Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[10FEB21] PMDG 777-200ER status and release progress update

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having a small competition. Which will be released first. PMDG 777 Update or Cyberpunk 1.2 patch

Nikita Travkin
    Nikita Travkin

Comment

• nikita1234
      nikita1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      I stopped playing yesterday. I just ordered new Alienware m17 R4 Laptop. Waiting for it to come in March with RTX 3080 and I9 Processor

• JWarner32
      JWarner32 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice very nice! I can't seem to find any RTX 30 series anywhere... If I do they're well over 2 grand. I'll be more patient lol

• nikita1234
      nikita1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man. The only thing i am worried is thermal temperatures. I head it can reach up to 105C. Which is crazy. But you put i9 and rtx 3080 in a small space, and thats what you get. Imagine if RTX 3090. The laptop will just explode probably)

nikita Travkin

Relax, guys. I guess there are some things with the PW engines that still have to be fixed... šŸ˜®šŸ¤Ŗ

https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1458015

Dominik Jensen
    Dominik Jensen

Comment

Does anyone know if this update will push up the price of the 777 back? I don't have it yet and was going to wait till the update came out so I wouldn't have to mess with installing the current version then uninstalling it a few days later to install the updated version. I just want the 777-300ER, but I know I have to buy the 200LR and then the 300ER. I'm just concerned that the current version with 300ER is already NZD$230 I really don't want to pay any more than that if I wait to buy when the update is released.

Jason Carstens
      Last edited by Jason789; 21Feb2021, 03:53. Reason: Had to add my name
      Jason Carstens

Comment

• Emi
        Emi commented
        Editing a comment
        HI Jason,
        while I'm not a spokesperson for PMDG, and thus can't give official information, I'm pretty confident the price will stay unchanged.
        PMDG never increased a products price with an update as far as I can remember.

• davidnorfolk96
        davidnorfolk96 commented
        Editing a comment
        They did with the 747, think it was like an extra tenner or something

Originally posted by Jason789 View Post
      Does anyone know if this update will push up the price of the 777 back? I don't have it yet and was going to wait till the update came out so I wouldn't have to mess with installing the current version then uninstalling it a few days later to install the updated version. I just want the 777-300ER, but I know I have to buy the 200LR and then the 300ER. I'm just concerned that the current version with 300ER is already NZD$230 I really don't want to pay any more than that if I wait to buy when the update is released.

Jason Carstens
      I'd say you're safe to purchase now since for owners it is a free update. Since after you purchase you will of course be a owner which means it's free for you.
      Yoshi Elder

Comment

Originally posted by Jason789 View Post
        Does anyone know if this update will push up the price of the 777 back? I don't have it yet and was going to wait till the update came out so I wouldn't have to mess with installing the current version then uninstalling it a few days later to install the updated version. I just want the 777-300ER, but I know I have to buy the 200LR and then the 300ER.

I'm just concerned that the current version with 300ER is already NZD$230 I really don't want to pay any more than that if I wait to buy when the update is released.
        Hi Jason,

I have no idea if the price of the Base package and the 300ER will increase after the release of the 200ER. To play it safe, what you can do is buy the base package and the 300ER now, but wait for the release of the update to download the installers.

Tony Argaud LFPG - P3Dv4.5

Comment

Originally posted by Simicro View Post

Hi Jason,

I have no idea if the price of the Base package and the 300ER will increase after the release of the 200ER. To play it safe, what you can do is buy the base package and the 300ER now, but wait for the release of the update to download the installers.
          Thanks for that advice. It's exactly what I just did!
          Wishing you CAVOK and tail winds,

Erik Schlijper

Comment

Hey once the 200ER version is released will it be fs2crew compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by Kylep15 View Post
              Hey once the 200ER version is released will it be fs2crew compatible?
              Greetings,

You will be asked to sign your post with your real name...as per the forum rules.
              Regards,

Comment

Good question, I asked the FS2Crew developer, Bryan, a week ago. His assumption is yes, but he has to confirm once he has access to the public release.
                Tony Argaud LFPG - P3Dv4.5

Comment

in fact, it is a bit boring, but in parts until you can understand the fact that we are extremely anxious for the update, especially those who love the B777, after all, there are years of waiting

Leandro Manducci - SBSP Prepar3D v5

Comment

Originally posted by Simicro View Post
                    Good question, I asked the FS2Crew developer, Bryan, a week ago. His assumption is yes, but he has to confirm once he has access to the public release.
                    In his most recent weekend update (20 Feb), he said this:

We're confident FS2Crew 777 will work with it; however, it will require some minor changes.

Our 777 update will be free šŸ™‚
                    So we probably won't see it immediately, but I imagine it won't be a long wait.

ww9908.png

Comment

Originally posted by cannonplug View Post

In his most recent weekend update (20 Feb), he said this:

So we probably won't see it immediately, but I imagine it won't be a long wait.
                      Sounds pretty sure to me. This could mean that he either received a copy from PMDG or a 777 beta tester has FS2Crew, tried it and told him that it will work. Anyway, good news.
                      i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                      Marc Ehnle

Comment

Mr RSR, please release the B777 update on 02/22, it would be a wonderful birthday present.
                        Fernando Porto

Comment

HI all,

I'm not an "old hat" like some of the pilots writing posts I have read in the PMDG forum. I have never really been much of a forum person myself, especially when it comes to posting in one. The T7 is the only aircraft I currently own from PMDG. My first "training level" aircraft was a 737ng from another developer. Trying to stay loyal to the 'other guy' opposed to what I thought of as the large corporation of PMDG (which I can now see is really not the case, and, not to say I'm against 'big corporation'), I was just familiar with the other company's product.

I don't believe any company's customers should expect 'hard' release dates of their products, or even release weeks. I have been without my T7 since the release of P3Dv5 with the exception of a short amount of time I reinstalled v4. I had to make a decision on which version of P3D I wanted to keep due to SSD capacity. There were enough advancements in v5 and later v5.1 that I decided to completely do away with v4 and go without my 737 and T7 until they were updated to work on the newer platform. I have smaller 'training level' aircraft I've been flying in the meanwhile.

I did find myself getting very upset with both PMDG and the 'other guy' on the time it was taking for an update to come out. As I am not any sort of a software engineer I had no idea just how much of an undertaking the update would require until I started reading this forum. I do understand numbers and have a great respect of what over a gigabyte of code requires to manipulate just based on the shear number of keystrokes and lines having to be rewritten.

As for when I believe PMDG should release this long awaited update...when it is ready. I do appreciate the 'informative' updates Mr. Randazzo offers us from time to time. It does, IMO, allow us to understand that he listens and understands our desire for the update to be released and allow us who have 'moved on' to newer platforms to get back into the left seat. I do wait impatiently, but I wait. Hence such a late posting regarding the release.

I now know it is time to give up the 'other guy's' 737 and move on to PMDG. If anyone thinks RSR has been cryptic on the update's release, the company of my 737 latest development information was given back in November with "it's in the works". That's all. If someone asks for any further information, not dates just updates, it goes in to "It's our policy....". A company can give more information to their clients without specifying specifics of anything. Which is what I found Mr. Randazzo does and I appreciate it.

I look forward to the update to this excellent aircraft (patiently impatient) and, when cash flow allows, the purchase of the NGXu so I can also get back to medium haul flights as well.

I have found a whole new respect for PMDG that can only be matched by the products they produce.

Dana Wiles
                        Dana Wiles -- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MB; AMD Ryzen 7-3700X @ 4200 Mhz; 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200; AMD RX 5700XT 8GB GDDR5 @ 1750 Mhz; M.2-1 500 GB (Windows), M.2-2 500 GB (P3d-v5); Windows 10 Home; Prepar3d 5.1

Comment

I date back to FS2 on a Commodore 64, and bought a manual for the Aerowinx 747 from some company called "PMDG" back in about 1997 or so.

Armed with that experience, the drama of a release date or window is a well worn path, repeated every time a major release is imminent.

Developer gives some indication of their estimate, along with the normal caveats that simmers should read and inwardly digest, only to see when that at 1 second after that timeframe expires, the demands, whines, and the inevitable anger develops.

It was a different world then - wire frame graphics that we thought were awesome. Very limited areas to fly that would make the modern simmer have a fit. But it was great.

So, when most simmers of my vintage see where we have come, a little bit of a wait is not a problem, because back then we never envisaged that we would see the types of things on our PC that we see today.

We are indeed fortunate.

I can't wait for the 777 to arrive in my P3D5 skies just like everyone else - so to all those suffering anxiety while waiting for the 777 - just chill out and relax.

Simming isn't that important that you have to lose your mind over it.
                          David Porrett
                          Sea Pilot
                          CPL, ME, CFI, IFR
                          Mooney M20M (G500/GTN)

Comment

I also bought the Aerowinx manual from PMDG which back than Aerowinx was on disks. I have owned every aircraft from PMDG and I will wait till the 777 comes out. I have been flying the PMDG 747-800 lately.

Jeffg
                            https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/Signatu..._747_Pilot.jpg

Comment

I love how all the people that have been around the longest never post. I guess we are all jump seat riders.

Anthony Slattery

Comment

Monday is coming. Hopefully we will have it soon.

Tieyuan Sun

Comment

Delay it. I enjoy having something to look forward to.
                                  Jeannette Benoit

Comment

I hate to be that guy but why does a very small part of me think that they will delay release now due to real world airlines pulling the PW series. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ The saga continues... (im only joking.....kinda)
                                    - Tyler M. Johnson

Comment

• aa777
                                      aa777 commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      It will be awesome when it comes out Iā€™m going to be patient šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

DavidP

I am an old hat when it comes to simming...I was on a Tandy 64 instead of a Commodore...and also flew on the old green wire frame on a black screen.

I am relatively new to PMDG though. I bought my T7 in 2015.
                                    Dana Wiles -- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MB; AMD Ryzen 7-3700X @ 4200 Mhz; 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200; AMD RX 5700XT 8GB GDDR5 @ 1750 Mhz; M.2-1 500 GB (Windows), M.2-2 500 GB (P3d-v5); Windows 10 Home; Prepar3d 5.1

Comment

Hello - I apologize in advance if this has been answered. I have the 777 for FSX but not for P3d. Will the price for the new P3d v5 777 be the same price as it currently is for the v4 bird? I understand it is a free update for current owners of the P3d 777 but I want to be sure there is no price increase for the base package once v5 update is released. If there is then I will buy the plane tomorrow in anticipation of the v5 release.

Edit: Nevermind, I just bought it just to be safe. Looking forward to the update!

Cheers, Pete
                                      Last edited by PilotPete99; 22Feb2021, 04:30.
                                      Pete Solov

Comment

Originally posted by PilotPete99 View Post
                                        Hello - I apologize in advance if this has been answered. I have the 777 for FSX but not for P3d. Will the price for the new P3d v5 777 be the same price as it currently is for the v4 bird? I understand it is a free update for current owners of the P3d 777 but I want to be sure there is no price increase for the base package once v5 update is released. If there is then I will buy the plane tomorrow in anticipation of the v5 release.

Edit: Nevermind, I just bought it just to be safe. Looking forward to the update!

Cheers, Pete
                                        I doubt the price would have changed. If I were you I would have waited because you're going to have to redownload it again (if you haven't already).
                                        Regards,

Comment

Working...
                                        X