some time between 2nd to 8th followed by the oral exam the week following. I am taking my wife and 5 month old Son with me.

• ktc767@aol.com
            Editing a comment
            FYI, I’m ready to throw what ever monetary value down to get my 5 hours of observation in that beautiful DC-3. 😂🙄

Have those dark “bands” on the PWs been removed or can they be painted over?
          Angelo Busato

PMDG puts an incredible amount of work into their products. We are lucky to have them and their high quality aircraft.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            Angelo- The "dark bands" you refer to aren't an error. They are part of the exhaust shroud that, depending upon the operator, may collect more-or-less soot coating, grime and other detritus during the operating life of the engine. Some carriers clean these areas regularly. Others never touch them. If you get a brand new engine on a older airframe you might get light AND darker versions. Livery painters can adjust such things to suite their taste and to match the engines on specific tail numbers if they like. - RSR

• killairbus
            killairbus commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok, thanks, sorry for the trouble.

• 777-300ER flyer
            777-300ER flyer commented
            Editing a comment
            And no need to ask if they will simulate that slow collection of soot coating. The answer is of course yes 😝😂

Can’t wait thanks
          Angus Rowlands i7 9700K, GTX 1080TI, 32GB Ram, Windows 10 Home. 737,777,747,DC6

Comment

Excited!

Nearly thought the events of UAL328 was going to derail release, but I'm glad it's just those final touches that needed to be done.
            Craig Norman

Comment

• rsrandazzo
              rsrandazzo commented
              Editing a comment
              Craig- Nah. No reason at all. If anything that even proved what a marvelous design the airplane truly is. - RSR

• ktc767@aol.com
              Editing a comment
              It truly amazes me how the media can spew verbal feces and some how victimize people. As if United or any Airline for that matter wake up and say hey! I think we’ll blow an engine today and leave shrapnel for miles over a neighborhood. That engine and airplane did EXACTLY what it was designed to do and it truly is an amazing aircraft. N772UA is very near and dear to me because I’ve flown her a lot (all three liveries) so I am taking this one a little more personal. Sorry Craig, I am just venting to ya. I figured you as well as most people on here would understand. 😂

Sounds good
            Jeannette Benoit

Comment

Thanks for the update. Can’t wait
              Mert Aydın

Comment

So I'm confused can we expect both the update and the -200ER expansion simultaneously?
                Marc T. Stanford.

Comment

• sprintshadow
                  sprintshadow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes sir, and I "think" -from what I read above- is that you will not be updating it from the OC as the update is way too massive so you download a full installer

Thanks for the update Rob, looking forward to fly the updated 777 and 200ER 👍
                Usama Ahmed - LHR EASA PPL Trainee

Comment

Thank you very much for the update! Super excited to fly the 772ER. Always been a huge fan of your hard work and I'll always will. Seeing the B772s here at work makes me wanna fly the aircraft even more 😁😁

I hope you all at the area where the winterstorm stroke, are safe and your family as well. Be blessed all!
                  Johnno Roskam
                  Proud PMDG pilot
                  KLM Ramp agent

Comment

God tell me we may get the -200ER later this week
                    Marc T. Stanford.

Comment

Thanks boss for the update on the product cant wait go run up the hours on it!
                      Alex Kulak
                      PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Bakon View Post
                        God tell me we may get the -200ER later this week
                        The question was answered under your reply above, Marc. The 200ER and the update are being released simultaneously.
                        Robert Sutherland

Comment

Originally posted by RoDuSu View Post

The question was answered under your reply above, Marc. The 200ER and the update are being released simultaneously.
                          It's good to see you again Robert and yes that makes me happy, I just wanted to be sure. I know the wait will be worth it!
                          Marc T. Stanford.

Comment

Thanks for the update
                            I'm not finished with the AOA and CBT 777 yet, lucky me no need to rush now.
                            Hoang Le
                            PPL,IR,CPL,ATPL

Comment

Very excited with the upcoming B777ER its always good to hear from you Robert Thanks
                              Last edited by JohnFol; 22Feb2021, 09:22. Reason: signature forgotten John Folkeringa
                              John Folkeringa
                              Cpu Amd Ryzen 5 3600X.32Gb Corsair 3200mhz.Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070. MB MSI X470 Gaming Pro.3x NvMe Samsung 970 2.5 Tbytes

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                rsrandazzo commented
                                Editing a comment
                                John- Thanks! :-) - RSR

Thank you for the update Robert
                              Lucas Jackson
                              Proud Precision Manuals Development Group User

Comment

Hi,

Will the updated 777 Base Package come with FCOM and FCTM?

Thanks.
                                Tony Argaud LFPG - P3Dv4.5

Comment

Thanks for the update Captain Randazzo, looking forward to all the new goodies!
                                  Zsolt Szivak

Comment

I am confused that there has been an absence of information about when and where GFO fits into the release schedule.
                                    Cheers, Richard McDonald Woods
                                    i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz, Win10, P3Dv5

Comment

• DDowns
                                      DDowns commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      When it is ready Richard.... we still have an iron clad NDA on it.

• rsrandazzo
                                      rsrandazzo commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Richard- No confusion or absence. The updates lately are focused on the 777, since that is the release that is pending. Once we are clear of that we will have more information on other topics... -RSR

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                                    Yoshi Elder

Comment

Originally posted by RichardMcDonaldWoods View Post
                                      I am confused that there has been an absence of information about when and where GFO fits into the release schedule.
                                      What GFO has to do with the 777? When there will be news for GFO Robert will post them
                                      Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                      PMDG Technical Support
                                      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

I bought my copy of 777 in 2015 for P3D, will I have a free upgrade, if not, then will there be a discounted upgrade?
                                        Charlie Goulding

I9-9900K Clocked to 5.0MHZ, KRAKEN Water Cooled, NVIDIA RTX2080 Super, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel Memory, 2 M2 500GB SSD's, AUROS Z390 Mother Board, 1 x Samsung 860 QVO 2TB Solid State Drive (up to 550MB/s R | 520MB/s W) in a NZKT Frame.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                          rsrandazzo commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Charlie- If you have the version for Prepar3D you are all set- nothing else to buy. (Except we are also releasing a very nice 777-200ER expansion that we hope you will consider? :-) ) - RSR

Originally posted by chasgoulding View Post
                                        I bought my copy of 777 in 2015 for P3D, will I have a free upgrade, if not, then will there be a discounted upgrade?
                                        They've said multiple times it's a free upgrade if you own the 777.
                                        Yoshi Elder

Comment

• learjet55c
                                          learjet55c commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I don't think it will be free. Because of the 32 bit version. He needs to buy it completely again. I did the same

• Mroberts95
                                          Mroberts95 commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Learjet,

I hope you didn’t buy two copies of the P3D version because it works on both 32 bit P3D V3 and also 64 bit P3D v4 and soon V5

You only had to buy one copy for FSX and one for P3D

Much appreciated pmdg team and thankyou for all the information.Looking forward to release and update of a magnificent aircraft.
                                        Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

THANK YOU / BE SAFE
                                          Naif Alloush

Comment

As the upgrade won’t come via the Operations Centre and now a full install, will we have to uninstall the original B777-200LR before installing the new version?
                                            Tony Simpson

Comment

• Lucas Jackson
                                              Lucas Jackson commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Yes, all you will need to do is uninstall it via control panel - programs & features and then install the new updated airplane using the new updated installer.

• Tony747-400
                                              Tony747-400 commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Thank you for the reply
                                          Working...
                                          X