Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[02FEB21] Looking forward to 777 Update and 777-200ER release

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[02FEB21] Looking forward to 777 Update and 777-200ER release

Captains,

A short update for you tonight, to give you an idea what the dev team is working on, and what the rest of this month looks like.

We have pushed a few updates of the entire 777 product line (including the 200ER) to our beta teams over the past two weeks, and the product is really behaving very well and looking like a finished product. One of the biggest pieces that was just added is our customized sound engine that was introduced with the 747 back in 2017 and then further enhanced for use in the 737 back in 2019. We have gone (literally) to the ends of the earth in order to properly instrument and record the sound packages for each of the 200ER variants, while also updating the LR variants with an improved sound package that we think will really knock your socks off. This is one area where having professional contacts all over the industry really pays off for us.

The affects engine that we created to properly mix sounds as you would experience them sitting on the flight deck at various altitudes and speeds has really come together nicely for this airplane package- and having been heavily involved with PW powered 777s during another part of my career, I have found it truly marvelous just how superb Armen's work is in creating the right ambiance level in all phases of flight.

Just as each of our 747 engine variants has it's own unique tenor, we think you are really going to love switching between the 200ERs and hearing just how different the airplanes sound.

Overall I think we could drop the entire update package on you tonight and be perfectly happy with it, but we are going to do a bit more buff and polish work to get things ready for you. We lost a week last month chasing a particularly vexing issue that wound up involving nearly the entire code team and a bunch of rather expensive analytical tools to resolve- but such is life when working with software.

Right now my "release antenna" is tuned to the middle of February- which begs the question: How much trouble will we cause in our already tenuous relationship with the Flight Simulator Widows Association if we drop this thing on you in time for Valentines Day?

Something we shall ponder in the next couple of days.

I have been working a bit on the master change list for the 777 update. It is incredibly long. Hundreds and hundreds of entries long. I will probably give the list it's own thread when the time is right.

A number of you have asked for images. The normal marketing strategy would have us drowning you in them, but we have been so busy getting the product ready we have neglected you. I may cut the beta team loose later this week, once Jason tells me he is done fiddling with the last few items he is working on. (You notice I didn't tell you what he is fiddling with? That is intentional, because if I tell you that he is fiddling with the left paddle flange transducer grommet cover, someone will then come back here screaming that the left paddle flange transducer grommet cover is wrong... Even though he has likely never seen one in real life. ) Besides, if you have ever seen one- it is a miserably complex compound curve.

I'll keep this update limited to the 777, because I have a few items that will surprise you, but I'd rather discuss those in dedicated threads at some uncertain date in the future when we are ready to make you smile...

Until then- wear a mask- look after one another- get some exercise- eat well and get a vaccine if you can.

And call your mother. If she isn't available, call someone else's mother. Just make someone else smile and we will keep pushing the 777 toward the final release!

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Great - We would love some good news. I got 14" of snow to remove tomorrow.
    Last edited by Paulyg123; 02Feb2021, 05:07.
    Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Thanks for the update boss! Starting to smell that JET A fuel
      Alex Kulak
      PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Much appreciated for the update and information looking forward to seeing some pics.
        Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

Thanks boss! That's a very nice update. Absolutely looking forward to it!
          Wishing you CAVOK and tail winds,

Erik Schlijper

Comment

Looking forward to the 777, just out of interest Robert, after the 777 update will we see a brand new airliner announced next?

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
              Right now my "release antenna" is tuned to the middle of February- which begs the question: How much trouble will we cause in our already tenuous relationship with the Flight Simulator Widows Association if we drop this thing on you in time for Valentines Day?
              None for me, as I would still be working anyway.
              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

How much trouble will we cause in our already tenuous relationship with the Flight Simulator Widows Association if we drop this thing on you in time for Valentines Day?

😂 😂 😂
                Josef Kolb

PMDG B737-600 to -900/747-400/747-8/777-200LR/777-300ER

Comment

Hoped for a release this week, but yeah thanks for update! Now hoping for a Valentine’s Day release
                  Regards from Cologne,
                  Tobias Kroll

Comment

At least the light at the end of the tunnel is near. Though I still have one question that's been on my mind: what about Global Flight Operations? Are we also expecting that soon?
                    Craig Norman

Comment

Thanks Robert, you just put a big smile on my face for sure!
                      But the wife won't be smiling if you release on Valentine's Day, so please for everyone's sake, perhaps a few days earlier😁
                      Zsolt Szivak

Comment

Originally posted by CANorm91 View Post
                        At least the light at the end of the tunnel is near. Though I still have one question that's been on my mind: what about Global Flight Operations? Are we also expecting that soon?
                        I'm guessing that falls under the category of:
                        I'll keep this update limited to the 777, because I have a few items that will surprise you, but I'd rather discuss those in dedicated threads at some uncertain date in the future when we are ready to make you smile...
                        Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Just drop it now RSR, my credit card is ready. Can't have a conflict between PMDG and FSWA
                          Anton Vind
                          CPU: i9-9900K, GPU: RTX 2080 SUPER, RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz, Drives: 2 TB SSD

Comment

Cool. Hope it releases fast, been a while.
                            Abdulrahim Adar

Comment

Alright, sounds great. Looking forward to seeing some air New Zealand screenshots.
                              Jeannette Benoit

Comment

Captains,

(You notice I didn't tell you what he is fiddling with? That is intentional, because if I tell you that he is fiddling with the left paddle flange transducer grommet cover, someone will then come back here screaming that the left paddle flange transducer grommet cover is wrong... Even though he has likely never seen one in real life. ) Besides, if you have ever seen one- it is a miserably complex compound curve.

Ok... ok... Touché

Comment

Excitedly waiting for Valentine's Day for the first time
                                  Mert Aydın

Comment

For Valentine's day, I'll offer to my wife the PMDG 777ER expansion, explain to her it's a wonderfull gift, very immersive and romantic, and she will discover something stunning, a new passion, but I'll have first to show her how it works.

Thanks a lot Robert. Very nice update. I just can't wait.

Cheers,
                                    Thimote Brunot
                                    PMDG 737 & 747/8 & 777

Comment

THATS BRILLIANT and I cannot wait to get my hands finally on the one plane Ive wanted for awhile now, I already have the livery waiting for her!
                                      Can I call you mother Rob? 🤣🤣 tell her that her son is doing a great job and too drop this sucker on the 14th as all the wives will understand that the night is theirs if the days can be ours?🤣🤣
                                      Adam J Pestridge

Comment

Captains,

Looking forward to the update.

On the note of having it being release on Valentine Day, the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend can pay for the update product as Valentine's Present, if you do not already own a previous 777 version.
                                        Otherwise it will be free ...

Cheers,
                                        Chris Truong.
                                        Chris Truong

System: i7-9700 @ 3.00 GHz, ASUS TUF B360M-E GAMING motherboard, 32GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER graphics w/ 8GB GDDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Professional.

Comment

fly at day, make something you know at night
                                          Jiekeng Luo

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                            rsrandazzo commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Luo- It is called "Crew Rest." <cough> - RSR

Originally posted by BrunoT View Post
                                          For Valentine's day, I'll offer to my wife the PMDG 777ER expansion, explain to her it's a wonderfull gift, very immersive and romantic, and she will discover something stunning, a new passion, but I'll have first to show her how it works.

Thanks a lot Robert. Very nice update. I just can't wait.

Cheers,
                                          Thimote,

Lolz .. We are on the same radar frequency.

Cheers,
                                          Chris Truong.
                                          Chris Truong

System: i7-9700 @ 3.00 GHz, ASUS TUF B360M-E GAMING motherboard, 32GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER graphics w/ 8GB GDDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Professional.

Comment

The bird almost landed and now he performs a "go-around" with flyby.....

Well. I think the next real landing will be butter smooth!

Great news and thanks for sharing!

Marcus Pohlmann

Comment

😂 Robert I sense you really want some of us to walk the tight rope with the potential conflict of interest surrounding Valentines Day. It is fitting given the love affair some of us have for this beautiful bird, I just wonder what my cause of death will be when I explain this to my wife? I think of the line in The Sandlot, “Hero’s get remember but legends never die.”
                                              Kendall T. Carlile

Comment

Thanks Robert cannot wait for this bird
                                                Derek Cheesbrough

Comment

Wawaweewa!
                                                  Sounds like a great change of mood in gloomy times. Thank you.
                                                  Gabriel Guzman- IAH "Never stop flying the plane."
                                                  My ANA 777 fleet project

Comment

Stifler‘s mom didn‘t pick up the phone, probably busy in the kitchen...

Anyway, my girlfriend doesn‘t give much about V-Day as long as she‘s happy during the rest of the year so gimme that update and we‘ll all love you. ^^
                                                    Last edited by Ephedrin; 02Feb2021, 11:40.
                                                    i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                                                    Marc Ehnle

Comment

• DDowns
                                                      DDowns commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Sounds like a keeper!

• ktc767@aol.com
                                                      [email protected] commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      That or she’s busy with Finch...

I can't wait to get the PMDG 777-200 ER, I already have the PMDG 777 Basepackage, the 777-300 ER Expansion Pack, the PMDG 747 Basepack, and the PMDG 737 NGX. I'm a big fan of the 747-8 and I'm not sure which of these 2 planes I should get. Because if it would have came out this week, I would have bought it. But now I'm thinking of getting the PMDG 747-8 Expansion instead. Do you guys think that is a good idea?

Regards
                                                    Kevin Neumann
                                                    Kevin Neumann

Comment

• Ephedrin
                                                      Ephedrin commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      You‘ll end up with both anyway. I love the 748

• Oranjeman
                                                      Oranjeman commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Buy the 748....she is a beauty

Great great news RSR and PMDG team, looking forward.

Hidayat Abdullah
                                                    Hidayat

Comment

Dear Robert, NO release on valentines day. Please dont be responsible for an high increase of customers at some dating portals.

Comment

Working...
                                                      X