Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

757/767

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

757/767

I know this has been talked about before but when can we have a serious discussion about the possibility of a 757/767 product line?

- Bryan

A lot of people would love the 757 and 767. With the 777 and 737MAX looming "soon" and FS2020 planes still being worked on, I have no hope. I still think most users would love to see a 787 rather than an out of production 757/767.
    Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Capt Sim has a decent 767/757. Pricy but the only one I know of available for P3D. IMHO in some ways better than the old LevelD.
      Victor Green

Comment

Originally posted by Lanica View Post
        Capt Sim has a decent 767/757. Pricy but the only one I know of available for P3D. IMHO in some ways better than the old LevelD.
        The visuals on the CS do look great, but my issue is how they're too focused on visuals, and not enough on systems. It's still missing the uplink for winds, and I've not seen any indication of any commitment on adding CPDLC and ACARS, even if it's just Hoppie and not GFO. Not to mention that not all systems are fully programmed, and some are just there purely for immersion, even if they're supposed to have function. As much as it would be nice for PMDG to do the 757/767 some justice, I feel that there's more money to be made in the 787, particularly as the QW is a half-job like CS, and the fact that there are many features that can extol the virtues of GFO to the fullest.
        Craig Norman

Comment

If you want a serious discussion about a PMDG 757/767 there's pretty much one thing to say:

Not going to happen

Reasons have been posted ever so often on this forum, a search will surely bring them up.

Regarding other 757/767 on the market. If you're happy with something where the SOP mostly works (mostly... by far not everything does) then there's something out there for you to get. But don't think just because it's expensive it is good as well. It's not bad, but not PMDG like.

Comment

Originally posted by Emi View Post
            If you want a serious discussion about a PMDG 757/767 there's pretty much one thing to say:

Not going to happen

Reasons have been posted ever so often on this forum, a search will surely bring them up.

Regarding other 757/767 on the market. If you're happy with something where the SOP mostly works (mostly... by far not everything does) then there's something out there for you to get. But don't think just because it's expensive it is good as well. It's not bad, but not PMDG like.
            Just a correction. We never said Not going to happen. I am not saying that we are going to do it but we have never said no. Only one plane is not happening for sure... MD11. All the rest are open.
            Chris Makris (Olympic260)
            PMDG Technical Support
            http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Ephedrin
              Ephedrin commented
              Editing a comment
              Naaaa don‘t mention the 11 that way, it almost makes me cry every time :PPP

• Emi
              Emi commented
              Editing a comment
              Uups, thanks for correcting Chris!

Originally posted by Emi View Post
            Not going to happen
            My thoughts exactly. Why pour a lot of resources into an ageing jet that's largely been phased out of most mainstream airlines when it's better to invest in an aircraft that can act as a springboard for future projects? The 787 is an excellent example of that. The wide-format screens are shared by the 737 MAX and the 777X, and the latter especially has a lot of commonality, so investing in a potential springboard would be more worthwhile, not to mention that there's chance that the NMA may also share the same cockpit avionics as the 787.
            Craig Norman

Comment

Originally posted by CANorm91 View Post
              My thoughts exactly. Why pour a lot of resources into an ageing jet that's largely been phased out of most mainstream airlines when it's better to invest in an aircraft that can act as a springboard for future projects? The 787 is an excellent example of that. The wide-format screens are shared by the 737 MAX and the 777X, and the latter especially has a lot of commonality, so investing in a potential springboard would be more worthwhile, not to mention that there's chance that the NMA may also share the same cockpit avionics as the 787.
              Didn't stop them from doing the 747.
              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Lanica
                Lanica commented
                Editing a comment
                Or the DC6 for that matter.( Which I love.)

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
              Didn't stop them from doing the 747.
              Well, the 747 is an exception. It is an iconic aircraft, and even if its days as a passenger plane are becoming numbered, especially due to BAW and VIR - two of the largest operators of the -400 in the world - having retired theirs, it is still popular for cargo ops. Even the last ever variant of the 747, the -8, still has orders for the cargo variant outstanding.
              Craig Norman

Comment

A PMDG 757, with the "Hekla Aurora" livery..... Oh dear, I am drooling already!

Hoping, dreaming....
                Regards, Orjan Polman.
                ENGM

Comment

Apparently Level-D is still working on their 757... so not all hope is lost, I guess 😂

Comment

Why will the MD11 never be remade? why is he so different from others?
                    Because it is Lefeteris Who Coded it ?
                    Cédrice Rive P3D4.5
                    747, MD11, 737, 777

Comment

• cedrice.rive@yahoo.fr
                      [email protected] commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Robert, I love to hear the story of your work on your planes. Something that is losing these days

• SK331
                      SK331 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wasn't the MD-11 Paul Golding's baby? Or am I making stuff up?

• B744ERF
                      B744ERF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Originally I think it was, yes, after his 727 was released.

IMHO something pretty catastrophic happened behind the scenes with the MD-11 which is why they won't even think about it (Lefteris left at the same time - not a coincidence).

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    There's already another developer working on the MD-11, and yes, it'll be a fully-simulated one.
                    Craig Norman

Comment

• Lanica
                      Lanica commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That developer has had the 717 out since 2016 and is still not fully simulated . No ACARS and you can't even enter the winds manually in the FMC, therefore I doubt their MD11 will be fully simulated on release if history is any indication. I enjoy the 717 but after release there has been a long slow period of refinement.

• CANorm91
                      CANorm91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The 717 was just a baby step for TFDI. The MD-11 is going to better than that, and development previews in their Discord actually shows that the FMC is going to be more complete, and the level of complexity is going to be above their existing 717. So I have high hopes for their MD-11.
                      Last edited by CANorm91; 29Jan2021, 18:43.

• B744ERF
                      B744ERF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The FMS is lacking on the 717. No excuses for what is missing.

I wonder who is circulating that rumor that we are not doing the MD11 because a former employee had a very small part in the code. The reasons are have been explained numerous times from RSR is economical.
                    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                    PMDG Technical Support
                    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

I wonder who is circulating that rumor that we are not doing the MD11 because a former employee had a very small part in the code. The reasons are have been explained numerous times from RSR is economical.
                      Bet it's because they thought it had something to do with a rivalry that led to a competitor being created. Highly unlikely that a product would be EOL'd purely because of a former employee who had a small part on it. That's like saying that a cartoon show got cancelled because an animator who had a minor role in making the episodes decided to jump ship to Disney.
                      Craig Norman

Comment

Originally posted by CANorm91 View Post

The visuals on the CS do look great, but my issue is how they're too focused on visuals, and not enough on systems. It's still missing the uplink for winds, and I've not seen any indication of any commitment on adding CPDLC and ACARS, even if it's just Hoppie and not GFO. Not to mention that not all systems are fully programmed, and some are just there purely for immersion, even if they're supposed to have function. As much as it would be nice for PMDG to do the 757/767 some justice, I feel that there's more money to be made in the 787, particularly as the QW is a half-job like CS, and the fact that there are many features that can extol the virtues of GFO to the fullest.
                        References ACARS and wind uplink neither did the LevelD have those. I would take more authentic systems over eye candy any day . As I stated the CS 767 is expensive but unfortunately the only choice I am aware of for a 767 in P3D. Not a PMDG level of development but a good add-on if you are interested in that particular aircraft. I gambled and bought it last month after much sceptical research and have not regretted it a bit. In fact I also bought Multi Crew Experience just to have a crew for the 767 and TFDi717. Since there is no other offering and won't be any time soon that is my suggestion to the OP. There are plenty of appraisals available to research the product before deciding.
                        Victor Green

Comment

Originally posted by golfbum971 View Post
                          I know this has been talked about before but when can we have a serious discussion about the possibility of a 757/767 product line?
                          The reason that the odds of a 767/757 are like a drop of water in a bucket is that most users want to simulate as close to reality as possible, so with real lines with real destinations, no way for them to use a 777LR, I'm pretty sure that the impact of the covid on the 747 has caused it to retire and invariably also has an impact on the -400 sim.
                          The way of simulating has changed in 20 years.

As Emi said at length about classic planes

Cédrice Rive P3D4.5
                          747, MD11, 737, 777

Comment

ACARS has nothing to do with the aircraft systems, it has no direct influence nor does the plane fall out of the sky without ACARS. It‘s an addon to a plane to make communication (and a few other things) with the geound base possible.

and who knows... there seems to be a certain friendship between PMDG and other developers, maybe some of them will even update their aircraft with new features once a new product gets released. I wouldn‘t be surprised.
                            i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                            Marc Ehnle

Comment

Originally posted by Lanica View Post

References ACARS and wind uplink neither did the LevelD have those. I would take more authentic systems over eye candy any day . As I stated the CS 767 is expensive but unfortunately the only choice I am aware of for a 767 in P3D. Not a PMDG level of development but a good add-on if you are interested in that particular aircraft. I gambled and bought it last month after much sceptical research and have not regretted it a bit. In fact I also bought Multi Crew Experience just to have a crew for the 767 and TFDi717. Since there is no other offering and won't be any time soon that is my suggestion to the OP. There are plenty of appraisals available to research the product before deciding.
                              ACARS/CPDLC and uplinks are now becoming must-haves in the simming world. Previously, it used to be weather radar coupled with more sophisticated weather engines, and since then, it's now become the norm in the industry. I can predict the aforementioned features becoming the norm for every developer of a commercial aircraft, and possibly to an extent, business aircraft.
                              Craig Norman

Comment

• Lanica
                                Lanica commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hope so. Always a big plus. What like more then anything is planes that come with an EFB.

• CANorm91
                                CANorm91 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Especially to do accurate takeoff calculations and derates. As a matter of routine (and as SOP at my VA), I always perform derates with an assumed temp to maximise engine life.

• Kevin Hall
                                Kevin Hall commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yes, but you can have ACARS and CPDLC as an external utility in any addon. It doesn't have to be built in, though obviously better if it is. Few devs offer it yet so it's harsh to criticise an existing very good addon for it being missing.

Originally posted by StachM View Post
                              Apparently Level-D is still working on their 757... so not all hope is lost, I guess 😂
                              I bet one line of code was not even written for the LD757 for the entire 2020 year. The only way to get a new 757/767 is to do it yourself
                              Paul Gugliotta

Comment

• Lanica
                                Lanica commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Or check out Capt Sim.

Chris, this is really something I've been meaning to ask, were your other longhaul ventures that much higher yielding, also compared to the NGXu? What I am really missing from FS are more study-level regional jets, like the E-Jet or CRJ. Planes you can do realistic 30-45 minute block time hops with after your day job and that basically fly everywhere around the globe on uncounted city pairings. If it has to be Boeing, then I can only imagine a 717 (interesting systems, operated by both small and flag carriers) or 757 (as versatile as it gets) from PMDG would have been top sellers...

Originally posted by Paulyg123 View Post

I bet one line of code was not even written for the LD757 for the entire 2020 year. The only way to get a new 757/767 is to do it yourself
                              I'm starting a course on object oriented programming this spring, so check beck in a few months 🤣

Comment

I dream of a good quality 767 but if I had to develop a plane it would certainly not be a 767
                                Cédrice Rive P3D4.5
                                747, MD11, 737, 777

Comment

I dream of a good quality 767 but if I had to develop a plane it would certainly not be a 767
                                  What would you develop then?
                                  Tony Argaud LFPG - P3Dv4.5

Comment

Originally posted by Simicro View Post

What would you develop then?
                                    Hello Tony !
                                    I would first of all respect the oath of aircraft devs "don't touch what I'm selling"
                                    If I had the level
                                    I sincerely think that I will go to an A220 or even ERJ
                                    Last edited by [email protected]; 29Jan2021, 22:23.
                                    Cédrice Rive P3D4.5
                                    747, MD11, 737, 777

Comment

767 freighter pls
                                      Moses Velasquez

Comment

I would rather have loved to see the Jetstream 41 finally be released for P3d v4. If I remember correctly, there have even been videos of beta tests in P3d v4, but it never came out. There are several very good airliners of different sizes in P3d, but not a single even nearly acceptable 30 seater turboprop for routes, which the Q400 is too big for. Shame that it couldn't make the way to a release.

I guess there aren't enough companies that can make as sophosticated airliners for flight sims such as PMDG, FSL, Leonardo, Majestic,... to satisfy the wishes for ALL attractive aircraft in such a quality ...at least not at a certain time in one simulator. Of course I would love to see all Embraers, the ATR-42/72, 757, 767, 787, A220, A340, A350 and A380 additionally to what is availible in the quality of the mentioned developers. But that won't happen at a time. At FS2000 this was the PSS 777, in FS9 we had an awsome 737NG, 747, 767 and ATR-72, FSX saw very good 737NG, 747, 777, and in some ways the first acceptable A320.
                                        And P3d v4 has the maximum of what I can think of, even if not "complete". I personally can arrange well with the fact that some aircraft aren't simply made in PMDG or FSL level. But they are still good and nice to fly here and there between the planes with maximum immersion.
                                        To be honest, I would purchase nearly any common plane in that quality, but I know, there will only be a certain choice. And that, on the other hand, helps not to spend toooo much money for FS :-) ...and besides always reminds us users of how difficult it is to bring out such an amazing quality of addons.

There's a certain level that I personally can accept for enjoying a flight, and the CS 757/767 are above that level, meanwhile (while the Wilco E Jets are slightly below). While I agree that in FS9 times, CS has been terrible in terms of systems, I think they've really made huge efforts towards system depth (even if they have a rather unsympathic price policy). On a similar level, I see the QW 787, the TFDI 717 and the AS A330 and CRJ. I would buy them if they were made by PMDG, but it's OK for what they are now.

Cheers,
                                        Dominik Jensen
                                        Last edited by DeeJay; 29Jan2021, 22:42.

Comment

Come now, the flight sim world has to have its own version of Q Anon doesn't it? If it didn't we would be far too nice for this world. No, there has to be that deep dark developer world who hides their activities behind closed doors in plain site.
                                          Last edited by JB3DG; 30Jan2021, 20:16.
                                          Jonathan Bleeker

Comment

Originally posted by JB3DG View Post

Come now, the flight sim world has to have its own version of Q Anon doesn't it? If it didn't we would be far too nice for this world. No, there has to be that deep dark developer world who hides their activities behind closed doors in plain site.
                                            We all know that there is that one secret PMDG developer who is making a Woodpigeon that's capable of morphing into an MD-11, like a Power Ranger
                                            Craig Norman

Comment

I read the title and it said a magic word, perfect, unique and immediately that little HYPE and those memories of my childhood return to my mind and that is to read about the B767. I imagine PMDG with a fantastic B762 PAX / F or a beautiful, sweet B763 PAX / F winglets with those old, noisy, hissing engines when you accelerate them GE CF6-80C2B7F , they just rip my eardrums, make my skin and every hair of my body. the B767 for me is poetry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QguO...l=WilfredoTour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eim...=CamiloHerrera (minute 9:40
                                              give it to me the Full Power babe )
                                              listen as in the minute 11:26 until the minute 12:00 of the video its echo sounds that leaves a solitary silence but that still sounds like a thunder of power

the two videos above is a small plea from me and from all B767 PAX and freighter lovers. I hope that PMDG and their entire team will one day bring back a great B767 product with flawless performance, as someone I greatly admire from the PMDG team told me "never lose faith" and never lose it.

excuse my obsessive love for the B767 but I just like the perfection and PMDG is the only one that would make it immortal
                                              Last edited by Steven Silva; 31Jan2021, 14:41.
                                              Steven Silva

Comment

I have faith that TFDI is going to do a a really nice job on the MD11 so hope is not all lost in this market.
                                                -Spencer Hoefer

Comment

• CANorm91
                                                  CANorm91 commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Same here. Although some have been judging too quickly by their 717, which is just a baby step for them, their MD-11 is definitely going to Trump their existing 717, and from what I've heard, they're also going to be doing a new 717 to replace their existing one, since they want to incorporate new technologies and techniques that they're using on the MD-11.

• Ephedrin
                                                  Ephedrin commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  I don‘t see any issues with the 717. it‘s a great addon, a lot of fun to fly and it certainly mixes up the beauty and charme of the DC9 and the MD11. No wind uplink? No ACARS? No automatic shoeblack? Well, it‘s not 130€ either.. they made mistakes during their rushed release, they reacted honestly and learned a lot. The product is great.
                                              Working...
                                              X